Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ANYBODY HAS A REVO THAT CAN SMOKE 3.3 JATO on a strait line(65+mph)

ANYBODY HAS A REVO THAT CAN SMOKE 3.3 JATO on a strait line(65+mph)

If you have that SUPER REVO. What makes it kick?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ANYBODY HAS A REVO THAT CAN SMOKE 3.3 JATO on a strait line(65+mph)

yeah, um

the same motor with double the weight is never going to win

no chance a revo will ever win stock to stock on a top speed issue

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

yeah, um

the same motor with double the weight is never going to win

no chance a revo will ever win stock to stock on a top speed issue

Absolutely no. I'm talking about insanely moded Revo. SUPER REVO

I know some out here has a Revo that can at list can go head to head with a stock 3.3 jato.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you could always put the revo in the trunk of a porsche

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well you might want a faster car then a porsche. r/c car magazine did a test with 4 cars, the 4-tec 3.3, jato 3.3, menace, and a x-ray 007. the jato beat a porsche tiwn turbo in a 0-60 mph run.
    \"I\'m going on Nutrisystem. I used to be a chick magnet but now I\'m a refrigerator magnet\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bet youI couldbeataJato with my Revo. My Revo still has 3.3 motor too. Only performance mod really is pipe. The reason I will beat a Jato is because I havent seen a 3.3 Jato yet that can keeps its damn front wheels on the ground for more than half a second. You say go and my Revo is gonna 4 wheel drive drag race with allfourtires on the ground while the Jato wobbles down the straightaway on the wheelie bar. Id put money on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

I

D

I

O

T

!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there is no way a revo will beat a jato... thats like racing a 4.6L mustang against a 4.6L f-150.... yea no way will it happen... even if the front end comes off the ground, the wheels are still turning... once the gas is down on that jato its GONE....
    though there is one way a revo can "smoke" a jato... set the jato in the middle of the road and drive the revo down the road and just smoke it that way... thats ur only bet... so if u put money down that it can be done... i hope it wasnt much
    t-maxx3.0(18tm), the more i give it the more it gives back

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First show me a video of a 3.3 Jato going anywhere near full throttle from a dead start with its wheels on the ground. I know its much faster because its lighter but I havent seen anyone able to control it very well. How far are you talking about racing them? 20,30, 100 yards? Also what surface are you racing on. Im telling you I can beat that wheelie machine any day under the right circumstances. Also you said even if the front is off the ground the wheels are still turning. Yeah but you are going much slower at that point and while you are trying to regain control as it wobbles on that wheelie bar Im long gone. Its all about control.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hahahah i bet there is many revo's that can burn a 3.3 nitro jato or should i say e revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my friend has a revo with a ninja.21 and he beats stock jatos!
    Revo rb523::: Jato tm18::: Team Magic g4 tz.18 :::
    Spektrum 3.0:::Sportwerks Mayhem buggy stock:::

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmmm... interesting, I do see the case of the wheelie machine, vs. the all mighty revo that's lowered down, on pavement, and only a tuned pipe, give it a 25 yard drag, I've seen the video's of the jato completely wobbling all over the place. not to mention when you back off the throttle and pump it it still pops the wheels up (all four) and rides on the wheelie bar. I don't know it'd be a close call. I'll let you know my buddy is buying one once his taxes come back so.. We'll have to video post that one.
    Def of NITRO: Nothing like the sounds of her screaming and the smell of her sweating...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well you never know, what might happen, if you got rid of every single unneeded thing on the revo got carbon fiber everything, wheelie bar, a nova .28 that is stage 5 modded, ultra lightweight electronics. lightweight body with the least air resistance, geared it right, get ceramic bearings, tuned correctly. it could happen. But a really important thing is a lightweight drivetrain is what will matter because centrifugal forces can add a lot of unneeded stress on the motor making it rev slower. But the engine is what will make the difference.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You show me a video and I'll believe it then.........otherwise a REVO never beats a Jato...................NEVER
    REVO 3.3 / RC10T4 / XXX-4 G+ / E Rustler / AXE CP / Flatout Biplane / UCD 60
    Mini Magic / Pulse XT / Showtime 4D / JJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I be willing to bet that my revo can get it of the line with my picco but im pretty sue it will still get me in the long run.
    Im So Far Behind I Thought I Was In 1st

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well my Revo would beat a jato 3.3 in a 300' run... I had a stripped down extended Revo, Heavily modded 28, custom wheely bar that kept the front planted, and a few more tricks.... Anyways in a 0-300' race my Revo would blast out of the hole and it took the jato 300' to pass me... the Jato is faster for sure, but plantig the power was a huge issue, my Revo with the custom wheely bar could use 100% power right off the line..The revo was topped out at 150 feet, but the jato still took 300' to overtake it

as well I was running 30% and he was running 20%....
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is there any way you could post a pic of your wheelie bar. I need one for my revo and my lhs said they dont make one so maybe I can get an idea off of yours. Just got the picco 26 and she is a beast. The only way I can take off with out flipping it is throttle control. lol I love it.
    Im So Far Behind I Thought I Was In 1st

