Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo 2.5 Shifting 2nd nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Danker16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 2.5 Shifting 2nd nightmare

ok, i bought an OS 18TM and its my first engine, i already broke it in the heat cycling method. i ran almost half a gallon after i broke it in doing small tunes. once temperatures reached 290^ mark but i fixed that.

my engine has been running 240-50 mark. i took it out for a real tune today to really learn how the stuff works but i dont hear the tranny shifting not even a full speed. the thing just revs like crazy but no shift. i lifted the truck and let it idle then hit WOT but the tires didn't balloon.
i would like to know how can you tell when the tranny shifts. i tried adjusting the shift screw to test after i tuned, by closing it completely then a WOT, then open screw by 1/2 WOT, another 1/2 then WOT and another 1/2 then WOT and then another 1/2 then WOT but no difference in speed. i even tried like 4 full turns open and nothing yet.

the truck flies when i hit the throttle but it doesnt seem to have such top end speed. i also did the FOC kit.

thanks, johan
Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
jasytosy

Default RE: revo 2.5 Shifting 2nd nightmare

the exact same thing happens to my jato i still havent found out how to shift gears but one way for maybe if you havent tried it yet is to tighten the slipper clutch a bit that way it the engine hits the gears quicker but on my jato i tried it and still nothing.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
minipro

How is your slipper clutch adjusted? You may need to tighten that down. I had that problem. I pulled the tranny adjustment screw out a few turns and it still never hit 2nd gear, but it turns out my clutch was just slipping pretty badly.

Here's a link on how to adjust your slipper clutch...it's super easy. The proper tools to do this were included with your Revo when you bought it, so that makes it even easier!

http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lan...adjustment.asp
Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Danker16

sorry i did not mention but my slipper clutch is right on target for pavement running, i dont want to tighten it to the point that is not slipping, it slips but with hard turning while holding the shaft. but i will try to tighten it a little more so see the results any other suggestions?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:06 PM
keepontruckin

could be a bad tune, every once in a while (like the other day) my maxx was doing the same thing, ran great just wouldnt shift, i just richened (i believe) the low speed needle a little and it shifted perfectly, and the temps were fine

try that and if that doesnt work lean it a little; i forget which one i did being im so used to using the pinch test for the low speed

richen first cause that cant really do much harm eccept flood your engine
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Danker16

BUMP?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:02 AM
danker17

is there a Factory setting on the second shift screw, i cant seem to tell if the truck is shifting...........what a pain
Old 09-27-2007, 12:15 PM
minipro

I don't believe there is a factory setting. What I would do if this was my truck (what I did a few weeks ago) is simply tighten the slipper clutch all the way down, then start the truck, and hold it in the air and give it the gas. At WOT it shouldn't take more than 2-3 seconds to reach high rpm's in 2nd gear. You WILL know if it hits 2nd gear while holding it in your hand. Once it hits, it'll jerk back and forth a little bit, and also your tires will start to balloon in 2nd gear. Even if the engine Revs don't change much...your arm will know the difference. Just tighten the slipper clutch all the way down to do this in the air. It isn't going to hurt anything. Then you can go back and re-adjust your slipper clutch when you're done if you want. If it hits 2nd gear with the slipper clutch all the way tight then you know that's your problem. If it doesn't then you may need to re-adjust the tranny screw(which way have you been turning it? clockwise or counter clockwise?) And if it still won't shift into 2nd gear when you hold it in the air with the slipper clutch all the way tight, and the tranny adjustment screw doesn't help...then you know you have another problem.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
jasytosy

what fuel are you running off, i know that i was runing my jato on model tecniques and it wouldnt shift, then i put tornado in and it did it flew faster than ever.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Danker16

i am running Morgan fuel Sidewinder 20/12 race blend.