Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo won't wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:10 AM
3.3vssavvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo won't wheelie?

yea, i just rev it alot, drive in a full circle while jerkin the throttle, then punch it. i can hold my wheelies for 5+ seconds with the tekno wing.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:24 AM
walterPPK

The Revo 3.3 does wheelie out of the box, the best way I to do it is...

Slam on the brakes and then gun it. Or take a sharp turn fast and nail the gas.

It is also true that the T-Maxx wheelies much easier. I suppose that is because of the shorter chassis.

On my Revo I decreased the amount of SAG on the rear springs by compressing the coil. This helped with the wheelies.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM
accident3

ok guys all you gotta do is tighten up your slipper clutch...you know the bolt holding your spur gear on...dont over tighten it though...I would invest in a wheelie bar.....
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 PM
nitro psyco

it could be the tuning
Old 01-21-2007, 06:11 AM
RB323REVO

Default RE: Revo wheelie?

gday mate i also have a revo

when i got mine it was this time last year, when i got it out of the box i was wrapped but i had the same problem
it just wouldnt wheel stand. dont try and convert it to rear wheel drive as that doesnt need to be done
it just becomes impossible to control.

i suggest tightning the slipper clutch also raise the trucks hight as much as you can.
tyres can also have a big impact on wheelies tyres on the stock revo are ok but upgrade to a set of proline badlands or something with high traction.

also that new 3.3 motor should have the power to lift the front high sky.

i have a RB323 big block in mine and it now wheelies on command. so much so that i have ripped the back of my revo out. trust me get a wheelie bar!!!

hope this helps you out cheers chris
Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 AM
gigacrusher.28

i have a giga crusher readyset with the single .28 engine up the front and this things weight is so evenly spread out i can balance it on a pole almost and everyone said it wont wheelie its to front heavy and i had the front wheelie off the ground 2cm and when i hit the brakes then gunned it even a bit higher and now im gunna put some 50wt shock oil in and that will fix the problem and if not put some more weight in the back try doing those things and it should wheelie but if not maybe your motor isnt putting out enough power than it should
Old 01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
REVO Lover
Banned

its not the gas becuz i use 33% and my 3.3 still doent do a wheelie. personally i don kno y but my friends thinks it can be tuned to bring it up in the air but apart from that my best guess wud be to use stiffer springs.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:38 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheelies are not all that great. I had a Picco .26 on mine, and had to loosen the slipper clutch to keep the front end down. Took the Picco off last night and gave it to a friend, and put the stock .15 back on. Now I can control the truck alot better, and it's fun again. Do not lean the engine so it goes full speed either, it won't last long that way. Fatten it up just to the point where it doesn't quite go full speed, and the engine and glow plugs will last alot longer. By the way, the slipper clutch is what saves the transmission, differentials, and alot of other stuff from breaking or stripping, so don't get carried away there either. You want the slipper clutch to work, or you'll be sorry later. Take it from a guy who had a very fast Revo, but now has lots of worn out bearings that really should be replaced. That big engine tore the heck out of my poor Revo, and I learned a very good lesson. Greed is a bad thing. lol
Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
carlbellybutton10

i know this is kinda random for this thread, but what is the difference between the stock traxxas 3.3 and the rb323 motor? im still kinda a noob