Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OFFICIAL REVO THREAD- EVERYTHING REVO

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
venom69_420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL REVO THREAD- EVERYTHING REVO

ITS NOT RUNNING TOO RICH I JUST HAVE IT ON THE RICH SIDE FOR SAFTEY, AND WHERE WOULD I HAVE AN AIR LEAK? ON THE TANK COVER OR SOMETHING?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
docphysics

Could be in the gas tank (I had a leak in the o-ring in the fuel tank of my revo), could be in the fuel lines, under the carb at the pinchbolt, at the engine back plate, or the worst place is the engine front bearing (that one is a pain). So try doing some leak testing, if you are sure your tuning is good.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: RCCCS

best way to solve problems with a revo is to never buy one unless you have deep pockets. they will suck you dry.

i would break the rules if iI told you what i think about that " " revos are some of the best built rtrs if not the best ...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCCCS

best way to solve problems with a revo is to never buy one unless you have deep pockets. they will suck you dry.
I hate to say it this way...but u, my unfortunate foe, dont know a dang thing about what u are talking about.....whatever u have will probably suck ur pockets dry as well...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:37 PM
dkastil

yah RC no matter what will kill your cash I have been back for a few months I have spent over 3 K RC is like a drug habit i thought i kicked it and now it is back , i just finished my 3rd truck xxxnt xxxnt and revo platinum all modded to the hilt now I am worried that I dont have the willpower and will build a truggy verry soon and blow some more cash I need a rc intervention .
Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dkastil; Im not sure a R/C "intervention" will help ya out any at the point ur at because once the bug has hit u(the r/c bug that is) its hard bug to get rid of; just like countless other people will tell ya(believe me when I say been there done that lol) [8D]
Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 PM
blackdogafd

hey guys i gotta a question for ya!! im trying to boost the performance on my revo..now i have done a lot of things to it...
for starters i have installed the following..

P-3 rockers
pro-line 40 series rims and tires
center diff kit
rear brake
THS exhaust system
traxxas wing mount and wing
and a bunch others....

my question is I am trying to get this thing to go faster...the truck is an originally a 3.3 revo..i pulled that motor out and installed a Picco .26 maxx in it which i have now recently sold because i just didnt like the motor anymore..and i have now since put another 3.3 back in its place...I am running the stock spur/clutch bell gears still the 38T/15T setup..now i have noticed that since i have put the center diff in that the truck is not as fast as it used to be....what can i do to change this so i can have my low end torque and high end speed back to the way it was? should i change the clutch bell to a 17T and keep the stock 38T spur? or do i also change the spur as well...the trans is still the stock wide ratio...

any help would be great i just want this truck to get back to where it was so ill be happy again lol... i have had this truck for almost 3 years now and its my "all time favorite" and i have put alot of time, money and sweat into this truck and i want to get it back to where it was running the way it used to!!! thanks again

andy
Old 09-24-2008, 12:03 AM
eminentguitar

Hey I just bought a revo 3.3 YAY lol I love this thing I was just wondering if the trinity pipe is better then the traxxas tuned pipe? Or is there something els that is better yet? Im looking for more low to mid end torque. Thanks

Heres a couple vids of the new revo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x0YPiGMqZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywr0u9DRVaA
Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 AM
dkastil

black why did you not like 2.7 hp in the picco and go with .93 you had to go 34 or 36 spur and 17 threw 20 clutch bell to take advantage of the power
Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
blackdogafd

well i think the biggest reason why i didnt like the picco was the fact that when it came to tuning the motor it was so stinkin pickin that even the slightest turn on the needle made the motor to hot or to rich and i could never find that sweet spot so i just gave up on it..but i went to my hobby shop yesterday and picked up a new 17t bell for my 3.3 thats in the revo now..so im gonna try and get it out tomorrow and see what happens....

ORIGINAL: dkastil

black why did you not like 2.7 hp in the picco and go with .93 you had to go 34 or 36 spur and 17 threw 20 clutch bell to take advantage of the power
Old 09-29-2008, 12:20 AM
TMaxxDriver

Black i just saw your video on youtube.. it didnt look like anything was wrong with it!! wheelie on command!! what more do ya want?! i personally dont think the 3.3 has the power that the Picco does...

