Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

15T SV2 Stampede Gearing

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Patrick_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15T SV2 Stampede Gearing

Hey all, my Titan 12T burned out on me... pebble got stuck between the A-arm and shaft. I'll be getting the 15T SV2 motor. I was curious about how I should gear it. The stock stampede has a 86T spur gear. Would I be able to follow the general 540 motor gearing rule and gear it 13/86, or will it have trouble meshing? If it won't mesh, would a 13/87 configuration work okay?

Any other gearing suggestions, do tell. I'll be riding in a mixture of grass and on the pavement. I don't want to burn up my motor, but I want good performance/torque. I'd like to do 13/86, but I'm not sure if the gears will mesh.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 PM
CrazyCooydog

Default RE: 15T SV2 Stampede Gearing

Patrick
I run a speed jem 15t dbl and my gearing is 18/87 BUT i mostly run on pavment and hardpack dirt without any heat problems ..but if you run in the grass it WILL need to be geared down.. I would try at least a 15 tooth pinion for longer motor life.

I will be changing my pinion soon, as the kids get in the grass quite a bit and it dose realy work hard then.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
ritualstate

Default RE: 15T SV2 Stampede Gearing

patrick

on traxxas web it shows a chart and to get the highest speed (if thats what you are looking for) the gearing is a 30/83...... i have ordered it but i have not installed it yet..a pede stock would be 40+ with this gearing it would be 65+......