Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo eating clutch shoes[ need help}

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 AM
nitro psyco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo eating clutch shoes[ need help}

I just bought a ninja .28 for my revo just broke iy in and now its eating clutch shoes like crazy im on my 3rd set what shoes are you guys using for your big block revos
Old 05-18-2007, 09:32 AM
ttoks

Default RE: revo eating clutch shoes[ need help}

team orion makes an excellent 6 shoe adjustable clutch called the v6, comes with a flywheel to use with it, but you may not be able to use it with the tock clutch bell, as the stock is 25 mm wide, and this clutch needs a clutch bell at least 26 mm wide.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLMF1&P=WR]team orion v6 [/link]
Old 05-18-2007, 03:01 PM
cyberbomb87

well after you give your left arm and right leg you can afford that clutch
Old 05-18-2007, 09:18 PM
ttoks

i know it's a bit pricy, but it's worth the money, it lasts a long time, and grabs like a kid after candy, you really cant use the stock clutch with a big block, you need something that can transfer the extra torque better, most big block will just slip and eat through shoes like anything, also wasts a lot of power.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The Orion clutches get eaten up fast, and they are damn expensive. Get a regular 1/8 buggy clutch with 3 aluminum shoes.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Uglysteve

ORIGINAL: ttoks

team orion makes an excellent 6 shoe adjustable clutch called the v6, comes with a flywheel to use with it, but you may not be able to use it with the tock clutch bell, as the stock is 25 mm wide, and this clutch needs a clutch bell at least 26 mm wide.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLMF1&P=WR]team orion v6 [/link]

That is a good clutch. I've been running it for about 2 weeks. It's amazing. As for the shoes going fast, i've heard the opposite from the others around here who use it. But i say that it is a great clutch. By the way, you can buy it a little cheaper from Horizon Hobby. [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ORI88600]See it here.[/link]