Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Fuel filter ...yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel filter ...yes or no?

I was having problems with high end power. Reluctantly , from my friends advice(newbie) he said the obvious to check my fuel filter. My thought was if every thing is sealed and I'm being carefull when I refuel and fill my bottle from the 1 gallon jug , how can any real dirt get in there? After all it's been @ 2 years since I put the fuel filter on my trucks.lol...So I took them appart and...It looked like naval fuzz in there! Got me wondering, so I got the one gallon jug and ran the fuel thru a coffee filter using a funnel. Cut the filter to see and there was some small particles and even a lil bitsy bug! I would think that a coffee filter is of a sanitary condition for this experiment. So my question to all is have you had problems with dirtyfuel filters and where's the stuff comming from other than the obvious? And advice...if you don't have a fuel filter get one and if time permits run your fuel thru a coffee filter first. I'd attach a picture but the 'bits and bug may be to small to see...
Old 03-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

Default RE: Fuel filter ...yes or no?

wow i should try filtering mine see wat happens..i run fuel filters on all my vehicles even tho the revo has a built in filter
Old 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Freezetron

I agree, $5.95 for a Dubro filter that I put on mine is a small investment to protect the engine
Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
lanerbrainer205

Wow, I am definately going to start cleaning my fuel!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Bob

Nitro... or any others,If you do this let me know what you find out.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

well i just squeezed a small ammount onto a hite tee that i had laying around...and when i looked real close gues what i found out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nitro burns ur nose..j/k i knew that but forgot..my nose is still kinda burning

but! as for particles..after it evaporated i didnt see any..what fuel are u using? im using 33% trx top fuel
Old 03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
weez440

i took off my stock traxxas motor the 2.5 cause it was impossible to tune so i bought an os.18tm and put on and had fun so for the heck of it i thought i only have a lil over a 1/2 a gallon of fuel through this 2.5 so i took the hsn off right where the fuel goes into the carb and it was about 3/4 plugged with dirt. i sold my t-maxx put that motor back on put the carb to factory specks and it runs like a champ. got a fuel filter just need to spend 2 min and put one on each the savage and revo.