Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo and Savage Bashin'+Vid

Old 01-27-2007, 05:09 AM
sketchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo and Savage Bashin'+Vid

G'day all,

This is my first post and I guess the best way to introduce myself is to throw up a vid of my Revo and my mates Savage.

This is my Revo's very first run after run in, as you can see the poor thing definetly wishes it didn't go home with me!!

I also have a Savage which I think is much better suited to this sort of jumping so from now on my Revo will be a dedicated racer whilst the Savage will become my big jump truck.

I found the Revo is the easier to control as it's handling and suspension has to be experienced to believe but it's configuration(while protecting components extremely well) makes it very easy to bend the chasis with the hard hits. The Savage on the other hand has issues with damaging components, i.e shocks, but it's vertical chasis can take just about any type of abuse.

Anyway check out my vid and you be the judge!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90YbfWuYlAc

Sketchy
Old 01-27-2007, 05:24 AM
naynay12

Default RE: Revo and Savage Bashin'

Nice video,im deciding whether i should get a savage x,revo 3.3 or lst2.I will be doing bashing but a little softer then you,and i will be mudding,Im still thinking what i should get...Anyway what you think the savage x top speed is,like the revo 3.3 is 45mph..Whats the savage x top speed????
Old 01-27-2007, 06:03 AM
sketchy

Default RE: Revo and Savage Bashin'

M8 overall I'm extremely impressed with the Revo 3.3, the reason I've chosen to use the Savage for the rough stuff may even be the fact that I can't bring myself to destroy my beloved Revo.

My Revo will eventually be all Carbon fibred up and I'm 99% sure I'll be dropping a RB523 in it to get her really honkin'!!

Oh yeah, about the top speed, yep the Savage X with the 3 speed would have longer legs but m8 you probably won't have the time to use the Savage's top end unless you're on an footy oval or something, the Revo is one agile little piece of equipment.

As you can probably tell out of my Savage and Revo, so far in my experience I would say the Revo 3.3 is the pick, simply becuase it's always going to handle better and if all you're interested in is top speed well then drop the RB523 in her and play with your gear ratio's and then you'll have yourself a bloody 4wd rocket!!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:52 AM
sunco1

Default RE: Revo and Savage Bashin'+Vid

the savage seemed to flip alot, idk if u guys had it set to have the springs hard or wat oil you used but i definatley like the revo better because i found that if you put a new set of suspension in it, it will jump anything just as good as a savage
Old 01-27-2007, 08:28 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had both, the Revo is okay, but the dam chassis kept bending on me.....though I loved the Revo's handling and braking...But truly once I drove a good Truggy I just couldn't justify keeping the Revo any more...Yes a Revo will outperform a Savage, but a Truggy truly smokes both of them in performance... the Savage will take more abuse then a revo for sure IMO, so its a beter basher..... The Revo is a much better racer then a Savage though, but unfortunately for a Revo a Truggy kills it on the track..... SO for me a Savage for bashing and a Truggy for racing, by far the best of both worlds.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They person jumping the Revo did some nice flips butI honestly have never seen such bad jumping with the Savage[:@] I jumped 15 foot sand dunes at 35 mph 25 times before my fuel tank cracked on me but come on that Savage took a way bigger beating than the Revo. Lol if I tried that with my maxx.....well lets just say I wouldnt try that with my maxx[:-][:'(]
Old 01-27-2007, 12:22 PM
rcdudegermy10

Sweet vid man, yeah the Revo did do some really nice things in the air, I gotta learn how to do that.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 PM
sketchy

In fairness to my m8 and his Savage, that day his 3rd gear went missing and his shocks were already completely stuffed, i.e no oil and way too hard springs. That's all fixed now so this Sunday we're going to see how she runs.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:55 PM
kingofthehill

cool vid...

dont mean to critisize your vid but that revo sounded a bit rich... try leaning it out a tad... [:@]
Old 01-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Rody

Hi m8,

nice video and nice jump u got there..
Were abouts in sydney you bash. i live near marrikville in sydney and im running out of spots to run my revo ?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Kdog3.3

for some reason almost every video i see of savages jumping i never see a clean landing all i see is it hitting the rear or front bumper and flipping. i only saw one clean landing in that video by the savage and clean i meant on all 4s. The revo's driver was alot better. Just my opinnion. Great vid
Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 PM
bennyblanco

dude you most be a idiot that wasnt the trucks fault the was the driver.i own a savage and a revo and i can land every jump with both of my truck besides try doing that with a revo and let see what happens.. whoever was driving that savage dont know how to drive.
ORIGINAL: Kdog3.3

for some reason almost every video i see of savages jumping i never see a clean landing all i see is it hitting the rear or front bumper and flipping. i only saw one clean landing in that video by the savage and clean i meant on all 4s. The revo's driver was alot better. Just my opinnion. Great vid
Old 01-27-2007, 11:47 PM
sketchy

dude chill, as I said before the Savage had lost 3rd gear so was hitting the jump stuck in second, as you would know if you hit the jump with no acceleration left then there's a good chance you're going to end up nosing in.

