Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

NEED HELP AND ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCED PEOPLE TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MONSTER TRUCK

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

NEED HELP AND ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCED PEOPLE TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MONSTER TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 PM
JSRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP AND ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCED PEOPLE TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MONSTER TRUCK

Dave, I wish I could set the LST2 in front of you. It's very well built with Team Losi quality. It comes stock with a JR radio! Team Losi offers better radio systems for their RTR's than anyone, and I don't think anyone can argue that. The LST2 is very smooth to drive compared to the jittery, nervous feel of the Revo. But let us know what you end up getting, and whatever it is, you'll have some fun, guaranteed! :-)
Old 12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEED HELP AND ADVICE FROM EXPERIENCED PEOPLE TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MONSTER TRUCK

For what you want to do, stock for stock the Savage has the upper hand[8D]
Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
revo3.3traxxas

The savage IS tougher and, that's coming from a guy with "revo" in his name but, to me the revo is more tuneable and adjustable for different conditons but, just fpr bashing go with the savvy.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever think that because you posted this in the TRAXXAS FORUMS, that the Revo is ALWAYS going to get the most votes? But as far as bashing, the Savage is hard to beat. I have one, and I can beat the snot out of it, and it just comes back for more.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 PM
supertib

Honestly buy a Truggy... a Hyper ST would be a very good choice... Truggy is better at everyhting over any MT....
Old 12-07-2007, 02:05 PM
beer=food
Banned

Read the title dude, not everyone wants a boring truggy.....
Old 12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: beer=food

man o man...boring they aren't.....I hate even promoting Truggies as much as I do...as I am making a guy like you hate on Truggies......Thats the lat thing i want to happen.... Truggies are the best land based RC for fun and versatility... I can promise anyone here would have more fun offroading a Truggy over MT any day.... not to mention spend alot less money
Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Clymer122693

supertib will you quit spamming all the revo threads its getting old.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you even have a truggy? And besides, truggies can be just as good and even better than a monster truck. Truggies are probably the most durable land based rc, next to 1/8 buggies. And maybe that guy does want a truggy. Sure not everyone does, but ALOT of people do. Not trying to start a flame war here, but dont diss something you probably dont have much experience with. End rant.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:15 PM
North Star

Oh, this dave guy (the op) picked up a Savage 4.6 BTW. He's all in the HPI forum now pumped up!

Booo to HPI! LoL!

I can't hate too much, my RS4 is still in the garage looking pretty.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
supertib

before people get upset at me, please realise a Truggy is the evolution of the MT.... If it werent for T-Maxx's and Revo's there wouldnt be any Truggies..... Truggies run MT sized tires, they can go over pretty much everything a MT can............ they dont crawl well though, so slow speed curb and rock crawling is not for a Truggy... But anything over 10 MPH the Truggy has huge capabilities over a MT...under 10 MPH a MT is likely more fun........ so if you tend to do most of your bashing under 10 MPH a MT is your best bet.......... If you tend to like running faster then 10 MPH a Truggy will provide the best machine for the job..... If you like jumping, a Truggy is also a superior machine..... Guys rember I like all these machines, I am only offering what I feel is sound advice for someone looking at getting into the hobby.......... I have owned many traxxass products...from as early as 1988 with the Traxxass cat 2WD electric buggy... I am much more familiar with Traxxass and its products then you may realize..... Unlike most of you i am not basing my opinions off just owning 1 RC vehicle...... All i can say if you like the way a Revo runs you will be floored by how much better a quality Truggy runs.... for the $$$$ overall a Truggy is a much better way to enter this hobby....
Old 12-07-2007, 05:35 PM
beer=food
Banned

Yes l own a truggy, you boring repetitive turkies, cant you read a thread for what it is mate ?
Did he ask, or does he care if truggies were an evolutionary step from MT's, no, read the topic again dude.

For the dollars, stay out of RC anything, to be frank.

Every thread you turn into a truggy VS every thing else, bring your super truggy over to my house l want to race it in my diesel hilux, after l run your truggy over and flatten it maybe you will quit it ? ...

The guys asking for MT, if you disagree with every topic posted, try using the PM service, instead of hijaking every thread.

l have broken way less parts on my REVO doing insane massive jumps than ANY other type or brand or make of RC car.

