Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

GRRRRRR my EZ start button is missing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Kawasakirider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GRRRRRR my EZ start button is missing.

I've torn the house apart, it's long gone and I can't start my car. Is there anyway I can hotwire it? I've tried sticking allen keys in there but nothing will make a connection.....
Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 AM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: GRRRRRR my EZ start button is missing.

go to the local auto parts store and find yourself whats called a momentary switch.. replace the whole switch unit in the handle with it
Old 03-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Kawasakirider

Eh, I have found out that my pocket knife with pliers works. I am going to upgrade to roto start anyway. My side pipe is giving me grief again, I need to re arrange it so I don't have an air leak, at the moment I'm to angry.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:00 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Kawasakirider

Eh, I have found out that my pocket knife with pliers works. I am going to upgrade to roto start anyway. My side pipe is giving me grief again, I need to re arrange it so I don't have an air leak, at the moment I'm to angry.
Angry? Why, it's a hobby, stuff happens...
Hope you get a good Roto start because those things were notorious for a while for their switches failing too. I had to replace the one in the RS for my savage because the darn thing would just stick in the "on" position. Talk about fun, a running truck and a rotostart that won't quit spinning, it was a handfull. I think they may have gotten that problem solved but there's always something to break. All you have to do is scan the HPI fourm to see people have RS problems all the time, PS problems too. One thing to be very carefull of with the roto start is hydro locking. They aren't like the ez-start or a pullstart. You hydro lock an engine with a roto start and it's pretty easy to trash a crankshaft.
Anyway, take a deep breath and relax, you'll get the truck running right again.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Kawasakirider

I zip tied the muffler to the rollbar aswell, to stop it from moving the header, it seems to have worked right, I ran it for a while this morning and it was slow as a dog, the slipper was loose, so I tighten it and run it, wheelies when it hit second (only took it for like a 30 second run) then the slipper went loose again, so I tightened it and when I went to restart it, the glow warmer had died. So I am charging it now to see what happens. My roto start was very good to me when I had the savage.