Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
revo 3.3
64.41%
t-maxx 3.3
35.59%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

t-maxx 3.3 or revo 3.3?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx 3.3 or revo 3.3?

i know this is probably asked alot but i havnt been on forums in a while and im interested in both these trucks
i have about 600 to spend..i figure the t-maxx n revo go for 430-480 around here ( southeastrc.com )

but im loving the revo but i hear different opinions on it all day

im told the t-maxx takes a way harder beating tha the revo (jumps-bumps wise)

but what scares me most is the revos small suspension inboard gtr shocks they seem like they would break on a high jump..well i dont know so any advice on which 1 to get would be appreciated

T.Y
- N-i-D
Old 02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Fr33ze

Default RE: t-maxx 3.3 or revo 3.3?

For you, since your gonna be jumping and bashing, Id recomend the maxx. I beat my maxx all the time and she holds up very well. Just yesterday I took her off a huge 10ft tall snowbank jump and landed nose first on the pavement and I thought, uh oh, that cant be good for the front end, but she walked away unscathed!

I bet if you beef up the rockers and pushrods, and install a set of shocks that have a nice thick shafts, then the revo should take the punnishment... But dont qoute me on that since Ive never seen or driven one in person, I just like to figure out the weak points of the different rigz and fide ways to makem better, if I can.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
SlowDriver

While I don't bash hard like others, I don't really think I could say the Revo is not a good basher. The inboard shocks are designed very well, and can handle a good deal of punishment.

I have an original TMaxx .15Pro truck, which I've now pretty much upgraded to 2.5 specs, and a Revo 2.5R. In my opinion both trucks are sturdy as heck.

However, if you think you'll ever want to race with your MT, I would recommend the Revo, due to its updated suspension design.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
-EXTRA-

i like the tmaxx cause i own one and i like it
Old 02-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

i think ima go with the maxx

ive read good and bad about both

ive heard revo diffs are weak and the a-arms are too

ive heard the t-maxx shocks tend to pop out alot on sudden impact for say a steep ramp or something..im not sure but i think i like the tmaxx better it looks as tho it can take way more beating due to larger shocks im not 100% sure yet tho but ima ask the hobby shop
Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

come on guys persuade me on witch one to buy
Old 02-02-2007, 09:55 PM
SlowDriver

It's all up to you. Another thing that might help in your decision ... If you have friends with RCs, or folks at a local track, talk to them about what they have, and get their recommendations also.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:18 PM
denon8wong

i like the revo cuz its so much easier to drive
plus it was designed to out perform the maxx in every possible way
Old 02-02-2007, 11:52 PM
-EXTRA-

pssshhh dn i doubt that the maxx is an awesome truck and i never had a problem with shocks (popping out) there stronge and just plain awesome aswell as all other parts on the truck plus with the tmaxx since its been around waaaaaaayyyyy longer then the revo there 100x more parts you can get for it and yes i prefer 8 shocks over 4 and in the 10 months iv had my truck only broken a lower A arm (from interferencew ran full speed into a car) and a few spur gears stripped and thats it tmaxx is a stronge vehicle and i love it been good to me
Old 02-03-2007, 10:26 AM
sm1nts2escape

If you are just starting out I would say get the max.The revo is very durable and all I own a 3.3 revo but the t-maxx looks way easier to work on.Everytime I see a t-maxx I say I wish mine was that easy to work on.The revo is cool and all with the onboard shocks and no you don't have to worry about them breaking.The only problem I have had with my truck has been the plastic pushrod ends stripping off causing the truck to lose it's suspension but this only happend when I was doing some 8 ft high jumps in 95* weather.I think the t-maxx is just as cool with it's sipe pipe and 8 big shocks.The t-maxx also has more choices for boddies too.You will be just as happy with either one.Get what you want both of them are great trucks.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:54 AM
jnev

the revo is pretty much better than the tmaxx in everyway. it's faster, handles better, is more durable, etc. the revo is pretty much the tmaxx's replacement as it's better in pretty much every way. the tmaxx was an awesome truck back in the day but it's just too old now.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

hmmm

well my cousins 2.5r t-maxx's shocks pop out when he uses a parking stone as a ramp nothing really breaks but they do pop out often on him

i think ima go to the hob shop ask a few guys i know there which they would chose for bashing lol

one has told me not to even buy the savage because its a hunk of sh*t he says.(no offense).when you walk into southeast (and the picture on the web site) all you see is traxxas parts and AE parts lol

they only have 4 containers with hpi parts lol

i was also thinking about a lst2 but he told me they cost way to much and have so many problems ..at that point i was so lost..i have plenty of expierience but not so much in monster trucks i have the mt2 and a 4-tec but i need a traxxas model that out does his 2.5r t-maxx so i said ok 3.3 time to make him jealous
Old 02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
UNITED RC

I am in the same boat...I cant decide on what truck to get. I dont see, however, how a REVO with a 3.3 engine can be much faster, if at all, than a T-Maxx with the same 3.3 engine.