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kjelld168804

You show me a video and I'll believe it then.........otherwise a REVO never beats a Jato...................NEVER
    never say never! i have learned this the hard way.
    my cars:
    .32 ofna violator
    nitro 4tec that needs repaired

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I dont think you will get a Revo up to 65 mph as the fastest MT so far has only reached a speed of 64.5mph I believe it was(Dontr quote me on the exact speed) Do I htink a Revo can beat a Jato in a drag yeah, if the drag was 100 feet or so. But if the race is any longer then I dont really see it happening. Now the think is your taing a highly moded Revo vs a stock Jato. Take a Highly moded Jato vs a highly moded Revo and I dont see it happening really at all. Especially if you know how to seat up the Jato and with the use of some extra weight up front and a wheelie bar that will allow weight transfer but no wheelies, then by no way will it happen. Well you can never say never but a little unlikely though.

But a moded Revo vs a stock Jato yes but just dont make the drag race to long.
    Go eat a grape there cowboy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no, im sorry, no revo can beat a jato. no matter how many mods, my best friend has a jato 3.3, and i have a revo with THS Pipe, Picco 26, foc, and it beats me off the line and top speed. its lighter, and just cuz it cant keep its wheels off the ground doesnt mean it cant whoop a revo. dont get me wrong, my revo is really fast, but no match for a jato. bashing though, hes always breaking parts. there two different cars for two different things

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lots of people talk but I just can't see it happening
    REVO 3.3 / RC10T4 / XXX-4 G+ / E Rustler / AXE CP / Flatout Biplane / UCD 60
    Mini Magic / Pulse XT / Showtime 4D / JJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i saw it happen!! i wish a had a video[:@]
    Revo rb523::: Jato tm18::: Team Magic g4 tz.18 :::
    Spektrum 3.0:::Sportwerks Mayhem buggy stock:::

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3.3vssavvy

no, im sorry, no revo can beat a jato. no matter how many mods, my best friend has a jato 3.3, and i have a revo with THS Pipe, Picco 26, foc, and it beats me off the line and top speed. its lighter, and just cuz it cant keep its wheels off the ground doesnt mean it cant whoop a revo. dont get me wrong, my revo is really fast, but no match for a jato. bashing though, hes always breaking parts. there two different cars for two different things

the modded 28 has soo much more power then the Picco 26 its not even funny... The Revo tranny would hold for no mnore then 3 or 4 tanks before blowing up.... My top speed was around 50 MPH...Your Picco 26 is around 42-43 MPH....You cant compare the two mills...The modded 28 would leave off the line much worse then the jato.

We raced 3 times about 300'... side by side the whole way, at the end the jato is obviously gaining ground. but we ran out of real estate long before the jato tops out, i won 2 races he won 1...yes the Jato 3.3 weighs half as much, but my 28 Revo has double the HP, and the advantage of a full drag race style wheely bar..the jato is geared higher and cannot plant its full power for quite some ways into its run, my revo could go full bore right off the line... so it got a huge jump on the jato,

the wheely bar was 6" long and used a wheel from a rollerblade, the wheely bar sat very close to the ground and at take off it would touch the ground before the front tires would lift.... My truck ran 0-100" in 2.38 seconds, and reached top speed in about 175'.

here is a video of another Revo with an engine I modded, except this Revo doesn't have a wheely bar like I had...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rLrj...e=user&search=

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the modded 28 has soo much more power then the Picco 26 its not even funny... The Revo tranny would hold for no mnore then 3 or 4 tanks before blowing up.... My top speed was around 50 MPH...Your Picco 26 is around 42-43 MPH....You cant compare the two mills...The modded 28 would leave off the line much worse then the jato.
    So if a pico .26 can only get a revo up to 42-43 mph, the advertised claims by traxxas at 45 mph with stock 3.3 is false and a lie.

Wonder how them with the .32 axials hold up for so long then.

BS

WR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WarRaven

So if a pico .26 can only get a revo up to 42-43 mph, the advertised claims by traxxas at 45 mph with stock 3.3 is false and a lie.

Wonder how them with the .32 axials hold up for so long then.

BS

WR

the Axial 32 is actualy a fairly mild mill compared to a LRP 28....and compared to the modded 28 its dowright slow.... A STS 30 anihalates the Axial 32 !

here is all the motors we have speed tested and the results.

a stock 2.5 Tmaxx hits 28 MPH, a Revo 3.3 33-34 MPH, a Picco 26 Maxx 43 MPH, a Ninja .21 Revo 43.5 MPH, a XTM 24/7 pro Revo 43.5 MPH, a SH 28 P6 44 MPH, a RB C6 Revo 46.7 MPH, a STS 30 Revo 48.9 MPH, a Picco 28 Revo 48 MPH, a Nova 28 48 MPH.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast