Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Good Basher

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM
JT4SPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Basher

I was looking at a few different trucks for just to bash with. I Have a Revo 2.5 set up for racing but don't want to bash with it. I thinking a Revo 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, or Hpi Savage. What would be best?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Dorsil

Default RE: Good Basher

Search button
Old 05-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Beasley1

I wouldnt get a savage there slow. Go with the revo 3.3
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
c_hochhalter

i think the revo is the best thats what i bash with and its awesome the savage is really indestructable but its so slow it gets boaring with the revo its crzy fast and super strong my votes the revo
Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: Beasley1

but built like a tank and the new 4.6 engine makes it about 35mph+

and also the revo 3.3 does not reach 45+

just like all other manufacturer speeds printed on the box
Old 05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: Beasley1

The Savage 21/25 are. THe Savage X4.6 rtr will probably stick with the revo 3.3 in a drag race.

Here is my honest unbiased opinion. I am a traxxas guy but I hate how the revo is designed sometimes. The plastic on the revo could be stronger but it holds up decently. I have had no luck with the TRX 3.3 so I replaced it in favor of a larger Picco .26 Max. When I bash, I bash hard! Ive had rockers, a-arms, bulkheads, and motor mounts break from harsh landings which the savage would have soaked up and kept on trucking. Also, the revo is a pain in the ass to work on. THe slanted engine, inboard shocks, hard to reach screws.

I gues Beasly1 dosen't know you can upgrade the engine in a savage (without any BB converions like the revo). Drop a modded nova .28 in the savage and watch it go paired with a 3 speed. Gurantee it won't be slow. The Savage uses a very strong plastic and I have not broke 1 plastic componet on My previous Savage 25(owned it for 2 years!!!). THe on;ly thing I didn't like was the TVP chassis, hard to work on. But, they changed that with the new X chassis.

Either one, you can't go wrong. I would go with the Savage as a basher, but that's jut me.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:19 PM
drag racer

depends how hard your bashing it. id say savage or tmaxx
Old 05-31-2007, 06:39 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Savage will almost never break!!!!! I have a 25, I sold the .25 engine about 2 months ago and got an STS D.30M. I'll be breaking it in this weekend and it looks like a monster. The Savage was no slowpoke in stock form either. It pulled wheelies on grass and kept up with my old 2.5 in my Maxx. It was a lot quicker off the line but once the Maxx hit second it was over, goes about 4-5mph faster than the Savage on top speed. I love my Savage, the Maxx breaks after almost every run but I have yet to break my Savage after 15-20 foot jumps and various beatings. All I know is this new engine ain't gonna be no picnic.... I need to invest in a wheelie bar, oh and I guarantee that with the .30 this thing is gonna push 43-45 since I've seen these engines run and they are the wildest mills on the market...[8D] Tom.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM
cooleo_cool

ORIGINAL: Dorsil

Search button
Is this a forum or an archive?

Sorry but posts like that bug me. If you don't like reading/answering the questions, then don't.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
dight1

revo is a racer.
savage is a all out basher.
if you only want to race get a revo
if your all about insane go until something breaks (which it wont ) go with a savy.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
89ram

my experience says go revo. i've seen warheads, savvys, and tmaxxes break, but the revos seem to be pretty dang tough!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:04 AM
jarett 92

I dont think you'd be dissapointed with whichever you get. I bash a revo and after a few small upgrades its quite the basher if i might say so myself RPM arms and maybe carriers, and get some heavier springs and 60 or 70 wt shock oil and u got yourself a jumper.