Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx3.3 carb broke!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
hdking46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx3.3 carb broke!!!!!!!

my tmaxx carb is broke the metal plug with oring on back side of lsn has no threads left it will not seal??? i think this must of been bad for a while motor was running lean and i had to richen it up alot just to keep heat down..i dont no how this happen ,but cant afford new carb just yet, tryng to buy rc boat. can i fix it with epoxy???? any suggestions and any reason why this happened?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Dil

Default RE: tmaxx3.3 carb broke!!!!!!!

well same happened to me, i really got sick of the trx carbs from then, it was my first truck and i didnt know that theese threads were gone and there was an air leak,[:@][:@][:@], i tried for weeks just to tune it thinking i had been doing something wrong with it, and one day i discovered that thoose two silver nuts were sitting on no thread(in my casr both thoose silver nuts were sitting on no thread),[:@][:@], ruined my whole engine honestly!!,

hehe i tried fixing it with gum, it was quite ok,, dont let the gum go too far in of it will block the fuel passage
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 AM
tmanbu

I would think that if you put some RTV silicone around the plugs and let them dry completely it should seal them.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 AM
hdking46

i tryed some marine epoxy see if that works i think this thing has been bad for a while, hope i didnt fry motor. i cant beleive they make this Pos and sell so many. i am tired replacing parts . should of bought the savage........
Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Rotorranch

Just replace the carb body. I think they are less than $20.

Rotor
Old 03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Device

I just replace the carb body on mine and like he said I paid 20$ can for it