Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Dang Revo doesn't trun!!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
dewberryb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dang Revo doesn't trun!!

Ive had my revo for about three years now and just about every hop-up that I like on it. It is dialed in and runs awsome around the local track. When I run around the back yard and the ditch down the street it turns fine. When I run at the local track I have to slow way down around the turns or I will run off the track. I removed the bump stops, 200oz servo, and tried several weights of oils in the diffs. I have the center dif with 500000 dif oil. I am running 1000 weight oil in the real diff and 30000 in the front. The 200oz servo has the grunt to keep the wheels turned. I notice that when turning the front wheels are turned but the front end just plow strait. Why? Does anybody have some sujestions?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88218.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	817314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18262.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	817315  
Old 12-02-2007, 09:25 PM
rcdudegermy10

Default RE: Dang Revo doesn't trun!!

Sweet Revo...you might want to check your suspension settings such as toe in/out, camber, shock oil, etc Also you may just not be getting enough grip, what kind of track do you run on??
Old 12-02-2007, 09:32 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Hows the battery pack?

Might want to put a thicker weight in the front and thinner in the rear so your car 'pulls' around the turn instead of 'pushes' (with the rear).
Old 12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
dewberryb

I am running 30000 in the front and and 1000 in the rear. The camber is -2, toe out is +2, caster is three spacers in front and one rear. I may try a 7000 or 5000 in the front who knows? I just found out that I am moving back to Japan in Aug. I wil probubly put the revo on ebay and get another Serpent and a Mugen buggy.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
dewberryb

I am running Bowties and crime fighters.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:00 AM
dirt101

take the heavy oil out of the front diff. put about 7000 in the front and somewhere around 5k for the rear. then a little lighter oil in the front.
you could also soften the fron springs
Old 12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Well...what's funny is that I have had the exact same problem that you're describing. Those look like 40series wheels and tires and if you ask me they suck. That's what I've been running and no matter how carefully I seem to turn it starts to push. I have my ProLine LPR 17MM wheels mounted up now and I'm just waiting on my tires to show up. What do you have your EPA on your radio set to? Try less steering throw and see how that works. I'll let you know how the LPR wheels and tires hook up after thursday. I also just softened up the front springs. I hope it works out for me.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
dewberryb

Oh Yah! I will be looking for your input on LPR tires and wheels! I think that will be my next big purchase. I only have about a month before I deploy to Afgahnistan for four months. When I get back I only have two months left here at Altus Ok before I move to Misawa Japan. I have plans to get an Losi 8ight pro with a Ninja .21. There are three tracks right in the local area. Two onroad and one offroad. I may even buy another serpent. I am working a deal with a friend over there to get me a 97 Nissan Silvia with all the goodies too. Life is good!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Th3pwn3r

I'm kind of bummed but I just found out my tires won't be in until Wednesday Well if they're not here on Wednesday I'll be really disappointed because I'm going to my local track Thursday either way. I'll definitely let you know how everything works out. That's awesome in regards to being in Japan and getting a Silvia but what if you move back? Isn't the import process long and expensive? I guess you could always sell it there. The funny thing is over there nobody will even think such a car is anything special but here in the states we don't take those cars for granted
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
dewberryb

You buy the car over there and when it is time to leave you sell it to the next guy. I lived in japan for 10 years and moved to altus ok. Now it is time for my return. Ive owned all the cars that I ever wanted to over there. There is one true fact Skylines suck balls! The AE-86 Trueno is the poop!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
beer=food
Banned

FRONT.
4 degrees caster.
2 to 5 degrees camber.
1 to 2 degrees toe IN .

REAR.
Caster is usually factory set and isnt a huge problem on rear.
2 to 3 degrees camber.
1 degree toe in.

These are the settings l used to run on the on road 1/10 nitro comp down south in vic a few years ago.
When l left wodonga, it was a relitively new track, l held the lap record, that was about 5ish years ago.
l ran a dodge viper [ kyosho ] belts, no shafts, knee shakingly fast around a track, slightly larger diametre tyres, same width, stiffer suspention, front n rear stabilizers/sway bars, all the toe and camber settings above, and that thing gripped like no other car out there, lm no state champion driver, and l did not win on the day, but l left with a lap record...

Tyres must be in good nick, suspention must be low ride and firm, stabilisers help alot, they act as if the chassis has a little more flex, helping grip.
Truck must not sit when not running with nose up, it should have a good firm stance.With nose and rear level or nose slightly lower than rear.
All the camber and toe in the world wont help unless you get it ALL right in the set up.

Experiment with thiner wheels, you might be suprised, cheezcutters as there known, try a slightly slimmer wheel on the front, the front end isnt very heavy, it dont need huge tyres for grip, chech your wheel alignment too, dont go to slim, you loose launching power, theres a million different things that effect handling, you really need to experiment and find what suits YOUR car best.

have mc fun n at.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Th3pwn3r

ORIGINAL: beer=food

FRONT.
4 degrees caster.
2 to 5 degrees camber.
1 to 2 degrees toe IN .

REAR.
Caster is usually factory set and isnt a huge problem on rear.
2 to 3 degrees camber.
1 degree toe in.

These are the settings l used to run on the on road 1/10 nitro comp down south in vic a few years ago.
When l left wodonga, it was a relitively new track, l held the lap record, that was about 5ish years ago.
l ran a dodge viper [ kyosho ] belts, no shafts, knee shakingly fast around a track, slightly larger diametre tyres, same width, stiffer suspention, front n rear stabilizers/sway bars, all the toe and camber settings above, and that thing gripped like no other car out there, lm no state champion driver, and l did not win on the day, but l left with a lap record...

