Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I need some help with my E-maxx

Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with my E-maxx

I just recently bought an E-maxx and am having issues with the batteries getting to hot. I'm running the stock gearing with two of the 12t 550 titans wired in parallel and a Novak super duty XR ESC. The motors and ESC are running nice and cool but the batteries are getting so hot the plastic wrap is melting around the base. It's only seems to happen to one pack at a time though. I've had 2 sets of packs get to hot and each time it's just been one pack thats melted the plastic wrap. Also the run times seem very poor. I'm getting maybe 7-8 minutes of good run time before the packs fall off. Is this normal for 3000mah cells? I'm kinda new to electrics and have mainly only ran nitros in the past. Any help or solutions are appreciated.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:46 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: I need some help with my E-maxx

2 things come to mind if it is only one pack at a time.

One pack isn't charged up all way and is empty first.

The other thing is the current draw of a 12 turn Titan on 12 cells or so is going to be pretty high for 3000 batts. The batts are probably of a generic/low quality and the motors really should be smokin' hot as they should nopt be able to handle 12 cells.

Your run-time seems pretty good though.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Rex2342

Default RE: I need some help with my E-maxx

I think your right about the one pack being dead. I was using some older epic dreadnaught 3000 packs and some dynamite 3000 packs also. It seem that one of the dreadnaughts had a bad cell. This still doesn't explain the other set of packs though. The Dynamites aren't the best of quality but they are brand new and are charging fine. I was worried about the motors at first since they aren't rated for 14.4v but they handled the power just fine and were only slightly warm after a run. The ESC was also only slightly warm. I guess I'm gonna just swap back to the stock Titans and see if my problem persists.