Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OFFICIAL REVO THREAD- EVERYTHING REVO

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
INTENSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL REVO THREAD- EVERYTHING REVO

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my beast with you and give you all a bit of eye candy

Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 AM
ChaosEngine

man, that thing is filthy.. you completely missed the dust by the rx box, and you left a little residue in the stingers.

i demand you reclean it, then repost your pix!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

nice revo ^^^^ BUT EWWWWW INTERDY!!!!

hey guys, I'm a brushless dude and always will be, but for now I'm gonna run a nitro for a while until i get my other revo conversion fired up...

so I'm gonna run the following...
revo 2.5
center diff
rear brake (yes i already had a modded chassis so yes it fits)
stock steering servo
platinum brake/throttle servo
trx 3.3 w/ EZ start (makes things a lot easier if you flame out) and a Davis diesel con-rod
oh and a trx resonator pipe (best i have on hand)

oh and i race BTW

prog 2 rockers and Ive got the suspension set up real nice

diff oils are 100k front, 500k center, 5k rear
I'm told you want the rear VERY lose so i did and the front pretty stiff (stiffer than the center diff by rights but i wanna try it like it is) and i don't have 50k so I'm gonna give 100k a razz.

50wt shock oil.

any tips and tricks? (Ive got my hop-up list already worked out so that's OK RPM axle carriers etc)

gonna try this fuel from massive mods, called the HB444 blend, many people at my club run it and i like it's features as it isn't too powerful (kinda the wrong word) but has really good lubrication blends in it (an oil that works when it's cold, oil for when it's normal and one more that works when it overheats so you don't kill a BB)

so uhh..yeah...any tips?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:15 AM
INTENSE

Thanks guys, I have to be honest with you. I didn't build this truck, I bought it for a price that was too good to pass up.

The truck I beat on is a Mini MGT and I am a noob when it comes to the RC world "verbage" and such. I mostly got involved in the RC world because my son spends a ton of time doing it with his step Dad. I was always driving him to the hobbie shop getting parts for his trucks when I thought to myself...self? This looks like a ton of FUN! And I have to admit, running these trucks hard and jumping them high provides a bit of stress relief and a ton of fun!

Anyway, This Revo was built as a show car by someone that had too much money. The truck has been hanging from a ceiling in a hobbie shop for about a year.
The owner decided to sell the thing and the price was right for me to not be able to pass it up. When I bought it, nothing on it was tight, the shocks were leaking and the thing ran but wouldn't move let alone drive. After I cleaned it up and tightened everything, I took it back down to the hobbie shop and had told them I wanted it in perfect running order. Needless to say, the owner says to me "you want to drive this truck?" I said absolutely! ....well I at least want the option too drive it! Anyway, its has had 4 tanks of fuel run through it. 2 at idle and 2 at part throttle in my driveway. The thing is simply amazing to look at and thats where the fun has been for me. It sits in my office being admired over the last week or so.

I originally bought it to resell it but after having it around I'm not sure that I can bring myself to part with it.

You mentioned your dislike with Integy parts? To be honest with you, I know nothing about Integy other than the parts seem to look great. Why do you dislike them? Anyway, I'm sure that I'll have some questions and from what I've read on these forums the short time I've been a member. There seems to be allot of knowledge here.

Thanks guys
Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM
eminentguitar

INTENSE
That revo looks sweet man but it must weigh a ton. I love the look of alloy but the problem with alloy parts is they bend and instead of the weaker parts breaking it transfers the impack to the next weak part. As long as your not going to launch it off of a huge ramp and land on the nose you should be ok. And as far as integy goes I have never used anything besides the engine mount so I have no opinion on there parts. Some people say that they are made from a poor grade alloy but what the hell man if you like it run it. Thats how this hobby should be. There are to many people that will fight with you trying to force you to take the parts off because there "no good" I have run aluminum before just because I liked it and had tons of people putting my rc down and telling me I should throw the parts in the trash. But I liked them so I ran them till they bent.

Hey I was just wondering if you would mine measuring how tall your tires are and what type they are? I wand new ones for my revo and like the way they look.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
shaunmichaeljohnson

ORIGINAL: INTENSE
You mentioned your dislike with Integy parts? To be honest with you, I know nothing about Integy other than the parts seem to look great. Why do you dislike them? Anyway, I'm sure that I'll have some questions and from what I've read on these forums the short time I've been a member. There seems to be allot of knowledge here.

