Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new shock springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:51 PM
1Nightrider1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shock springs

ok yesterday i found out my revo has been bottoming out alot in the back so i replaced those srpings with the long travel springs and they dont bottom out anymore but now the front bottoms out and i dont think traxxas supplied me some front long travel shocks so what color shocks would be equivelent to long travel springs
Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 PM
ttoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new shock springs

if your bottoming out over jumps the problem isn't the springs, you need to change to a thicker shock oil, slows down the suspenstion travel, i'd say 50-60 wt with the stock long travel springs.

the harder the springs you use, the thick the shock oil should be, anything up to 80 wt depending on how rough your bash spot is and how big the jumps you do are.

the stock springs you get are:

long travel, silver front, blue rear

standard, white front, green rear

i use the stock long travel springs on my revo with the p2 rockers with no problem.