Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo 2.5 probs

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:37 PM
eastcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 2.5 probs

Ok ,first off my revo is going on 3 years and about 7 gallons put though her,i still have tons of compression,i should know this but she won't stay going ive takin the glow wire out completly and use a ignitor with the ez start, so yesterday i was out and i'm in the processes of tuning for the summer cause i run rich in the winter,yes i bash in the winter -_- so i start her up and she runs fine with the igniter on the glow plug put as soon as i take it off she dies,im pretty sure its the plug,even though its glows when i test it,just wondering if anybody has had the same issue,im just troubleshootin here,i was thinking mabie a airleak,but i think that is highlly unlikely
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26804.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	734284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73765.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	734285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12987.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	734286  
Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
bud09

Default RE: revo 2.5 probs

nice truck, but needs more detail of mayb wat it sounds like and how long it runs for. it could b and airleak since it is old, and wen was the last time u changed to glow plug?

how do u run in the winter? like how do u prep it, get it rdy? i would like no for wen winter comes.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be the plug...
Take a close look at the wire fillament...if it looks like a flat gray, then it's gettin' kinda beat...it should be a shiney chrome looking.

Just because a glow plug still glows, doesn't necessarily mean it's "good" because as the engine runs, microscopic specs of metal from the engine (as it wears ) will deposit on the fillament and coat it, and that interferes with the catalyitic reaction of the Platinum coating and the Methanol in the fuel. (there are other factors but I think that's the main one )
Old 08-02-2007, 03:35 PM
DaveG55

The two most common reasons from your symptoms are, in no particular order,
Too rich and the excess fuel is cooling the glow plug too much
or
Weak/bad glow plug.

Yes a glow plug can can still glow and be bad, or at least too weak to keep the engine running w/o the ignitor attached.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: proptop

Could be the plug...
Take a close look at the wire fillament...if it looks like a flat gray, then it's gettin' kinda beat...it should be a shiney chrome looking.

Just because a glow plug still glows, doesn't necessarily mean it's "good" because as the engine runs, microscopic specs of metal from the engine (as it wears ) will deposit on the fillament and coat it, and that interferes with the catalyitic reaction of the Platinum coating and the Methanol in the fuel. (there are other factors but I think that's the main one )

also the fillament will go white after the first run
Old 08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
eastcoast

thanks guys yeah im pretty sure its the plug,i just did a a test i set it bact too facory defaults and i left the ignitor in and drove it down the street,man it was fast,so its the plug-__- and yeah its had its use!!,and the matter of wither bashin,i have everything in ballons,even the rx battery other then that,thats about it,for drying i useally use a heat gun too dry it up,what i can and just let her dry overnight,handn't had anyprobs yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE48DzVUjZA
Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM
eastcoast

ohh and 1 more thing ,its good too wrap the cooling head with paper towel ,or cut a sock up and keep it there with a rubber band,what ever worksit helps keep the temps up
Old 08-03-2007, 11:50 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has done that and it was just the plug. So i would change the gow plug.