Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Picco .28 overkill?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
sm1nts2escape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picco .28 overkill?

I think if you are just looking for something big and bad go with the .26max it has more power than you will need and runs cool.The only reason for running a bb is just for bling or hardcore racing.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:55 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

This is just my opinion but, anything that has more power then the OS .18 is overkill. I have had the big blocks in my Maxx's and my Revo and they work very well in the Maxx but, the Revo being lighter does not need all that power. For me it comes down to controllability and the OS is just on the verge of out of control. With the .28 I had in it (don't get me wrong here) it was fun but, out of control! If you do go with a BB conversion get a wheelie bar and plan on repairing the tranny and diffs from time to time.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Uglysteve

I don't think Big Blocks are overkill. I love my big blocks. 'Course I have a center diff so wheelies are not my goal/problem. I have had to replace my diff cups with aluminum ones and had to replace one center diff alum cup over the last 8 months that i have been running big blocks in my revo. I also just sent my new Picco .28 in to ABMods for the $85 mod. I should have it back by this weekend. If i still had a stock radio and couldn't adjust exponentials and end points, then yes, it would be out of control. But with these tools at my disposal, it will drive like any engine i want during low to mid throttle depending on what i set my exponentials to, but when i hit full throttle, it's balls to the wall power to the wheels. It's both fun to watch and fun to drive.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 AM
rawkfist2

Ive seen in person Revos with picco .26 max in them....

They are smokin Jato's off the line and over the line....
Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
drag racer

im thinkin about getting one for my tmaxx. will it just wheelie uncontrollably?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:46 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

It all depends on how its set up? Here is my UE Supermaxx with a .28 on it and it handled great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69037.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	690454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93301.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	690455