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gL6cigcQRM&feature=related]Blacks vid on youtube[/link]
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 AM
dkastil

smaller turns at a time it is not that hard to tune, my red dot is not fussy at all but no matter when i run i have a tuneing screwdriver on hand but that is the same with any engine .
Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 AM
blackdogafd

yea the one first vid that i have up there of the revo is when the motor only had like 12 tanks ran through it....and after that things just seemed to go down hill..i have been thinkin bout going to the reddot..cause the one i had in before was the blue head picco maxx motor...i loved the motor when it ran great..the 3.3 is just temporary for now till i can find a nice motor that will do the job..and having the center diff in the revo made a huge difference..no more wheelies on demand [] which is ok..and dkastil.. i too always have my tuning screwdriver on hand as well lol...i think the big problem with my old picco was it might have had an air somewhere that i never could find lol....how is the red-dot picco..i just saw that motor in this months r/c driver mag..

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

Black i just saw your video on youtube.. it didnt look like anything was wrong with it!! wheelie on command!! what more do ya want?! i personally dont think the 3.3 has the power that the Picco does...

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gL6cigcQRM&feature=related]Blacks vid on youtube[/link]
Old 09-29-2008, 03:09 AM
TMaxxDriver

yeah i figured that you didnt like the .26 Maxx... the picco .26 maxx JL Red Dot is better... thats the one that i cant wait to get my hands on!!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:12 AM
TMaxxDriver

yeah i figured that you didnt like the .26 Maxx... the picco .26 maxx JL Red Dot is better... thats the one that i cant wait to get my hands on!!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:44 AM
beefybigballs

when i start my revo 3.3 it wants to idle ahead when i come to a stop it quits somthin wrong with my clutch?? the tires spin as soon as i start it when the throtle is at neutral...
when im goin fast and let off the throttle it revs high duno guys can ya help me??????
Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
eminentguitar

Do you guys know if the os 18 tz works with the ez start?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Clymer122693

If you buy the following it will.

18tm/21tm backplate
18tm/21tm starter shaft
18tm crank
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 PM
eminentguitar

outch thats going to add up I think ill just get the picco
Old 10-16-2008, 03:13 PM
JLRevo

ORIGINAL: blackdogafd

well i think the biggest reason why i didnt like the picco was the fact that when it came to tuning the motor it was so stinkin pickin that even the slightest turn on the needle made the motor to hot or to rich and i could never find that sweet spot so i just gave up on it..but i went to my hobby shop yesterday and picked up a new 17t bell for my 3.3 thats in the revo now..so im gonna try and get it out tomorrow and see what happens....

ORIGINAL: dkastil

THat is key to the Picco. First and foremost that motor has-to, I repeat,has to bee fully warm before you start to tune. Break it in ,then lean it a little. The PIcco has a super tight pinch like most race motors. So its going to generate head(thats where tuning comes in.) What I've notice since I have over a gllon and a halfin my PIcco is week to week you only have to adjust 1/16 or maybe 1/12 turn. Sometimes you dont have to adjust anything at all. You dont always have to touch the needles everytime you turn it on.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 PM
eminentguitar

How does the 21 tm perform? How hard is the picco on power train parts? Can I still run the plastic axles? The main type of power that AI want out of my revo os torque I want to have a wheelie monster when I demand it lol. Im not to worried about top speed because the places that I bash are small with loads of jumps.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
dkastil

if you are run the forward only trannie it can take the power of the picco ,I have a steel rrp tranie kit that i am going to instal when the plastic blows up so far the plastic trannie is ok ,and the plastic drive shafts are fine also . my other revo has ti driveshafts the power transfer is better but it is not a major change . all you have to do is get a 34 or 36 spur i run a steel one and i run from a 18 to a 20 rrp clutch bell a good setup that will mesh just like stock is 36 spur 19 clutch bell you also want to get some aluminum clutch pads mip will work but with aluminum you will have alot more life .
Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 PM
eminentguitar

sweet. Have you ever seen anyone run the proline moabs on the revo? There alot taller then the stock tires but I want to make the revo more like a monster truck and I really like those tires but are they to big???
Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 AM
JLRevo

I have the picco with foc, stock axles and tranny except for RR spur/clutch. Yout slipper is the key to saving parts. Over time everything wears...
Old 10-17-2008, 08:02 PM
eminentguitar

i took out the revo again today and I dont know what it is but it seems like the 3.3 is the hardest engine to get tuned right. All my other engines are way more user friendly...... I tuned it so it had half decent performance and and LOTS of smoke and it was still running really hot. When I tuned it to stay at about 260 it would barely go and sometimes not even fast enough to shift to second gear. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.