Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Asphalt racing, huh????

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asphalt racing, huh????

That really sounds like a lot of FUN!

Clean up would sure be easier.....hmmmmmmmm, empty paking lots......the quest begins.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 AM
rawkfist2

Default RE: Asphalt racing, huh????

Does this mean you are going to start? Yesterday i raced my tmaxx 2.5 with a 3.3 in it against my friends revo 3.3 with a modded 3.3 in it. I was right up there next to him and everyone says tmaxx's cant race!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

whoa...street racing a maxx? sounds like fun... anyone got a vid of this??
Old 10-01-2006, 12:16 PM
DaveG55

My LHS has one every Thursday evening in the summer at the local Kohl's. The put out cones for a course, set up a few plywood jumps and have at it. The times I've been they've had a good turnout and quite a few onlookers.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:19 PM
rawkfist2

Yea. Everyone is surprised of the tmaxx being a racer. But set up your own little coarse and try out the tmaxx and the revo. The tmaxx actually handles a little better i think. And they drive really nice to. The only bad thing is that stock wheels dont grip. So when ur at WOT and hitting 35+ then ur maxx starts to fishtale a little. But then again im running a 3.3 in a 2.5
Old 10-01-2006, 05:00 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My max with a Sirio .18 in it with a lightweight chassis today was going so fast that I couldnt control it with the stock tires lol. Literaly I was going almost WOT when it was like 35 feet away from me so I do a full brake and try to do a 360 spin and it turns out the tires had so little grip the truck slid PAST me and almot into my neighbors car. This thing goes so fast, I have to measure the speed by having my dad drive our car next to it lol. The stock tires have very little grip, im going to upgrade to HPI's Phaltline tires, they look great and my LHS is willing to sell me 4 complete with 17mm hexes for only$60! That is great consdering a pair of these tires costs $40 at the least. Im going to bet it goes at least higher than 45. I love SIRIO!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:26 PM
beelzebubishere

Hmmmmmmm......lowerrred, and I MEAN LOWERRED, Revo.........Road Rage, lighter diff fluid, a little more caster, 1 degree neg camber all around.....I could get into this.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:44 AM
LowNoma

Last time I ran on asphalt, my stock tires grabbed good enough. So good that everytime I would turn I end up on the lid. Broke the gas tank too grrrrr! Any suggestions...... other than drive it more? ( I did just get it not long ago ) suspension is all the way down with the large preload spacers and I just put 45wt oil in the shocks.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:52 AM
beelzebubishere

Sounds like a T-Maxx with "pre-load spacers..."
I will be doing a REVO.....sorry, can't relay any suspension set-ups for a Maxx.

ORIGINAL: LowNoma

Last time I ran on asphalt, my stock tires grabbed good enough. So good that everytime I would turn I end up on the lid. Broke the gas tank too grrrrr! Any suggestions...... other than drive it more? ( I did just get it not long ago ) suspension is all the way down with the large preload spacers and I just put 45wt oil in the shocks.