Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx's can be better than Savages

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:15 PM
[]TEX[]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-maxx's can be better than Savages

ORIGINAL: xfactor78

I am going out to drive my Nikko Hummer from ToysRUS, that's the best you can get right there!
NICE!!
LOL
Old 01-20-2007, 02:20 PM
itsnotskidding

ha ha..^^^.. prob be more fun!!...

i have a savage and my bro borrowed his mates t-maxx and we swoped round so i could try it,.... and again like everyone else has said, i hated it, didnt have the clearence and i found it soft and a little slower up the jumps..( mayb the engine tunning).. but i didnt feel it to be honest,

i will be racing my savage in feb in dartfor in a league sponsered by thr brca, il let you no how it all goes as someone above asked how they handled, at the moment it handles like a sack of p**h but im gettin my lower lcg so it should be better than...

Old 01-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Fr33ze

Arent they two different scale trucks? I mean, isnt the maxx 1/10th and the savy is 1/8th scale? One is smallblock, one is bigblock...

The bigger one wins the bash contest, and the smaller one wins the race?

Apples and oranges?

So the answer is buy both?

Was this a trick question???

Personally, I pick maxx only cuz it says on its feet longer. I like to bash and race my buddies when we get together, and the maxx does a fine job of doing both. Ive seen the savy in action and it rolls over at slow speeds too often for me, and I dont like chasing rolled over rig all day long... Althow it is good exercise, lol.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM
125cchyperman

I beat the crap out of my T-Maxx, I have taken it off of some pretty high jumps and have had that thing come away every time. I have RPM wide arms on it, my maxx is the first generation and that thing does quite well. It sits eaxactly like a truggy would and handles quite well. But it also bashes quite well, ans takes a lot of abuse. I have noticed that people say the Revo or the Savage is better, but anyone that says something is better then somehting else, you have to understand that it's there opinion.

Now when somone says that somthing is better you have to look at the person who is giving the info. I dont think one truck is better then another as the Revo is more of a race MT and the T-Maxx is more of a pure basher. They both have there up's and there downs and some like the Revo and others like the T-Maxx. Some people like some options and othere ike other options. It's just like Ford and Chevy and the Marines or the Army, what you have got to remeber is in the end we are all on the same team, we all like our RC's and no one should really bag on another for what they like and for what they dislike . It's all about opinion.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
dude7422

hi here is my 20cents worth. Both are good mix these parts and your truck would be best ..tmaxx chassis 5mm <<<custom made.. savage suspension//savage tranny and drive shafts
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Camaropunk

ok i dont care but ill badmouth a savage any day. i love my t-maxx and its a durrible beast. Ya know what i call Savages?...........SALVAGES cause thats all there good for....salvaging parts off of them
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
CrT-RaCeR

alright, Im a racer and I went to the track a couple of times and there were revos, savages, rc10gt, t-maxxes.ect and the revo does NOT keep up with the truggies (expecialy my jammin crt w/ picco .27) and the t-maxx cant even get over the triple w/o cartwheeling, and the savage...thats the WORST race truck on the track I go to. It cant even make the tripple w/o flipping over, its so small compared the the jammins and mugens. I would perfer the t-maxx over the savage, the t-maxxes (stock) dont break anything that serious, the savage cant stay on the track to thats out. I had a savage, I jumped it 3 feet and landed it upside down and ripped the engine out of the chassis and bent the chassis...yea the savage is durible alright, my rc10gt is more durible LOL!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:45 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats ok, I think my VW Trike is better than any Harley. Same deal... Your just proud of your Tmax a little... My Revo does run better than my Chevy pickup though. lol
Old 01-24-2007, 08:29 PM
jammin maxx 27

chevy and t-maxx all the way hands down. End of conversation.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Camaropunk

haha deffinetly. Thats like mustangs and camaros.....camaros just own them.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
dight1

i have a t-maxx. first of all its an awsome truck. Ive took it through 2 wars and its still alive. ive jumped it 6 feet in the air did a back flip with it, and its also ran away on me a couple of times. she still runs like a champ. Except my parents banned me from jumping. They didnt like to see me jump it and something break. Ive ran into my friends bike going almost top speed and fixxed the truck, still works.

My buddy has a savage, now that is a mean machine too. it is fairly durable. he hasnt broken any A-arms or anything. he has only had to replace his rear diff and little things and an engine from it being worn out. The savage is more of an offroad basher and can be a speed demon if wants to.

Its all out of personal opinion. The t-maxx and savage arent good trucks to compare since they are 2 different levels of trucks. My T-maxx gets left in the dust by my buddy's savy, since he has a 3 speed and an axial .32 engine, so its a fast truck. The savy has low end, the t-maxx has the higher end. a t-maxx will make a savage look like a warhead evo any day.

thats my opinion

oh yeah, GO CHEVY, GO DODGE, GO T-MAXX, GO REVO!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
arcticcatwill

It depends on what your doing. I think traxxas would have made a newer truck if the maxx's weren't still selling
Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: arcticcatwill

It depends on what your doing. I think traxxas would have made a newer truck if the maxx's weren't still selling

Nobody can say you don't use the search function.
This thread is nearly a year old.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, but one thing is right. Thise thread is a comparison of apples to oranges. Now with the new Mini MGT, the Revo/T-maxx will actually have some competition in their weight/size/scale class[8D]