Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
MIP Cvds
31.82%
THS Cvds
13.64%
RD Logics Cvds
4.55%
Traxxas Cvds
27.27%
Off Brand Cvds
0%
Other
22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Does anybody use these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Redrawker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody use these?

Before anybody says anything, I spend 20 minutes searching and didn't find any consistent info.

Cvds for the Revo, are they a waste? I have a BB in my Revo and my stock drive shafts aren't looking so good. They are getting little cracks around the edges. When they go to that big work bench in the sky, should I just replace them with more stockers? Please only vote if you HAVE used Cvds. Also pick which brand you used on the poll please.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 AM
ajb1205

Default RE: Does anybody use these?

I run the stockers...super durable and cheap to replace if need be ($15 for 4 brand new ones off ebay). Almost 3 gallons worth of bashing and only one split rubber on one.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
nothinbetr2do

i switched over to mip cvds, they fit and work great. i'm getting ready to put metal gears in the tranny, all in an attempt to beef up the hole drive line.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 PM
megamaxx

yep,i will be going all steel as well,sent my wasp.28 of to abmods for a stage2,its going in my little2.5 rev
Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
mrmike4given

I used the stock ones for a long time, but they started showing signs of wear, so I upgraded to the MIP shiny cvd's. I've got them in all wheels and at the tranny. A little pricey, but hey they aren't gonna break, may bend a little, but will still be useable. One tip for you if you do decide to use them, there is a pin at the wheels that goes thru to hold the dogbone to the axle, make sure they are very tight and that you use the supplied thread locker. I did have a problem with those falling out, after I went back over them and cleaned them up and re thread locked them and made absolutely sure they were tight, I have had NO problems with them since. The tranny ones are kind of a pain to put in because you'll have to take the motor out and then the motor mount. Because the back shaft won't come out till you pull mount out of the way. I'm also wanting to put all the tranny gears metal, does anyone know which RRP gears to get? I have fwd only and wide ratio set in my tranny now and would like to keep it that way. I also have the 40t spur and 16t cb combo on it by RRP. I have found out of all the different gear selections that fwd ony, wide rato, 40t spur and 16t cb works absolutely the best for me. It has great top speed and it'll do wheelies at the pull of the trigger. Was thinking about getting RRP diff gears too, what about those any info? Hope this helps you out man!!!!! Mike
Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Redrawker

Why are the THS Cvds so much cheaper than the MIP ones? Is it a quality difference or is it because MIP includes the hardware for installation or what?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
bud09

i hav the traxxas cvd's. i like them alot. i no nothing about the others, my lhs had these in stock so i got em to test em out.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

MIP CVD's are just expensive, the THS CVD's are very good quality.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:46 PM
HILLFINGER

I have been using the [link=http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?products_id=931]Traxxas CVD's[/link] for awhile with a Picco .26 Max and I have bent one and broke a dog ear off another. The bent CVD was due to tree, and the broke dog ear happened after trying a diff spool Traxxas replaced the broken shaft and sent a rebuild kit with it for free. I really like the Traxxas Cvd's can't complain much since the replaced they broken one.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
tmaxx_man87

yeah, about the spool, i have one in my rear and thats why i havnt went with cvd yet, im afraid it will twist them.. i twist stockers all the time...and cvd are expencive i dont want to twist them..
Old 11-24-2007, 04:01 PM
mrmike4given

i don't think you'll twist one of the MIP cvd's, as they are very tough. the are kindkinda expensive, but you get what you pay for. i would at least put them in the rear, as the rear takes most of the abuse.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:03 PM
megamaxx

i have been running MIP cvd,s for well over a year(3 gals)in a picco.26maxx powered t-maxx,with the rear spooled and have no issues what so ever with the cvd's,my .18o.s would shred them,come to find out it was due to no center skid,when it slammed to the ground something woul always catch the rear tranny drive