Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2wd revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
ELMOBSTER
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd revo 3.3

is it possible to make a rear wheel drive only revo, i dont race, i just play around the house and at some parks, im thinking with taking the reverse out and taking out the front diff it will be a little quicker and more interesting to drive. i used to have a sportmax and that thing was a blast!!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:13 PM
rawiswar

Default RE: 2wd revo 3.3

would guess the easiest way would be to take out the front center shaft and leave the front diff in (i only mention this as i heard some where that some one lost the little pin from the front centre shaft, so they ran it with out the shaft)
Old 05-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Mr-Revo

its a revo it a mt y make it 2wd but hey spose if u wnt it its easily possible
Old 05-06-2007, 06:35 PM
crazykat

Your turning radius will become bigger without the front wheel drive. When breaking in my picco maxx, I blew out the front diff and all i did was take out the shaft between the diff and tranny. Then replaced it when i got the parts in. Just remember that now 100% of the power will only be going through 1 diff instead of 2.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

Edit: that was for the poster above you. What?^^ If you want to make it permanent take out the diff and all the drive shafts, and find a way of keeping the shafts (thing you screw the nut on where the hex is attached) in the knuckles. That would make it lighter and make it accelerate faster. If you could make the shafts go on and off or the axel you could switch it back without too much trouble.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 AM
ttoks

i did this, and it is fun! i took the center shaft going to the front diff out, and both the front drive shafts, i don't think i'v had more fun with my revo, but you will blow the rear diff no doubt with all the power going through it, so i put it all the shafts back in.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Beasley1

It is pretty much uncontorable on dirt. Great for donuts though.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:11 AM
ttoks

exactly why it's fun! lol, it just turns in random directions whenever you hit the throttle, and it will slide like it's got tape of the tires (i'v done that too) it's all fun, all pointless, and all makes you more likely to break something lol
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 AM
MaD_MaxX

I have my maxx like this for the last 2 months. broke one day both front axles and since I don't have much time, never got new ones. I left the center shaft and the diff in there and only took the two axles out. It was fun at first but after a while it got really anoying. It goes weird and only has rear brakes, so it doesn't stop easily. try it out and see yourself.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
revobreaker

ok i havent looked at my revo in a month but i seem to remember that if you take the front drive shaft out you wont have brakes unless maybe you have the rear brake. i have blown out a front axle before and take the other onr out and had 2WD for a short bashing session without any problems.