Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

for those of you wanting to compare a savage to a revo

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

for those of you wanting to compare a savage to a revo

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for those of you wanting to compare a savage to a revo

well heres a lil article i found and this guy pretty much sums it all up and tells the pro's and cons of both the revo and savage

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/traxxas-vs-hpi.html
Old 04-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Super Bob

Default RE: for those of you wanting to compare a savage to a revo

Could never get behind HPI...or in front or along side ?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

i have owned 2 hpi's only kept 1..the mt2
Old 04-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Super Bob

Niro...go to bed
Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 AM
GNX5T

I had an HPI RS4 in the mid 90's. It was a really good car. I had it modd'd to the max. built for parking lot bashing though. When I bought my revo, the only reason why I bought it was because after all the reviews i've read and lhs info. They all said the revo was a better performing truck. It can do alot of everything where the savage x is prodominately a basher. I don't knock HPI at all. I used to own one and I think they make a very good product. Hey, we all know there's alot better than traxxas out there in some categories. that's for sure.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:52 AM
ssj2

In the picture where it says "Now for the HPI Savage X" it shows a picture of a savage 25. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 AM
REVO-Beat-U

I get sick of hearing about this topic over and over again. Especially when these so called "experts" *****foot around and they dont give a real opinion. Revo is better out of the box and HPI is a better basher.....who cares. What I want to see is one of these "experts" tell us after the average person dumps another $750 - $1,000 into the trucks to make them racers, which one will win? Truth is, most of the time its going to come down to who is driving the trucks. HPI and Traxxas both make great RC Trucks, and both can be very competitive with the right modifications. I own a Revo and I have only good things to say about it. I bashed it for a year, then got into racing it. I will say it was a great truck in both cases. From personal experience, I would say the Revo is a much better racer than it is basher....but that shouldnt be a surprise, it was designed and built to race. The HPI should be compared to the T-Maxx if you want to talk about bashing, not the Revo. In my humble opinion the Revo is a race truck, not a basher. Yes it can be used to bash, but that is not what it really is. If you want to look at the best race truck then all you need to do is look at this:

Traxxas takes First Place in 2007 Radio Control Car Action Readers’ Choice Awards
Revo Sweeps 2006 R/C Pro Nitro Off-road Finals
Traxxas Revo 3.3 Wins First-Ever ROAR Monster Truck Off-Road National Title

Head to head with the best drivers the Revo has been winning on the track. I think in this case performance speaks louder than any so called "expert" ever could. You want to race, buy a Revo. You want to bash, buy a HPI or T-Maxx. What it all comes down to is, buy what you like and enjoy it, dont worry about who is best at what.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:47 AM
GNX5T

Wow, great little rant REVO-beat-U. I must admit i was one of those guys posting a thread asking people's opinions, even with truggies. I think the answer of which one is best will never be answered. You're right, buy the one you like and enjoy it for what it is. But you have to admit, you should research them. You wouldn't wanna buy a truck that the hobby shop doesn't carry many parts for. Like from where I'm from CEN's are popular but can I get one, yes. Do they stock parts?, no. So I wouldn't buy one. So the research does have a point I just think people are asking the wrong questions. Not whats best but what is everyone useing.

I've always been a firm believer of not reinventing the wheel. Go with what people are doing and you'll be sure to be happy.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
REVO-Beat-U

Sorry, I did not intend for that to seem like a "rant". In most cases almost every hobby shop is going to stock HPI and Traxxas parts so that shouldnt be a concern in this case. All I wanted to point out is the people who try to compare HPI and Traxxas never go as far as saying which is really the superior truck. The comment you always hear is Revo is the better racer, HPI is the better basher. I tend to agree with that fully. But as I tried to state before, buy what you think is cool. Buy something that makes you happy. Who cares what anyone else thinks, when it comes to a hobby like RC trucks, its time for everyone to be selfish. Do whatever it is that makes YOU happy.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 PM
mt2nitronut

LOL LOL LOL LOL, WOW I,M JUST GOING TO MAKE A HYBRID a little of everything lol
Old 04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
itspuddingtime00

I'll take both my Revo and my Savage SS, but for on-road I'm gonna stick to my NTC3+. Savage is tougher, Revo is faster and more nimble, but I enjoy both. I have an E-maxx and a Stampede too and I have to say that compared to AE and HPI, Traxxas vehicles aren't designed as well IMO (except for the Revo). But they are designed more for beginners, so what can I say.