Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a T-Maxx need help- Pics Inside

Yesturday after thinking about it i was going to buy a Savage x 4.6 RTR and my hobby shop said he would give me a diff upgrade for the savage for free so i was like awesome ill be there. well i didnt end up going. A lady yesturday asked me since im always outside with my trucks if i was interested in a Nitro Truck and i was like sure. "what you got". she said that her husband who is in his late 40's baught a T-Maxx and decided after the break-in and running a half a gallon through it decided that it was not for him so he took the maxx and put it in his basement. its been sitting there since last summer and he said he hasnt run it since and hes only run it for the half a gallon. wich he gave me the rest of the fuel also.

i have taken pictures because im not sure of wich t-maxx it is. ive looked at the traxxes official site and there engines are not what is in this maxx. he also has a canister type thing hooked to the fuel line wich i dont know what its for.

the only thing i know is that the body is blue with orange to yellow flames and the engine i dont know. also all tmaxxes are 1/10th correct. this is my first MT and this thing is friggen huge and who sais that a maxx cant take a beating i bashed the crap out of it today and it took what i gave it.

By the way i paid 100.00 for it and it was in almost perfect condition.

HPI RS4 3 Evo+ 3.0, AE Mini MGT 3.0, OFNA LX One, Kyosho FW-06, Newest edition Tmaxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: I got a T-Maxx need help- Pics Inside

there are a couple of RPM pieces on the truck as well that are pictured. i think i got a good deal just waiting for someone to tell me what the truck has in it.
    HPI RS4 3 Evo+ 3.0, AE Mini MGT 3.0, OFNA LX One, Kyosho FW-06, Newest edition Tmaxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

to me it looks like the fisrt ever t maxx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea same here...its has a crappy pro .15 engine in it and if i were you id take any savage even without upgrades over a tmaxx
    Floods Brothers Represent

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's an old, first generation Maxx. The motor is the stock Traxxas Pro .15 side exhaust. Those are definitely RPM wear plates on the skids. Looks like you have some aluminum bulkheads, also. As for the canister, it's hard to tell from the pics, but if the fuel line from the bottom of the fuel tank goes in one end and out the other end to the carb, it's a filter. If it has one piece of fuel line from the base of the carb to the canister, it's a boost bottle. Boost bottles are useless, search for threads on them in this forum. Good luck with the truck and remember this: THIS HOBBY IS ALL ABOUT FUN, SO DON"T LET THIS MAXX DRIVE YOU CRAZY!
    Step One: RTFM
    Picco .26 T-Maxx, LST, RC18b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok after looking at it, it goes right into the Carb. so it must be a boost bottle. basicly by this comment " Good luck with the truck and remember this: THIS HOBBY IS ALL ABOUT FUN, SO DON"T LET THIS MAXX DRIVE YOU CRAZY!" your saying what? is it junk? worthless? wa it not worth 100.00? let me know.

i only baught it to mess around with. im not racing or anything just for fun when im bored.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no he means that the truck isn't all fun. you will encounter some problems with any truckand just don't let it upset you.
    \"It\'\'s funny \'\'till someone gets hurt... then it\'\'s HILARIOUS!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah i know that. i have stadium trucks and i have problems all the time and im constlantly fixing something with them. every day i got to buy something new. that even goes for my heli. today i gotta spend abut 60 bucks to get it fixed. i know that i will run into problems and i wont let it get to me. i want to do a engine upgrade to it. what would you recommend. and does this truck have a single speed or a 2 speed?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

get at least a traxxas trx 3.3 for that baby
    Cars: Losi 8ight 2.0/XXX-4 G+ mamba/Savage Flux Extended/RC8T/Mini E-Revo VXL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it's a 2 speed. a good engine for this would be an O.S.18 CVR. cause its a side exhaust and rotary carb. plus it has awesome power, get the upgraded slipper clutch and spur gear, if you don't this is where most of your problems will be. i think RRP makes 'em. your pics are very blurry so i couldn't tell what that thing was. i noticed some aluminum upgades. you could over some time, make this thing all aluminum!!!!!!well good luck with it. i'm trying to remember what else you should know.....oh well, later Mike.
    Jammin CRTw/ OS 30, Revo w/ hop ups galore and OS18TM w/TZ piston, RC10GT w/OS18CV-R and Revo pipe, RC18MT.. Lipo\'s are Kool!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a ? about the engine thats in it right now. you say its a pro .15. is it a really bad engine? the reason im asking is cause the engine runs right now and it seems to run good. i looked at the piston and it looks brand new so i can tell it hasnt been run much. should i use it till it dies then upgrade or just junk it right now and get a new one.

i guess my ? is, is it worth using right now just for bashing until it craps on me. plus im bad with tuning so would it be good to use to get my tuning good before i get a better engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a good buy still at that price,old model or not, l recon your gunna get your 100 bucks worth of fun out of it, well done...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for a 100.00,it was worth it just to tear around with.have a ball with it,
    I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE,SOMEBODYS WATCHIN ME......

ROCKWELL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hell yeah $100 is a great deal. just beat the crap out of that motor and then upgrade when it comes time to. the .15 is just a small motor and they dont last too long. so since it looks good and runs good i would just run the crap out of it then get the 3.3. and wow what a difference.
    My Beer Team has a Racing Problem

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there's nothing wrong with the pro.15 engine.
    it is what it is, a small displacement engine that does not have the power of more modern engines.
    mine ran fine (still would if i put it back in) for me until the "more power" bug got me.
    in some ways i wish i'd left it in.
    it was a great truck to let friends drive.
    oh and don't let the maxx haters throw you off
    my little ol pro.15 maxx has been tougher than my savage 25
    two kinds of people i never believe - fanboys and haters
    they never tell the whole truth

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

waht fuel should i run in it. ive been running my Race 20% with 16% oil. i went to my hobby shop today and they didnt have anything lower then 20%. is that too high

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

20% is about perfect. 16% oil is a bit much, you may experence some owb slippage but maybe not depending on the make-up of the oil. There have been articles that say the optimum oil content is between 8% and 12 % and a blend of natural and synthetic castor oils.
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well the reason im asking this is cause when i meantioned what engine was in the maxx my local hobby shop suggested this fuel. they said that with this engine that i should be running lower then 20% but since they only had 20% that the oil would help keep it cooler or something like that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The origanal Tmaxx's had yellow heat shields on the fuel lines, just like that. I think it's one on the first ones, I still have one of those bodies. Just remember that parts for the new Tmaxx such as A arms and drive shafts are different.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a set of alluminum arms that will fit that truck if your intristed 25$ shipped. good find on the truck by the way
    tmaxx.. wheely king in the mail... crawler parts waiting..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

front and back or just front?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

all 8, used but no bends
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax73242.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	821687  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

one quick ? is one blue and the rest are black or are they all the same color. also can someone direct me to a manual and how to prime this thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there all blue, its the light in the pic messin it up, and hold your hand over the pipe end and crank it over to prime...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice find, but ya it should be a good truck, just run the motor till it quits. I have a 2.5 in my revo, and despite the bashing of the 2.5 on here i think its got plenty of power for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast