Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

radioshack

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
rustlerduster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radioshack

i know this is a traxxas thread, but have u heard of the radioshack hummers with the mattracks well i was looking at one and is there anyway to make it faster because it is slow and how could i modify it, like engine,esc, etc.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 PM
89ram

Default RE: radioshack

possibly a better electric motor/s? then probably different batteries or a pack, as i don't know what they currently use. if you got those issues taken care of, then i'm sure you would need a better esc. the best way to make the mattracks faster would be to put them on a tmaxx like on the thread w/ vids i saw here last night!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 PM
HighClassBasher

ORIGINAL: rustlerduster

i know this is a traxxas thread, but have u heard of the radioshack hummers with the mattracks well i was looking at one and is there anyway to make it faster because it is slow and how could i modify it, like engine,esc, etc.
If you know this is a traxxas then why are you posting about Radiashack JUNK?? Radiohack and similar brands are a complete insult to r/c vehicles[:'(][:'(][:'(][]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
megamaxx

brutal[sm=punching.gif]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 PM
snoking16

come on guys...tyco RC is the best of the best...LOL
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 PM
cen123

tyco RC is the best of the best
UM.....NO
Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
snoking16

but my twister can do 100MPH and jump football fields and never break...hahaha
Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 PM
megamaxx

NEWBRIGHT RULZ!!!!!LMAO
Old 11-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 89ram

possibly a better electric motor/s? then probably different batteries or a pack, as i don't know what they currently use. if you got those issues taken care of, then i'm sure you would need a better esc. the best way to make the mattracks faster would be to put them on a tmaxx like on the thread w/ vids i saw here last night!
Would you happen to have a link to this thread?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:46 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know why the hell you guys would say that..... I suppose you guys have been playing with nitros since the age of 3 and that NOBODY has ever owned a Tyco/Nikko/Radioshack R/C toy here
Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
HighClassBasher

Yeah i owned a Nikko when i was probably 7-10 years old, and i was VERY disappointed with everything about it... It was nothing like the rediculously exaggerated TV commercial that showed it climbing mountians and jumping off cliffs... the thing wouldnt even move in the grass, or go up a slight grade[:@] What a joke... this thing really turned me off to rc for quite some before i discoverd real rc vehicles when i was 15yrs old back it 1996.
Like i said, these cheap kids toys are a sorry excuse for an r/c and i dont recommend that anyone starts this hobby with junk like this[]
Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
twomanytoys

Everyone needs to start somewhere and alot of kids cant afford the high priced rc's that we can. Give the kid a break. Geez!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 PM
kuppler

im with u twomanytoys we all had to start someplace..
Old 11-09-2007, 01:28 AM
tmaxx_man87

i had all kinds of "junk" rc from wal mart and radio shack but i never even seen a real hobby rc untill i was 16 and baught my first tmaxx off ebay.... and still, the only time i see a diffrent rc than mine is at the hobby shop... people around here are not into rc at all... everyone laughs at me untill they see my t running up the road... then there all my friends.. let me drive it.. cool comon let me do it, .... i hate it..
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

I dont know why the hell you guys would say that..... I suppose you guys have been playing with nitros since the age of 3 and that NOBODY has ever owned a Tyco/Nikko/Radioshack R/C toy here

i have and to my surprise the tyco was my bst electric...maybe cuz it was 15 years old and not a toy. i think a project like this would be interesting, but the stock parts that comes with radioshack cars will never handle the speed
Old 11-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Linsner7

Tyco Turbo Hopper was so kick azz when they came out. Dont know what ever happened to it come to think of it

The only advice I can give you rustlerduster is to open it up and upgrade the electrics, and look and see how you could MOD things that you want to change. Because most everything that RS puts out is plastic. Meaning the gears and the so on. You might want to make sure it can handle a modification.
I would try to change the receiver, radio and esc for starters and take it from there.
Good luck.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
snellemin

My neighbor has one of the older yellow ones. He swapped all the electronics except for the motor and it hauls for a big thing. He runs 8.4 Volts through it and steering is proportional now. Is a nice basher for sure.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tyco Tantrum FTW!!!!!!!!! I still have mine in the attic, its about 8 years old now! And still runs lol[8D] You think I could sell it off as an antique? lol
Old 11-09-2007, 09:55 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: Linsner7

Tyco Turbo Hopper was so kick azz when they came out. Dont know what ever happened to it come to think of it

The only advice I can give you rustlerduster is to open it up and upgrade the electrics, and look and see how you could MOD things that you want to change. Because most everything that RS puts out is plastic. Meaning the gears and the so on. You might want to make sure it can handle a modification.
I would try to change the receiver, radio and esc for starters and take it from there.
Good luck.

yep...turbo hopper 9.6v...i busted a suspension arm on mine so unless i find a replacement then itll just sit like everything else[&o]
Old 11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Everyone needs to start somewhere and alot of kids cant afford the high priced rc's that we can. Give the kid a break. Geez!

i started with radioshack and walmart rc's when i was young and i had fun with them. this is an expensive hobby and expecially when your young its def hard to afford a real RC.

all i can say is that walmart has hobby grade RC's and you can upgrade the electronics if you want to go that way.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:43 AM
HighClassBasher

Man what has the world come to... lets all support walmart[:'(][:@] Do people these days even understand what quality is?? If you're old enough to be typing on the internet than you should be old enough to realize that these are low quality toys... I definetly wouldnt call them "hobby grade"[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 11-10-2007, 12:54 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

i actually realize that they are not of quality and are garbage and have not ever baught one, but i have gone to walmart and opend the box to the RC Cars they have there and seen that you can upgrade the electronics if you want to. wich with radioshack cars i havent seen that you can.

alot of us have money and can afford to buy anything we want but when you have no money why should a cheap 40 dollar walmart so called "hobby grade" rc stop you from having some fun. im 25 with 2 kids and a wife so im not a child.

buy what you think you will have fun with. i own an air hogs havok heli that cost me 24 dollars and yeah its cheap but its sure fun to let the cat and the baby chase it around.

link for the hummer: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Dakota_2878

right on i don't care who you are that's funny right there
Old 02-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Infamous

hey rustler duster.. i had a radioshack raminator .. the big red truck lol .. i took out all electrics and slapped a 8kg servo in there (which was the hardest thing to do with no mounting possibilitys lol) a no limit esc and a 15t motor on stock gearing.. i was impressed with its performance i must say .. rc isnt about the best car out there.. its about creativity and experimenting.. where do you think rcs started from?.. fail.. fail..fail..sucess
Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Clymer122693

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

NEWBRIGHT RULZ!!!!!LMAO
Word

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.