Tyres must be in good nick, suspention must be low ride and firm, stabilisers help alot, they act as if the chassis has a little more flex, helping grip.
Truck must not sit when not running with nose up, it should have a good firm stance.With nose and rear level or nose slightly lower than rear.
All the camber and toe in the world wont help unless you get it ALL right in the set up.

Experiment with thiner wheels, you might be suprised, cheezcutters as there known, try a slightly slimmer wheel on the front, the front end isnt very heavy, it dont need huge tyres for grip, chech your wheel alignment too, dont go to slim, you loose launching power, theres a million different things that effect handling, you really need to experiment and find what suits YOUR car best.

have mc fun n at.
Have you actually tried those settings on a Revo on an off road track?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:04 AM
SOILWORK

If you are using the stock servo horn, get rid of it and buy a longer servo horn. The stock one doesnt have enough of throw on it. I had the same problem with my Revo until I swapped out to a longer servo horn.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
dewberryb

Here is a pic of my steering set up!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77793.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	818668  
Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 AM
SOILWORK

If your radio has end point adjustments check those, otherwise it seems like you may just have to experiment with the suspension setup.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
btlondon

It looks like there is not enough weight distribution from front to rear to me. If the front end is too light, the tires will not grip the track. All the front end will do is plow. I relocated my battery to above the front shocks, and mine will turn on a dime. I hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Th3pwn3r

Another idea is to check out the Traxxas team driver's setups. I'm going to run Steve Slayden's setup as closely as I can besides the wheel and tire combo if he isn't running LPR series. The weight idea on the front end does sound good because Revos are back end heavy,mine tries to sit with the rear during jumping. BTLondon, do you have pictures of how you mounted that battery? I'd like to see that setup. Thanks man.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:12 AM
dewberryb

I ordered a new Crowd pleazer body and the losi 8ight-t pro wheels and xtt tires yesterday. I think I am going to try mounting fishing weights up front this sunday at the track. My revo weighs next to nothing anyway. A little weight up front isn't going to change much. When I installed the 250cc fuel tank it had no affect on the handling of the REVO.
As for the Steering servo I have the digital trim set to the max on the turning radius.
I think the idea about to much weight in the rear is dead on!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Th3pwn3r

I'm going to mount my batt pack up front above the shocks like he mentioned. I'm working on the mounts right now Why add weight when I can balance the weight I have better. I'll give it a try and see how it all works out. Dewberry, are those wheels 17mm hexes that you ordered? I hope you remembered to get a conversion
Old 12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Jerzferno

dewberry - What branch of service are oyu in? I know a guy from a different board stationed over there that has a sweet RC track built on the base.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
slammed1500

you can try and play around with the roll center also
just a thought
Old 12-06-2007, 04:06 PM
dewberryb

I am stationed at Altus AFB Oklahoma. The only track around here is the local track at the Speedway. The guy that owns the speedway just opened a RC shop in town. RC shops are the best way to buy parts and keep it a secret from the wife. You know! You come home from work to find a opened box on the table and get the question of what the hell is this? Like I care if she is mad! Give me some every now and then and I will stop waisting my time and money on my rc car. LOL!
Old 12-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Th3pwn3r

ORIGINAL: Th3pwn3r

I'm kind of bummed but I just found out my tires won't be in until Wednesday Well if they're not here on Wednesday I'll be really disappointed because I'm going to my local track Thursday either way. I'll definitely let you know how everything works out. That's awesome in regards to being in Japan and getting a Silvia but what if you move back? Isn't the import process long and expensive? I guess you could always sell it there. The funny thing is over there nobody will even think such a car is anything special but here in the states we don't take those cars for granted
Man...I'm so bummed out now. I won't be able to give you a review of the tires for at least another week. My local hobby shop screwed me over badly. I placed my order with him on last week Tuesday and he told me everything would be in Friday so I was excited that everything would come and I'd hit the track over last weekend. Well, my wheels came but tires didn't so what good wheels without tires? Ugh. He said Monday for sure, Monday came and nothing said call back on Wednesday that they were coming for sure on Wednesday, I go to the shop Wednesday and still nothing and says that UPS didn't show up for some reason, what a bunch of BS. Then he says that they missed their stop for him on Wednesday and would be in FOR SURE on Thursday so I go in there and he starts saying that he is missing a package from UPS and that they lost the package he thinks... Then he goes and says that they're still back-ordered and won't be in this week. I told him to cancel the order and I was done doing business with him. I've had so many problems with that hobby shop and I've gone and bought there since I was 12 years old...it's a shame that I can't rely on my local hobby shop of so many years. From now on I'm sticking to mail order, it's not worth trying to support a shop that sucks.

Back on topic...I'm going to run my 40 series wheels and bow tie tires and put my batt pack up front today. I hope it helps out.

Oh and sorry guys about the SOB story but I was just really PO'ed that I got the run around for so long and needed to vent before I went insane.[&o]
Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
dewberryb

Ive seen this before! A lot of hobby shops will only place orders once a week so they can save on shipping or get a discount for a large order. I think what happned was you placed the order then he didn't order the item for four or five days after that. During this time you went back and was told that your order was not in yet. Then a few more day pass and what do you know the parts are out of stock. By then you are pissed! Ive been there! They dont tell you they order once a week even if you ask. You will know when it takes 10 day to get something that you could get from A-Main in two. I support A-Main hobbies! I buy a lot of stuff and they have never droped the ball. Ebay stores hate negative feedback. Most will do anything to make sure you are happy with the transaction! Plus Paypal has your back!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Th3pwn3r

Well, I ended up running with the 40series bow tie tires and 40 series wheels yesterday and placing my battery up front helped a lot to get the truck to turn better but it's still not that great. I placed my order for my tires so hopefully next week thursday I'll be able to let you know how it worked out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.