Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sheffield, UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    363
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    engine stalling

    when i apply full throttle the engine dies, do i lean or richen low speed needle
    undefeated dragster Jato

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    elkton, MD
    Posts
    3,657
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    buy your quick description, i'd say you need to richen the hsn. when it boggs and dies at wot, it's to lean
    just say no to \"shelf queens\"
    aaf# 111285-25
    A.C.E. member

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sheffield, UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    363
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    sorry needs more info
    ive managed now to control that but now when it get to about half a tank it starts cutting out again
    undefeated dragster Jato

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quakertown, PA
    Posts
    1,074
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    It's always good to start from stock setting on the carb. and work from there. I've heard of probs. with half tanks. fill it up. then keep an eye on it with your temp. gun, when it get down to half. Good luck.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    hervey bay, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    1,276
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    Lean, richen it.

    Heres a great little tune guide for ya...


    http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...ngTechTips.pdf

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    no town
    Posts
    95
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    Yeah, richen it when you wot it and it dies or bogs it's to lean and at low fuel it gradually leans it's self out so richen it.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Badger, MN
    Posts
    934
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    you can combat against low fuel lean. i installed a few months ago but haven't to to test it yet, but i put an inline dubro fuel filter in from the line going from the exhaust to the fuel tank. i got to run it once and i happened to hit a perfect tune but my sisters dog took off running cause it got scared so i shut it down. but yeah it sounds like it is too lean.
    98 percent of ppl avoid hitting the ditch, the other 2 percent say hold my beer this is gonna be FUN!!!!!!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    red bluff, CA
    Posts
    292
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    RE: engine stalling

    I would suggest tuning at half tank that way you dont lean out asmuch when tanks almost empty. I agree sounds lean, If in doubt always go richer first.
    Just how fast was that tree going when it hit you?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 AM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.