Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OS vs TRX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS vs TRX

ORIGINAL: HARC_PT
    People say to me that the 3.3 hold the tune better than is smaller predecessors, can this be thruth?
    I've had no problems out of the two 3.3 engines I've used. I only have to adjust if there is a weather front moving in or the humidity is really high that day. It's just about the ideal amount of power I would like on a 2.5 chassis, just enough to carry the front and you do not have to baby the throttle off a corner
    It can always go faster...but it usually doesn\'t stop as well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS .18tm, or the tz, my tz will be here tommorow. and we don't use the metric system here, how hot in fareinheit is 110*c??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

230* F

The conversion is multiply by 9, divide by 5 then add 32. Maybe one day we'll all join the metric system and end world wide confusion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah, maybe... I like the standard system though...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the standard system, but when you have to work juggling numbers and ratios you really find that the metric system is superior in functionality and it just makes sense..

Either way..I think the win-all post will be a drag race 3.3 vs OS.18tm....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: philthewrench

I can say without a doubt it was the BEST money I have spent on my maxx!!!!
    Sorry! What engine do you get for your maxx?
    OS 18. I was really getting frustrated with it. I've been flyin' heli's for a while so to tune the engine I thought was no big deal. But no matter what I did I was never really happy with it, run good one tank like junk the next, if it lasted that long!!! Now I fuel and drive, a little tweak hear and there but for the most part a dream. And the power compared to the 2.5 is night and day.

Phil

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think people should be more helpful and know something before giving advice. The OS 18 TM is a good engine, not superior to the 3.3 though, and the header from the TRX engines will NOT fit the os. So to the people who said everything will fit, why don't you wait until you actually have firsthand knowledge before spreading forum myths.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was decided to buy me an OS .18TM... but my online store dont have it... only have the TRX 3.3...

People say to me that the 3.3 hold the tune better than is smaller predecessors, can this be thruth?

I really am affraid of traxxas 3.3 engines... traxxas engines seem to be hard to tune... at least my 2.5R was... and the 3.3 have the same carb as the 2.5R... i believe that it have good power but the only problem i'm seeing in it is his carb and his hard adjustment...

I could buy from another online store the OS .18TM as TOWERHOBBIES... but only my online store can make the shipping without give me problems with customs fees on my country...

Please be free to (continue) give me your personal opinion! (please avoid to give a dealer opinion)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well this is my first post in this forum, dont take that for a lack of experance. I have 3 diffrent revo's, a stock 2.5, a stock 3.3, and a 3.3 chassis with an OS18 and a 3.3 pipe. I can say hands down that the OS is much faster than the 2.5r. Between the 3.3 and the OS, the low end power is better with the OS. The top end they are pretty evenly matched. In saying that you also have to note that to get them to be evenly matched my 3.3 is running around 230F while the OS is around 190F. Personally i would take the OS over the 3.3 every day of the week and will be replacing my 3.3 with an 18TM just as soon as it blows up!!!! (being that it likes to run really hot...250F - 280F, it wont be long!!!)

The OS motor has been way more forgiving with tuning and much more responsive to my pipes when i decide to run them. (I have a couple) The 3.3 can be very tempramental when run on a pipe, dont get me wrong it will make alot more power, you just have to stay on your tuning to keep it from melting!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One more vote for the OS .18TM , I am lovin mine !
    Ten SCTE , LST2 ,Micro SCT , Tekno 8ight T , RCSC8
    B44 , Hyper 10SC , E-REVO , Micro DT , Tekno D8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12