Your points about truggies l disagree with in alot of cases.

You seem to think you can never be wrong ?

oK truggies may not be boring', so to speak, but, they in my opinion have alot less to them, are not as much FUN up the bush, l wouldnt even dream of mud bashing a low to the ground get water in your electrics + air filter truggy, you cannot take the same amount of energy into the chassis in a huge jump without overstressing the plastic's on a truggy, l dont care what you recon or your experiences, l judge by my own, truggies do NOT go as well in 4 inch or more grass, l have found on sand dunes, the REVO outright pwns with its wide wheels and high ride, a truggy is no match on a steep sand dune, and before you say it, no a truggy is not made for that, here we go again yes ?

Its a MT thread mate, start a truggy thread if you like, you know l'll post, stop hijaking, lalalalalalalalala, can l call you osama ? !!! hahaha all good.

Get a REVO mate, ignore these truggy 'experts' get what 'you' wanted, if by some bezarre chance you do like the idea of a truggy, l'll be more than happy to appologise, to all of yas.
Short of what looks like a mind decided short of brand and make, l would say this guys is likely to get MT still.
l would recon he's tossing up, [at a guess] between savage and revo.
So decided what your going with yet mate ?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
caseyw10

I was in your same position about 4 weeks ago, wondering savage or revo or t-maxx. I eliminated the t-maxx pretty fast and was left to the savage or the revo. after watching both go at it at the my lhs, i sided with the revo. the guy who had the savage kept pulling it aside to tune it to try to make it "able to keep up with the revo." Seeing as i'm more of a revo guy rather than savage isnt becasue im totally biased; I was in the same position as you are and choose the revo and am happy with my decision (wish i could have gotten both!) But if your not wanting to replace any parts at all; which If you break the arms on the revo and get the RPM arms it is unstopable) but if not, the savage will probably last longer stock, but if you just replace the arms with RPM on the revo while as you go, it will take the savage down
Old 12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
North Star

Yes l own a truggy, you boring repetitive turkies, cant you read a thread for what it is mate ?
Did he ask, or does he care if truggies were an evolutionary step from MT's, no, read the topic again dude.

For the dollars, stay out of RC anything, to be frank.

Every thread you turn into a truggy VS every thing else, bring your super truggy over to my house l want to race it in my diesel hilux, after l run your truggy over and flatten it maybe you will quit it ? ...

The guys asking for MT, if you disagree with every topic posted, try using the PM service, instead of hijaking every thread.

l have broken way less parts on my REVO doing insane massive jumps than ANY other type or brand or make of RC car.

Your points about truggies l disagree with in alot of cases.

You seem to think you can never be wrong ?

oK truggies may not be boring', so to speak, but, they in my opinion have alot less to them, are not as much FUN up the bush, l wouldnt even dream of mud bashing a low to the ground get water in your electrics + air filter truggy, you cannot take the same amount of energy into the chassis in a huge jump without overstressing the plastic's on a truggy, l dont care what you recon or your experiences, l judge by my own, truggies do NOT go as well in 4 inch or more grass, l have found on sand dunes, the REVO outright pwns with its wide wheels and high ride, a truggy is no match on a steep sand dune, and before you say it, no a truggy is not made for that, here we go again yes ?

Its a MT thread mate, start a truggy thread if you like, you know l'll post, stop hijaking, lalalalalalalalala, can l call you osama ? !!! hahaha all good.

Get a REVO mate, ignore these truggy 'experts' get what 'you' wanted, if by some bezarre chance you do like the idea of a truggy, l'll be more than happy to appologise, to all of yas.
Short of what looks like a mind decided short of brand and make, l would say this guys is likely to get MT still.
l would recon he's tossing up, [at a guess] between savage and revo.
So decided what your going with yet mate ?
Post #35 ^^^

The OP already got himself into a Savage 4.6 kit.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
North Star

