Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

having trouble fitting my servos ... and they told me it was so simple

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

having trouble fitting my servos ... and they told me it was so simple

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble fitting my servos ... and they told me it was so simple

i'm have trouble fitting my revo with hitec 645 servos ... the servo won't grab on to the steering arm and i'm not sure weather they should or if i have stripped the teeth from the steering arm connection ... when i got them i was under the impression that they bolt straight in and in terms of fit they do just that but do i need a stronger connection on the steering arm to grab on to the servo ... please help me i want to get these in for the weekend i got RPM arms installed this week and i was all excited about my upgrades wanting to pull off some huge air
Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
ttoks

Default RE: having trouble fitting my servos ... and they told me it was so simple

the problem is that the traxxas servo horns are 23 spline, while hi tec uses 24 spline if i remember correctly, so yes i think you have indeed stripped the servo horn, the servo should have come with an array of horns you can use though.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
hpi mt 2 rulez

Default RE: having trouble fitting my servos ... and they told me it was so simple

yeah you stripped the servo horn... i think the servo comes with them...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:22 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ok the traxxas servo horn has a balljoint to attach the steering arm ... i got 5 servo horns with the 645s' but how do i attach the steering arm none of them look anything like the traxxas one ...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Reb2973

I used that servo for the single steering set up..Heres a picture of what I had to do...Never had a problem with it.Holds up fine.Just used a longer bolt to run through the ball joint and put a locknut on the end.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20086.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	795293  
Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

can i get a traxxas style horn that will fit on the hitec servo ?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:13 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

hate to answer my own question but it might help someone else ... here is a link for traxxas style servo horns that will fit Airtronics , Hitec ect. servos ... i was pretty bumed out to find out the revo horn didn't fit on to the hitec spline

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXHGB3&P=K
Old 11-03-2007, 02:47 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

or if you live in australia like me go here

http://www.ultimatetoys.com.au/traxx...45x-p-892.html
Old 11-03-2007, 03:27 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

another australian site cheaper then the last one

http://mrcmodelcarparts.com.au/front...uctID=TRA5345X
Old 11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
HighClassBasher

ORIGINAL: Daveorevo

hate to answer my own question but it might help someone else ... here is a link for traxxas style servo horns that will fit Airtronics , Hitec ect. servos ... i was pretty bumed out to find out the revo horn didn't fit on to the hitec spline

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXHGB3&P=K

DONT get those, they do NOT hold up, they are made from soft plastic and WILL strip. I stripped at least 4 of them in less than a month, before i installed one of the servo arms that came with the Hitec servos and have never had a problem since.[8D]
Old 11-04-2007, 11:20 AM
fox23

i bought that package of traxxas horns for the other brands of servo's and mine are fine, havent stripped one yet.