Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

official Everything Tmaxx thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:21 PM
cmerritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Tmaxx

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

thats the only 2 places I know of to get any of the UE stuff
okay thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM
cmerritt

i was planning on getting a set of 4 UE shocks and 4 proline bypass shocks. would that work??? im not sure because the UE shocks are longer than the bypass's.

anyone know if it would work?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:05 PM
racemaxx24

I know bypasses are quite long but i'm not sure of the lenght of UE's shocks.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

I know bypasses are quite long but i'm not sure of the lenght of UE's shocks.
i mean would it be bad if one set was longer than the other. i mean the Ue's would just be partially compressed all the time right? is there some extension thing i could use on the bypass's.

actually. maybe i could just mount the UE's lower than the bypass's. but does anyone know of an extension thing to use for the bypass shocks???

thanks
Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 PM
cmerritt

also does anyone know of a roll bar that fits the FLM chassis for the maxx?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:45 PM
bob5429

don't know about a roll bar but I use the RC Raven Cage, its light, strong and $30 You may want to look at new era because I know there are some seemingly random extra holes on the chassis. The rcraven cage mounts in between the bulks where the bulkhead brace goes.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:12 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: bob5429

don't know about a roll bar but I use the RC Raven Cage, its light, strong and $30 You may want to look at new era because I know there are some seemingly random extra holes on the chassis. The rcraven cage mounts in between the bulks where the bulkhead brace goes.
ya i have a raven cage. i just wanted something a little smaller and easier to work around.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM
bob5429

I wish they still made the SUV style cage just for some added protection, but I agree that the rcraven cage is a little annoying to work around
Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM
p3t3v3x53

does a crowd pleaser body from a revo fit a t-maxx?
Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 PM
racemaxx24

2.5 revo version yes. Not the 3.3 version...
Old 07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: HILLFINGER

RCCanuck never mind on what tires you are running are you having issues with the beads pulling out ?
sorry for the late reply dude but I am running 40 series mulchers on the axial rims(now glued). I had to glue them to keep my sanilty LOL.....every time I ran them I was having to undo half the screws on at least 1 rim just tyo stuff the bead back in.

Update on my quest for a bulletproof Tmaxx:
Finally went through all my plastic spare steering parts and I bought a GH racing Alloy steering bellcrank with bearings included. Mounted it up with only one issue I had to dremel the ackerman bar a bit to get a smooth action out of it. The ackerman bar was hitting the head of the suspension pin. But after 3 tanks of testing it seems to work well. I installled a new hitec 645 and alloy servo arm as well.
Oh and I am now running HPI's Dirt Claw tires on HPI rims.....Really like them for an all arround tire...I'm a basher st heart and they tackle it all from grass to gravel very well.

Also what shut me down tonight was my front diff stopped working. I pulled it apart and found the ring gear had twisted and melted away from the diff cupp....I will take a pic later of the twisted screws and exploded diff bearing...Which was the culprit....bearing seized on one side and the ring gear actually sheared off 2 of the screws and bent the other 2 90 degrees
Old 07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
cirec

What scale is the new T Maxx 3.3?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:52 PM
novakmaxx

1/8. what are better ti skids GA or hardcore? the 3mm ones.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Jackedman
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: HILLFINGER

RCCanuck never mind on what tires you are running are you having issues with the beads pulling out ?
sorry for the late reply dude but I am running 40 series mulchers on the axial rims(now glued). I had to glue them to keep my sanilty LOL.....every time I ran them I was having to undo half the screws on at least 1 rim just tyo stuff the bead back in.

Update on my quest for a bulletproof Tmaxx:
Finally went through all my plastic spare steering parts and I bought a GH racing Alloy steering bellcrank with bearings included. Mounted it up with only one issue I had to dremel the ackerman bar a bit to get a smooth action out of it. The ackerman bar was hitting the head of the suspension pin. But after 3 tanks of testing it seems to work well. I installled a new hitec 634 and alloy servo arm as well.
Oh and I am now running HPI's Dirt Claw tires on HPI rims.....Really like them for an all arround tire...I'm a basher st heart and they tackle it all from grass to gravel very well.

