Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

i was bored on sunday, so i built a ramp...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 AM
fox23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i was bored on sunday, so i built a ramp...

hit the ramp again tonight, broke another rear shock first launch. fixed it, then broke another right before my tank ran out of gas. not too bad i guess. i think im going to look into buying stiffer springs.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 AM
kuppler

lol.. now when u 1st started this post.. what did i call ur RAMP ??? A F-5 Tornado ???? lol yea i think so.... its just ripping ur truck apart. peace by peace.. hehehe but all that matters is ur haveing fun. i wana make a Ramp .. nothing that big but something to start out with... can wait for u to get it up and riunning again and we can see some Good vids.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
fox23

hah well i had 3 of my friends over tonight aswell, and we were all rippin our trucks around (revo's and tmaxx's) and nobody else would hit the ramp, just me. i dont know why they're scared of it...
Old 11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
kuppler

lol.. there SCARED to hit that monster.. i would hit it if i lived in ur town... lol...
Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 AM
HILLFINGER

ORIGINAL: KingNizzle

ORIGINAL: HILLFINGER

Anybody know the name of the song in the video that keepontruckin posted above ?
It's by Corrosion of Conformity. Can't think of the name of the song, though.

Thanks KingNizzle I found it. The name of the song is Clean My Wounds lol
Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 AM
fox23

well i think i fixed my revo for good. i installed TRX red push tubes, GTR shocks with long travel stiffer springs, and P1 rockers. then i hit the ramp hard for a full tank of gas without busting anything, its awesome, those stiffer springs made the difference. revo wheelies almost all the time now too.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:45 PM
fox23

well i drove the truck for almost 2 tanks of fuel today before i broke one of my new TRX red alum push tubes[:@] makes me mad, but something always has to break or this hobby would be kinda boring.. anyway, i managed to get some decent pics before it broke...

Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM
kuppler

SWEET Pics..... good job.. keep up the good Work...
Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 AM
NITROHOLICS ANONYMOUS

V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O-V-I-D-E-O.

Nice pics though
Old 11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
snoking16

dang i like the pics alot. i think i might try that suspension set up. how does it handle? im guessing its got some pretty high ground clearence and can handle the landings pretty well.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
madmax22

Hey lol your not bashing if your not breaking lol lets see some vids once its fixed!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 PM
carbajal

hey i'm just like you.I broke both of my rear shock shaft's after a 10 foot land.but I really don't see how,because I ramp it alot higher than that.and I landed on all 4.So I went ahead and bought the tin shocks,put blue in the back with 50 wt.trinity,and silver in the front with50 wt.,I have heard that you need to let your truck bottom out so you would'nt have this problem,but that do not sound right!because it would break your drivetrain.that's what shocks are for,even with my set up,I think i'm going to get heavier duty shocks but keep the same shock oil.let me know what you think.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 PM
fox23

i got more pics and vids today but to answer your questions... i find that it doesnt handle as well as it did with the stock springs, just because these ones in it now are stiffer, causing it to roll easier on turns, but combined with the P1 rockers and the TRX push tubes i think it balances it out nicely. overall i would definately have done this upgrade a long time ago if i would have known how much better it was going to be... from what ive read, the Traxxas GTR shocks are supposed to be the best aftermarket shock out there for the revo. so i put those on, with the springs that came in the long travel kit you got with your revo when you first bought it. i put 35wt oil in the shocks, but i think i might play around with that a bit because the truck seems to bounce back up sometimes when i land off the ramp. but ya, im pretty sure a truck is NOT supposed to bottom out off anything, so stiffer springs help that. im sure it still bottoms out, but not nearly as hard.

as for today, i hit the ramp for more then 2 tanks of fuel with nothing breaking, i also have a little dirt jump in my backyard from a while ago that i was hitting, no pics or vids of that tho. ill just post the vids because you guys have already seen some pics. i had to split the video in half in order to keep the high quality....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-P4IYpkpcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVrgiDUXKpE
Old 11-17-2007, 07:45 PM
madmax22

i wish my yard was dirt.... them mamma said no b/c we would have people here everyday making tracks/jumps and it would be a mess ohh well i want to make a jump like yours!!!!for like the 9843257298475 time
Old 11-17-2007, 07:46 PM
fox23

forgot to add.. heres some pics of the new body, rims, and tires i got. its a Proline 2008 Silverado body painted Black Metallic, Axial 40 series Black Chrome 17mm rims, with Proline 40 series Mulcher tires. monday at work im going to buy a Monster Energy Decal sheet and sticker it up..

what do you think?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:47 PM
snoking16

looks good...nice to see the new shock set up is working way better.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
madmax22

I like it but theres no dirt!!!!! lol jk looks nice! i was thinking the same tire/rim set up.....
Old 11-17-2007, 10:29 PM
kuppler

Well 1st off the new vids are alot better then ur cell phone vids......i so wish i had a yard like yours.... i live in apartments =( it kinda sucks... but i run my truck at work. on my lunch break. hehe.... Screw lunch... need to BASH!!!!!! oo and the new body, tires & rims are killer.. i like them alot. well keep bashing and try not to brake to much.... but get that B$#CH DIRTY!!!!!!!lol... have a good and safe weekend...
L8s

Old 12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
futureboy1969

Dude, your going to send your truck to the moon. It's sweeeeet.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 AM
fox23

hah well im not sure if ill be driving it much now, we have almost a foot of snow and my stock revo doesnt go anywhere, and i dont want to run my modded revo in all the snow.. cuz its my baby. so we'll see, i dont think ill be running them much this winter, its too cold, its been an average of -4* F. too cold for me to be standing outside. i think my next purchase is going to be a 1/18th scale Team Associated RC18T to rip around my house/garage with during the winter. plus ive heard they are INSANE with a brushless system, so im guna have to try that out. maybe ill hit the ramp in the spring with it... haha