Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Dang Revo doesn't trun!!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:34 PM
dewberryb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dang Revo doesn't trun!!

I just got the body in last night! I started cutting some grafics but I just wanted a simple paint job. I think I got the fix for my problem. I used 3 2oz lead fishing weights. That is 6oz of weight up front. Some electrical tape and three zip ties. Fits perfict! I still didn't get my Losi 8ight XTT tires and wheels. Maybe tomarrow!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77428.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	820749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75986.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	820750  
Old 12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
beer=food
Banned

ORIGINAL: Th3pwn3r

ORIGINAL: beer=food

FRONT.
4 degrees caster.
2 to 5 degrees camber.
1 to 2 degrees toe IN .

REAR.
Caster is usually factory set and isnt a huge problem on rear.
2 to 3 degrees camber.
1 degree toe in.

These are the settings l used to run on the on road 1/10 nitro comp down south in vic a few years ago.
When l left wodonga, it was a relitively new track, l held the lap record, that was about 5ish years ago.
l ran a dodge viper [ kyosho ] belts, no shafts, knee shakingly fast around a track, slightly larger diametre tyres, same width, stiffer suspention, front n rear stabilizers/sway bars, all the toe and camber settings above, and that thing gripped like no other car out there, lm no state champion driver, and l did not win on the day, but l left with a lap record...

Tyres must be in good nick, suspention must be low ride and firm, stabilisers help alot, they act as if the chassis has a little more flex, helping grip.
Truck must not sit when not running with nose up, it should have a good firm stance.With nose and rear level or nose slightly lower than rear.
All the camber and toe in the world wont help unless you get it ALL right in the set up.

Experiment with thiner wheels, you might be suprised, cheezcutters as there known, try a slightly slimmer wheel on the front, the front end isnt very heavy, it dont need huge tyres for grip, chech your wheel alignment too, dont go to slim, you loose launching power, theres a million different things that effect handling, you really need to experiment and find what suits YOUR car best.

have mc fun n at.
Have you actually tried those settings on a Revo on an off road track?
hahahaha, well crap no, have you yet ?
That was an onroad set up, for a totally different car, what were you thinking !
LOL !
It was just a suggestion for him to try, l dont have the problem he's having, the revo is a little touchy in the front end when set up to ride high, but theres ways around it.

My front camber is about 3 deg neg, caster is factory set, and the toe is 2 deg in, on my revo, it handles well for a MT, thats pretty close to that other set up but not quite the same, play with your camber and toe more, you will find it can gain alot of grip out of a wheel alignment.
When the set up is high, [ long travel ] the camber tends to change its degree slightly from fully dropped to fully compressed, l set my wheel alignments with the lower arms level, pin it down solid, get a couple of straight edges, a very flat hard surface to do it on, what the car should be clamped too, from that point you can check, really quikly, chassis bends, toe, camber, caster if level from front to back, anyways just a suggestion, its a little extreem for offroading, but onroad cars tend to veeeerrrrrrrrrr at real high speeds, real fast, into objects !A wheel alignment works wonders and theres many people who have there own unique ways of doing it, most just set by eye ! LOL ! Magyvers ! hahaha.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:13 PM
HighClassBasher

What are you talking Beer=food?????????Horrible advise[:'(] So you run toe-in on the front of your Revo, huh[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Hairballusmaximus

Are you running a spool in the rear?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
dewberryb

What is a spool?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Beasley1

ORIGINAL: dewberryb

What is a spool?
It locks the diffs. Full time posi.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Hairballusmaximus

Exactly, and will create a push really bad!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not running a spool(AKA a locker) and it pushes pretty bad. Adding the battery pack up front has helped a lot but it still does it and I'm going to get rid of the 40 series wheels and bow tie tires and see how she handles with LPR series wheels and holeshot tires. They came in today
Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
dewberryb

I add the 6oz of weight up front last weekend. I didn't get to the track because of the weather. My xtt tires and wheels still haven't come. I hope they arive before this weekend so I can test them out. I hate cold weather!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Th3pwn3r

That's a lot of weight added to the front and I see you had done weight reduction and now it's all back That's why I'm going to move weight that's already on the truck to the front. I spent about an hour just mounting my tires on the wheels The foam inserts were giving me hell when I was trying to get the wheels true.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 PM
dewberryb

Premounted is the way to go!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Th3pwn3r

I don't think pre-mounted tires offer the same performance as if you would mount them yourself. I still need to balance them, does anyone have any cheap and effective methods? I know about using a prop balancer and clay but are there any other good ways?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
dewberryb

I don't bother balancing offroad tires. MTs are bad on wheels. The first tumble will make them wable anyway. I wish truggy's used 23mm hex's. The 23mm wheels are much stronger!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Th3pwn3r

After mounting my receiver and receiver pack up front and taking off the stock radio box completely and installing Pro-Line LPR Holeshot tires and LPR wheels on my Revo the thing handles like a dream and turns on a dime. It's insane I can't believe how much of a difference the tires made. I was running 40series Bow ties and Velocity wheels before and yea...insane improvement swapping to the LPR series stuff. I'm so happy about how it handles. I even blew out the bearings in my clutch and I wasn't even bummed lol because I was so happy about the handling in the turns of my Revo, I think it has a bit too much steering now it dives into the turns so fast.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:44 AM
dewberryb

Glad your happy! I got my XTT tires and wheels in a few days ago. I just hope the weather improves so I can test them out. I wish I lived Miami!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81195.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	826068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60616.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	826069  
Old 12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Th3pwn3r

Oh and just in case you were wondering...I'm running with 0 degrees of toe and 0 degrees of camber. Caster is set to factory.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
DETH-80

it just looks like u dont have any weight in the front.......
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
dewberryb

If you read the the other messages you would see that I added 6oz of weight to the front.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Th3pwn3r

It will be the wheels and tires that give the biggest improvement. I added weight of the receiver pack and receiver and it still pushed quite a bit. After switching to the Pro-Line LPR wheels and tires it turned like a dream. Try running with your 40 series and then run with your Losi wheels and tires dewberrb, you'll see getting rid of those tires was the best thing you've done for that Revo