Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Shock Problem

Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Danker16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Shock Problem

the rear shock in my revo that i replaced the oil in the four of them, but one keeps bleeding all the oil i put in it, i had to replace the rubber piece on the cap because i tried cleaning it with thinner but got ripped, so i replaced it and when I installed the shock it just bleeds out all the oil, what could be the problem, none of the other shocks do that

thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Chumba

Default RE: Revo Shock Problem

Look at the rubber ring UNDER the shock absorber, actually where the piston exits from the shock body
there is a small ring, but if the cap on it is too close it breaks and the oil gets out

i had the same problem and i've had to replace the small ring; to be sure check all the shocks (and, due to the fact you will have to dismount all, clean all the parts and use a stronger oil than the genuine traxxas one, especially for rear shocks)

ciao
Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 PM
rEVOkING

how do the threads look on the shock body ?

is the cap new ?

is it leaking from the top of the shock or the base ?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Danker16

its still leaking from the top, maybe the threads on the cap are worn out i will use some of that thin tape to see if it works, because im broke now