My m8 should have gone easier with that in mind, but you put a big jump out on an oval like that and start filming and all of the sudden everybody's trying to launch their truck into orbit.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Freezetron

This is HPI fanboy troll bait and belongs in the HPI forum. If you have a hard on for your Savage fine, but don't come to our section and start dissing our trucks.

P.S You can't drive that Savage worth squat, learn how to take and land jumps on a smaller scale.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:32 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: IceWindius

This is HPI fanboy troll bait and belongs in the HPI forum. If you have a hard on for your Savage fine, but don't come to our section and start dissing our trucks.

P.S You can't drive that Savage worth squat, learn how to take and land jumps on a smaller scale.
Dude, it was his Revo... he was running it... his friend was driving the Savage.... *open mouth, insert foot*

the driving of the Revo was good... The Savage may have less air control, which would account for the bad landings, however right about 1:20 and 1:45, there were some pretty harsh landings by the Revo... which it took well. Not really impressed with the Savage in that video, nor the driver... *shrug*

The editing, however, could have been a bit better... but that's a different story altogether.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:29 AM
sketchy

Yep my 1st Revo, my 1st jumping bash, my first editing attempt, so I guess critism was inevitable.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:41 PM
sunco1

ORIGINAL: supertib

I have had both, the Revo is okay, but the dam chassis kept bending on me.....though I loved the Revo's handling and braking...But truly once I drove a good Truggy I just couldn't justify keeping the Revo any more...Yes a Revo will outperform a Savage, but a Truggy truly smokes both of them in performance... the Savage will take more abuse then a revo for sure IMO, so its a beter basher..... The Revo is a much better racer then a Savage though, but unfortunately for a Revo a Truggy kills it on the track..... SO for me a Savage for bashing and a Truggy for racing, by far the best of both worlds.

if you put a picco or o.s engine it in it will keep up with most truggys but the truggys with axial .32 engines will smoke anything. the ofna mutilator has this engine and it is very fast
Old 01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: sketchy

Yep my 1st Revo, my 1st jumping bash, my first editing attempt, so I guess critism was inevitable.
Well, my biggest gripe about the editing was the roughness... the titles were rough... the slowdowns were rough... what program did you use?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:27 PM
sprocket226

Renegade, haven't seen you around in a while, good to here from you!
Sketchy, I actually liked the vid, shows how well the Revo flies for a MT. I don't give a sh*t what truck you run, as long as you're having fun, in my mind, that's what the hobby is about.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
sketchy

M8 it's called Magix Movie edit pro 11. The "roughness" may also be because I didn't realize how much mpeg-4 compresses the file so I was attempting to trim as much fat as possible and I did reduce the quality a fair bit, i.e frame rate and sound etc. Got the camera as a gift and it's definetly turned out to be quite fun. The best part is when you start the camera people seem to forget how much their little truck is worth pretty quick!! Everybody's keen to get that ultimate jump on film.

I'm going out again this weekend and by the sounds of it ther's going to be a few of us so hopefully I'll get some good shots.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:41 PM
89ram

anxious to see whatever vids you get!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Kdog3.3

ORIGINAL: bennyblanco

dude you most be a idiot that wasnt the trucks fault the was the driver.i own a savage and a revo and i can land every jump with both of my truck besides try doing that with a revo and let see what happens.. whoever was driving that savage dont know how to drive.
ORIGINAL: Kdog3.3

Well i guess every vid i see of savages their drivers cant drive. If you can land every jump then good for you. Maybe you should teach these drivers how to jump
Old 04-19-2007, 08:15 PM
NYTRO_DOOD

dang that revo totally owned that savage in that thing. the savage is supposed to be all tuff 'n stuff, but after that, i mean it broke before the revo did!!! that cracks me up!!! the savage could NOT keep it landing. it is so special that it landed that one time, that they had to do the slo-mo for it. well i like the revo a ton better, and i think that it does way better than the savage in ANY case. well thanks for listening.
not saying that the savage sucks or anything. thanks again
(it still pretty much does)
Old 04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
-JOE-

The savage might have an edge on toughness but the revo so much nicer to have ( you can see everything, not much plastic, and its a do it all machine )