Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Good Revo Bashing Wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 AM
rkadunce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Revo Bashing Wheels??

Right now I have 2 cars. One Revo with an OS 18TM and a Savage X. The place where we bash is an absolutely perfect setup. About 200 yards of abandoned construction development area that has all kinds of jumps and hills formed by the 4 wheeler guys that frequent the area. Unfortunately the ground in East TN is a mix of rock and red dirt so the entire area is covered with rocks some the size of softballs but most are golf ball sized or smaller.

Regardless, the Savage X handles the terrain no problem BUT the Revo struggles with the rocks since it is so low to the ground the bigger rocks make it flip easily. We end up spending more time flipping the Revo back over than actually jumping it. So, out of frustration I threw down $90 at the LHS for some big Lost LST tires and rims this weekend that raised it up almost as high as the Savage X so it stopped flipping except they are so heavy it slowed the Revo down a lot.

Does anyone know of a good bashing wheel for the Revo that will bolt right on and raise it up enough to clear the terrain but not add so much weight to the drivetrain? I've considered swapping the Losi wheels to my Savage and the putting the Savage X wheels on the Revo. Would that help?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 PM
revofreak

Default RE: Good Revo Bashing Wheels??

well if you want it high i would say go with the p3 rockers. those raze your truck up a lot. as for wheels+tires i would say 40series big joes. that will make it wide so it won't flip as easyly.
hope i could help
Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
rkadunce

What about tire weights? Does anyone know which is a lighter tire to run?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:34 PM
revofreak

well the big joes are heavy but i had them on my revo and was jumping just fine. they are pretty heavy though.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 PM
kemp2906

not as heavy as 40 series moabs

Big Joes : Weight: 268g

Moabs : Weight: 375g

My personal opinion is that the Moabs look best with mambo rims and Big Joes with velocitys

My friend has 2.2 moabs on his jato and he finds it hard to do donuts they are so grippy
Old 01-29-2007, 05:12 PM
spill752

I just picked up the Proline Badland MTS on 1/2 offset Velocity wheels, they should work very well. and light