Anyway, I did have the 2.5 T-Maxx way back when, and I was happy with it. I did blow a couple of shock caps off, but I just bought aftermarket alum, and no more caps blown.

The T-maxx is cheaper, and for bashing, I think I am leaning that way.

URC
Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM
WarRaven

hmmm, this is fairly biased opinion on my behalf.

I was in similiar boat a couple weeks back, between X SS,T-Maxx and the Revo.

Well, since then, myself and 2 of my buds locally have purchased Revo's.

I really love the handling and i am not a basher so it fits the bill well for ME, i can turn an get back to where i started from faster then the X SS i face from our other friend, the fourth.

So, now its 3 wicked handling MT's and a brute basher being the X SS.

I have been hopping mine up a fair bit since purchase, so have the others. So much so it seems the lhs salesmen i chat with has mentioned thier high numbers of sales and its effect on thier ability to be able to keep stock up for them , in hop ups parts i speak, and not basic replacements which are fairly availible.

So to me, it said volumes, theres alot out there, owned by all ages an sizes and have a common goal to push this frame to its limits in fields other then just bashing, but thats handled fairly well by it from what i seen my buds put his through so far.

So, overall, noob i am and only have one other RC being a Pede, i love my Revo.
My friends are somewhat seasoned to this sport an went this way too, so i am in with two feet aswell.

Last thought, my friend with the X ss, said our purchases were wise for our noobness an that if he was at the same crossroads, he too would choose (Now) a revo over his present ride, now this is not to knock his X SS, he's been at it for awhile with it and its worth more then my 1/2 ton work truck.(It simply rocks, scares me when it comes close, i like my lower legs an wish to keep them)

Happy combusting.

WR
Old 02-03-2007, 09:01 PM
raptornut
My Feedback: (20)

a friend of mine has a revo and I'ts in the shop more than I'ts on the track.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
blue2charger

hey nitroisdeadly, i go to southeast all the time. i was deciding whetheh to get the t-maxx or the savage. i went there and all that they said is to get the maxx. go there and ask for armando and he is really helpful.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:29 AM
TNTJake

BTW guys do you think the T maxx will be discontinued since the Revo is doing so well?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
UNITED RC

i dont think so. They have positioned the Revo to be a RACER, while the T-maxx has been knowing as an all around ultimate basher.

Plus, with all the 3rd party hop ups and aftermarket parts, I think the T-Maxx will not be sunset anytime soon.

URC
Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM
TNTJake

ORIGINAL: UNITED RC

i dont think so. They have positioned the Revo to be a RACER, while the T-maxx has been knowing as an all around ultimate basher.

Plus, with all the 3rd party hop ups and aftermarket parts, I think the T-Maxx will not be sunset anytime soon.

URC
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:30 AM
mattress78

REVO = VERY CAPABLE RACER

T-MAX = EXCELLENT BASHER
Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: mattress78

T-MAX = EXCELLENT BASHER
Mattress,

Great bullet points. I would also asume that you could use the T-maxx for a "newbie racer" correct?

URC
Old 02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Kdog3.3

You can do that also you could get the Gorillamaxx suspension kit if you want to get serious in racing[8D]
ORIGINAL: UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: mattress78

T-MAX = EXCELLENT BASHER
Mattress,

Great bullet points. I would also asume that you could use the T-maxx for a "newbie racer" correct?

URC
Old 02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
05SRT

I have a fully modded T-Maxx and just recently acquired a revo from a friend who trashed it. I havent even driven the revo, But when i stripped it down to clean it and look at what i needed to fix im in love with the revo. Just so you know friend had it and broke it. Got bored with it so i bought the truck with a motor but minus servos and a body for 60 bucks. Cant go wrong there eh. Plans now are finish the rebuild with the stock motor to do functional check then swap to a EB MOD 18tm. Then through my vantage pipe on for a nice little ride.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: 05SRT

I have a fully modded T-Maxx and just recently acquired a revo from a friend who trashed it. I havent even driven the revo, But when i stripped it down to clean it and look at what i needed to fix im in love with the revo. Just so you know friend had it and broke it. Got bored with it so i bought the truck with a motor but minus servos and a body for 60 bucks. Cant go wrong there eh. Plans now are finish the rebuild with the stock motor to do functional check then swap to a EB MOD 18tm. Then through my vantage pipe on for a nice little ride.
From your initial work, what truck is easier to work on? Accessibility, etc?

Thanks

URC
Old 02-05-2007, 04:04 PM
05SRT

if you are brand new to rc and not planning on racing tmaxx is the simpler truck. The revo wasnt hard for me to do anthing with...just keep track of stuff as you take it off. Im a person who will take a brand new truck apart to see just what makes it tick. It really comes down to personal preference. So far the revo wasnt much of anything to work on. Nothing that was any more hard or easier than doing on the maxx. Personally im planning on cleanin up the maxx to let me get the EB MOD .18tm motor for the revo as i dont think ill be driving it much after the revo is done. And if it breaks still got the rally car and soon the MTX-4 to go play with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.