Also what shut me down tonight was my front diff stopped working. I pulled it apart and found the ring gear had twisted and melted away from the diff cupp....I will take a pic later of the twisted screws and exploded diff bearing...Which was the culprit....bearing seized on one side and the ring gear actually sheared off 2 of the screws and bent the other 2 90 degrees
RCCanuck thats nuts what happen to your diff what where you doing ? I have to get my trucks back out and play in some mud or something
Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 AM
RCCanuck

here is a few pics of some of the bits from the diff failure...missing is the inner cup which I threw away before taking pics...it was totally destroyed and full of melted plastic and grease goo.
On a more positive note I am super impressed with the GH racing steering kit....Smooth and tight. This Maxx has never been able to turn this tight before I am going to shoot a short video of its turn radius tonight cause I still can't believe how tight it can turn.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91838.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1000677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74133.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1000678  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 AM
beer=food
Banned

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

1/8.

Looks like 1/10th to me !

My zircon which is 1/8th is huge against a T=maxx !
And the driveline is definately 1/10 in engeneering on a revo or maxx ! LOL !
Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 AM
novakmaxx

the new one is bigger.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Jackedman

here is a few pics of some of the bits from the diff failure...missing is the inner cup which I threw away before taking pics...it was totally destroyed and full of melted plastic and grease goo.
On a more positive note I am super impressed with the GH racing steering kit....Smooth and tight. This Maxx has never been able to turn this tight before I am going to shoot a short video of its turn radius tonight cause I still can't believe how tight it can turn.
bro thats nuts man what size engine are you running in that think????
Old 07-30-2008, 05:46 PM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: Jackedman

bro thats nuts man what size engine are you running in that think????
Picco .26 max...the blue head on 20% fuel
Old 07-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Jackedman

Nice I have an ofna hyper .21
Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
markind

Default RE: official Everything Tmaxx thread

Hi all I'm new to the group and new to RC Nitro Monster Trucks, and I just got home with a good deal on a T-Maxx 3.3. Its RTR.

Its a bit dirty and scratched up, but everything is straight. I cleaned it up and did everything to test and check it out except actually start the engine, which I will after I get fuel today.

Looks like a fun sturdy model. Can't wait to see and hear it (its got this after-market dual exhaust from RD Logics) go. It also came with on-board temp meter and Integy aluminum skid plates, which are really deeply scratched up but otherwise ok. Not bad for $270, assuming the engine is fine. I'll blog test results later...

Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Jackedman

Good luck
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
markind

Well it was a struggle, but we finally got our new T-Maxx running! The instructions are correct - you have to drive it around a bit before making further settings changes. It likes to idle a bit fast and pulls forward a bit unless brakes are applied, much like a real car. Trying to set the idle lower just got us a bunch of stalls.

This thing is ungodly LOUD!!! [:@] That dual exhaust pipe is a menace to society. I had to wear hearing protection while trying to tune the engine.

I had second thoughts about the electric start system, but it seems well designed so as not to over-stress that little on-board electric motor too much. The little bit of added weight is not an issue for this monster truck, and it is nice to be able to re-start very quickly and easily after a stall. I don't think I will have to replace that electric motor for quite some time.

We also tested the reverse function. Whoa... I never had a model with Reverse. Works great! It will be fun to be able to pull out of ruts and back away from trees, etc...

Next steps are to coninue tuning the engine, then test the Opti-drive shift function. That will need a lot of space - this thing is a screaming missile at WOT. Gads...
Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
barefooterjr

Hello, I have a Tmaxx which originally had a Pro .15 engine in it but i pulled it out and dropped in a 3.3. After many frustrating transmission problems, I installed the new 3.3, forward only transmission. It took some cutting and manipulating things, but i got it in there. Now on the old transmission i had stripped probably 3 spur gears. And after 3 or 4 tanks of gas with this new transmission i halfway stripped the new spur gear. I think the engine is moving.

What am i doing wrong?
Should i buy a steel spur gear?

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 PM
cmerritt

i wouldn't buy a steel spur gear because the spur gear is designed to be the weak point in the driveline. it's a cheap replacement part. i would check to see if your engine mount is broken. if not then use some locktite on the screws holding the engine mount to the chassis.

also check to see if the transmission screws are loose or missing. i lost 6 of 8 of my tranny screws and it was shifting causing spur gears to strip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.