Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tmaxx 3.3 spur gear problem

Hey guy's I just installed a steel spur gear on my tmaxx 3.3.The problem i'm having is.When I give it gas it will not move.I have the spur gear and the clutch gear meshed like it should be.This is a brand new truck,well one week old.It was running fine before I changed the spur gear.When I give it gas the spur gear and the clutch gear are moving but the truck will not.Please some help on this,thanks..
    Traxxas Jato,Nitro Sport,T-Maxx,Volcano STX,Ofna ultra lx comp buggy,Smartech Speedy Tiger buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: tmaxx 3.3 spur gear problem

It sounds like your slipper is too loose. Tighten the spur gear nut all the way down, then back it off 1/4 turn.
    Don\'t feel bad ... My truck\'s not better than yours, I\'m just a better driver!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply.I put the stock spur gear back on and its running like a champ again.I will mess with it more tomorrow.
    Traxxas Jato,Nitro Sport,T-Maxx,Volcano STX,Ofna ultra lx comp buggy,Smartech Speedy Tiger buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know if the new TMaxx still uses the slipper pegs like the older 2.5 and .15Pro? If so, did you put the pegs into the new spur before installing it?
    Don\'t feel bad ... My truck\'s not better than yours, I\'m just a better driver!