ORIGINAL: caseyw10

I was in your same position about 4 weeks ago, wondering savage or revo or t-maxx. I eliminated the t-maxx pretty fast and was left to the savage or the revo. after watching both go at it at the my lhs, i sided with the revo. the guy who had the savage kept pulling it aside to tune it to try to make it "able to keep up with the revo." Seeing as i'm more of a revo guy rather than savage isnt becasue im totally biased; I was in the same position as you are and choose the revo and am happy with my decision (wish i could have gotten both!) But if your not wanting to replace any parts at all; which If you break the arms on the revo and get the RPM arms it is unstopable) but if not, the savage will probably last longer stock, but if you just replace the arms with RPM on the revo while as you go, it will take the savage down
What caused you to elimante the T-maxx from the options so quickly?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:56 PM
REVO X
My Feedback: (10)

The guy already got a Savage 4.6 rtr, its posted in HPI forum.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
JSRacer

Beer=food, I disgree with most things you say. You know, you could be wrong......?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
beer=food
Banned

Could be could be, l am different to most though, just for you, lm wrong your right ! ok ?
Do you base your opinion on 'your' experiences, or what others post ?
l judge by what l have done, nothing else.
ln anycase , l will agree with you , just to be a socialite ! hahaha.

Got a savage ay, well done, l missed that post, good on ya anyways, go the savage then.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
supertib

Could be could be, l am different to most though, just for you, lm wrong your right ! ok ?
Do you base your opinion on 'your' experiences, or what others post ?
l judge by what l have done, nothing else.
ln anycase , l will agree with you , just to be a socialite ! hahaha.

Got a savage ay, well done, l missed that post, good on ya anyways, go the savage then.

dude your also the guy claiming your Revo was destroying all the Truggies onthe track...with your suspension set to LT no less..... now your saying a Revo is more durable and a Truggy is boring, also that a Revo is a better jumping machine, with better air control........ Dude you dont know the first thing about Truggies, so quite trying to pretend you have a Truggy...listen to the anti Truggy trash your spewing...spoken like someone who truly doesn't have a clue....accordingto you the Revo can leap buildings with a single bound, stronger then locomotive and faster then a speeding bullet.... all i can say bubs is its time to GET REAL !!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:31 PM
megamaxx

i want to try my hand at a truggy,never even seen one in action.i really like the way they are set up/look.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
rcnitrohead

Northstar: The anwser to your question is, because the T-maxx is a POS... I own one and I would know. Fun as hell to frive but not fun when it falls apart after every run
Old 12-07-2007, 09:46 PM
megamaxx

oh so harsh nitrohead!!!!!imo,there are plenty of other nitro's out there that would qualify as P.O.S.'s way quicker than the maxx.yes the maxx is frgile in its stock form,but with a couple of upgrades they are great trucks period.i dont know what y'all are doing to that truck.but neither of my maxxs have broken in a very long time
Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 PM
vge

Well IMHO after having a Savage X (which I sold), now I own a LST2, 3.3 Revo, Cen Nemesis, T-Maxx 2.5 and a Revo. I think the last one I would ever recommend is the Savage. Those trucks may be able to take a beating, but lord working on them is a royal pain in the keyster. Now I don't really consider the Revo a basher. Although people do bash with it. Most people drop them and make them racers. Honestly I think thats what Traxxas designed them for anyway. They can take a beating, but I would not bash my Revo like I would bash my T-Maxx. With that all said, it does come down to how much cash you wanna blow. I really love my LST2 and my Cen Nemesis for back yard and park fun. The LST2 is hella easy to work on. Great right out of the box. Not a whole lot that really NEEDS to be done to it. The Genesis is hella fun to bash. Thats a tank as well. Tons of torq, loud, gets all the heads turning.

So I would really say you need to figure out what you want to do. If you are only going to be doing back yard and park bashing and your cash is tight. Forget the Savage and get a T-Maxx 3.3 or 2.5r. If you want to bash a lil bit but are interested in doing some club racing. Go with the Revo. If you wanna bash like a mad man and still club race and have the cash to blow. Get your self a LST 2. If you have the cash and wanna bash and turn heads get yourself a Cen Genesis or Nemesis.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 PM
rcnitrohead

Mega, mine is hopped up to the limit man!! It has every single part on it to make it durable, and it still finds a way to break... You need to poor at least $600 into a T-maxx in order to make it semi-durable.. I'm not nearly as hard on my T-maxx as I am on my Savage
Old 12-16-2007, 08:53 PM
71+mph

Revo hands down...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.