Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

whats stronger?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
tmaxx_man87

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default whats stronger?

alluminum or rpm? whats the binifits of both? i break alot of parts like bulkheads,arms,skids... and i want to get something that will hold up better to my bashing...
Old 11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
irobot456

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: whats stronger?

well rpm a rms have life time replacement so if u break one u can get another one free
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM
megamaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

also depends on the company that made the aluminum pieces,integy in crap,your stock pieces will hold up better than their stuff,fast lane machine and hardcore make some of the best aluminum pieces out their,problem is aluminum has no flex to it,its bends,or snaps,if you plan on running if rough terrain,hitting some nice jumps/stumps i would go with the RPM stuff,i run their a-arms on 3 of my trucks and never have broken one,IMHO they are some of the best parts out their for what we do to these trucks
Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
JATO TO THE MAXX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

And since aluminum does't flex you might break other plastic parts on your truck. That's what happened to mine. Ive been running my stock parts on one of my trucks and I never broke anything. I bought some aluminum A-arms and the first time a ran them I broke the chassis were the hinge pins go in. RPM are best.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 PM
HighClassBasher

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

RPM by a HUGE LONG SHOT!! Aluminum parts are usually a downgrade, they do not absorb shock. Rpm parts will make for a much more durable rc
Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
megamaxx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

AGREED^thats the reason you all will NEVER see aluminum a-arms on any thing i run,i do have one maxx,was "supposed" to be a shelf queen,with alum. bulks and towers(RD LOGICS)that have held up really well,the down side to alum shock towers is,once again no flex so something else has got to give,and in my case it was the over priced integy alum.shocks[&:]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 PM
So Cal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Aluminum parts will just brake what they are bolted to. (if they are quality parts) But RPM flex and dont break, and they wont hold enought pressure to break what they are bolted to. So RPM are way better.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 PM
89ram

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

for the most part, aluminum sucks! stock or rpm parts are better. just my opinion.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM
snoking16

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i will give you 1 million dollars if you can find a true racer truck, buggy or anything with aluminum a arms on it. its funny...aluminum is heavier...it breaks other parts, breaks or bends itself, and they charge way more then plastic parts. the only reason they make money is because the companies...(all of them) prey on new comers to rc. stay away from aluminum.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
tmaxx_man87

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks everyone, i just get so mad because everytime i drive my truck i break something, ive had 2 maxx trucks and they were both 2.5, and my first one i didnt break one part the whole time i had it and this one i cant keep it together... i guess im getting brave with jumps i keep going higher and bigger....[>:]
Old 11-08-2007, 09:12 PM
snoking16

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

its all about the landing...if you cant land a truck then u will break it...usually. get good at the small stuff and controlling ur truck in the air...then go bigger and bigger untill it doesnt really matter...ur definatly going to break something of that ramp. RMP makes alot of stuff for the tmaxx. i would slowly upgrade everything u can to RPM. or if you have the money...do it all at once then dont worry about breaking stuff.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 AM
RC 01 KID

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah i was considering buying aluminum parts when i first got my T-maxx cause i thought it looked cool. But after a listening to people say how good that rpm is i also think im going to slowly try upgrading as much as possible. I think the aluminum is more for the show people not the GO GO GO BASH people right. Idk i could be wrong tho but seems to me its RPM all the way!!!!