Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What luck

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:00 PM
PiccoLow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What luck

omg I cannot believe how many things went wrong on the break in cycles. Put a 3.3 in a 2.5 Revo we are giving my nephew a month ago. The e-clip flew off during the 2nd tank and destroyed the spur gear. So we ordered parts and when i was putting it back together I noticed the slipper is broke. So I put everything back together and locked the slipper so it wouldn't matter...and the reverse output gear broke.

So finally today, we have all the parts and I put it all back together. It was running like a demon and all of a sudden died. No sputter no rev up, it almost was like someone hit the off button and it instantly died on the spot. The one way bearing seized on the backplate and locked up the engine. Thankfully it didn't fuse to the shaft.

But man once it got running it was spot on tuned and would flip it's lid going into 2nd. This kid is gonna have a blast tomorrow because he thinks it's broke still
Old 07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Turbocruiser13

Default RE: What luck

Atleast you got past your problems man that's good news. I've barely got my break in done on my new stampede and the thing leaks 1/8 of a tank of fuel all over the place. It comes through all of my fuel lines and all of them are ziptied to the max. It also leaks out from underneath the glow plug and the plug's been changed more than once. I'm not exactly happy with it at the moment, but I'm atleast glad somebody's got their RC up and running well.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: CeverR6

omg I cannot believe how many things went wrong on the break in cycles. Put a 3.3 in a 2.5 Revo we are giving my nephew a month ago. The e-clip flew off during the 2nd tank and destroyed the spur gear. So we ordered parts and when i was putting it back together I noticed the slipper is broke. So I put everything back together and locked the slipper so it wouldn't matter...and the reverse output gear broke.

So finally today, we have all the parts and I put it all back together. It was running like a demon and all of a sudden died. No sputter no rev up, it almost was like someone hit the off button and it instantly died on the spot. The one way bearing seized on the backplate and locked up the engine. Thankfully it didn't fuse to the shaft.

But man once it got running it was spot on tuned and would flip it's lid going into 2nd. This kid is gonna have a blast tomorrow because he thinks it's broke still

Cever, you are going into be in for some huge fun when you drop that Picco in your revo dude!

I go to track on a Saturday, start practicing and 5 min later....poof...rear diff is blowna long with cup. Replace that within in a hour or so...then get back to practicing.

About a half hour later, hear plastic stripping thinkin it's the spur. Wrong, almost all tranny gears were stripped and wore into tranny case. So, I get back in and buy some replacements for about $40.

This is about a hour and a half later, rear shaft is literally twisted. I was absolutely pissed and called it a day. These kind of days happen before the Picco as well! Bought the replacement parts and traded the truck off. I could not stand it, I would be always worrying about my truck breaking. I didn't feel like spending $175 on diff and tranny gears to handle a mid-block. I could just imagine anything bigger, total disaster. That is one of the reasons my friend why I switched to Losi!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 AM
PiccoLow

Yea I am a little worried about the picco being too much. I'm really debating on just getting an 18tm, it's cheaper and not so much of an overkill.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:51 AM
l3asher

ORIGINAL: CeverR6

Yea I am a little worried about the picco being too much. I'm really debating on just getting an 18tm, it's cheaper and not so much of an overkill.

I run a Picco Maxx 26 with a stage 2 mod and it hauls tail. Still on all the stock parts in the drive train.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Brent Davis

FWIW, I sent my 3.3 to Rick Brake of RBmods.net and had him install his new roller bearings and his new unbreakable rod. He also ported the cylinder and lightened the piston as well as the new rod which is lighter too. I have a friend with a stock .18 OS and my 3.3 blows it completely out of the water and will flip this 14 lb. truck at will plus I like the wow factor when ppl still see the 3.3 in the truck.

Just my .02
Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 AM
crazzyrevo

I have been running the OS21TM and have not yet any probs Tha revo's drive chain seems to handle the power with no trouble.
This baby will lift on demand GO'S GREAT.
Just wait till you get one of these in your Revo..