Thanks guys

yeah intergy is one of the worst aluminium aftermarket supplyers out there.
90% of the time...the stock part is stronger, intergy looks great so it's good for shelf-queens but usuless in a bashing truck.

they cast their aluminium and dont machine it like FLM do, this leaves little bubbles in the aluminium during the moulding process and severly weakens the product. so instead if just bending the aluminium...it just snaps like a carrot!!![:@][:@]
Old 02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
venom69_420

lol get it right its INTEGAY haha
Old 02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
TRXrevoMan

Anyone got any videos of their trucks?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
6speednissan

Your truck looks great INTENSE. I don't know why people even post when its to say other people's parts suck. I never buy aluminum because of the weight for racing, but my brother had an all aluminum Mini T that never had any issues. It was a 50+ mph brushless one that we bashed on too. If you do manage to bend or break any parts just replace them with the cheap stock parts. Its a learning process, and over time you will know what parts break easy and what parts never break. As long as you don't go full speed into a wall you'll be fine. No parts will survive a wreck like that.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Straick

Crazy question for you all. Have any of you had any trouble with the one way bearing that is used in the transmission? Mine won't lock up anymore, so I can't drive. I will be replacing it next weekend(why can't they just sell the part you need instead of several parts in one bag). I just want to know if there are any ways I can clean it just to get it moving again. I know of some tricks for cleaning the ones in the starter, but am nervous to use them in the transmission, and even in the starter, when it goes bad I tend to replace it when it gives me issues. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:06 PM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: TRXrevoMan

I think I posted these here before but what the heck here they are again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_N7vK5IHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywr0u9DRVaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFGiJYrFzs
Old 02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Straick

I wish I had a video of my Revo back when I was jumping it all the time. Used to get 20 foot plus jumps all the time, and land them, from a jump that was maybe 6 feet high. And I managed to land almost all them. Only thing to show for it now though is a chassis that failed from fatigue of the landings(front and rear can now be folded up and down by half).
Old 02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
INTENSE

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

INTENSE
That revo looks sweet man but it must weigh a ton. I love the look of alloy but the problem with alloy parts is they bend and instead of the weaker parts breaking it transfers the impack to the next weak part. As long as your not going to launch it off of a huge ramp and land on the nose you should be ok. And as far as integy goes I have never used anything besides the engine mount so I have no opinion on there parts. Some people say that they are made from a poor grade alloy but what the hell man if you like it run it. Thats how this hobby should be. There are to many people that will fight with you trying to force you to take the parts off because there "no good" I have run aluminum before just because I liked it and had tons of people putting my rc down and telling me I should throw the parts in the trash. But I liked them so I ran them till they bent.

Hey I was just wondering if you would mine measuring how tall your tires are and what type they are? I wand new ones for my revo and like the way they look.
The tires are:

Pro Line - Dirt Hawg 40 series
6.58 X 3.75

My tape says their 6 1/4 inches tall and 4 inches wide
Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 PM
absolutemayhem

pic of my new 18tz (tm crank). just broke it in. awsome power...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75516.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1129841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb44745.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	1129842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv89388.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1129843  
Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Straick

What's the difference between the TM and the TZ cranks?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
absolutemayhem

tm crank makes it a "drop in" motor. stock tz crank is to long
Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 AM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: INTENSE

INTENSE

The tires are:

Pro Line - Dirt Hawg 40 series
6.58 X 3.75

My tape says their 6 1/4 inches tall and 4 inches wide
Thanks man. I had the proline dirt hawg 2.2's and they were almost the same besides the tread didnt have that hallowed out part in the middle.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
revoracing

i have a revo and race it and recently put in the RB tm523 and that was a mistake i can not get it to turn left with out bogging. any suggestions ive tried everything. what other high end motors would you suggest for racing? PM me if you have any ideas thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

i gotta say iam behind on liking this truck and wanting one to
Old 03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
urjustamemory

I just got a Wasp .28 for my big block project Revo, I was wondering what should I get for the exhaust? Still have probably close to a month and a half of winter left so I would like to get it finished and get it running by summer. Also will the factory air filter assembly fit on the Wasp .28? I don't have the assembly so I was just wondering? If it doesn't what can I buy that would fit the .28.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

how much of a difference is there in the revo 3.3 and the race revo. i do know you need a starter box for the race revo and it comes with the water proof servos to, but what else makes the racer worth that much more.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
crawlernate

its the platinum and first of all i must say the chassis is way cooler even though it doesn't matter but it has no reverse and the lightened electonics box and throttle servo holder, extended wheelbase rear suspension arms, red tubes everywhere, exclusive red tube sway bar kit, race wheels tires and body, and a bunch of other stuff but my favorite is the titanium chassis im loving every second of mine it makes your truck unique. but all in all the platinum isn't worth the money, you can get a regular revo and make it just as race ready for alot cheaper
Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
urjustamemory

ORIGINAL: urjustamemory

I just got a Wasp .28 for my big block project Revo, I was wondering what should I get for the exhaust? Still have probably close to a month and a half of winter left so I would like to get it finished and get it running by summer. Also will the factory air filter assembly fit on the Wasp .28? I don't have the assembly so I was just wondering? If it doesn't what can I buy that would fit the .28.

Thanks

ANYONE???
Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
sunco1

ORIGINAL: TRXrevoMan

I think I posted these here before but what the heck here they are again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_N7vK5IHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywr0u9DRVaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFGiJYrFzs

foul language [:'(]
Old 03-07-2009, 12:41 AM
crawlernate

Thanks

ANYONE???
Side exhaust or trinity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.