Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Maximizer Beadlocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Karter01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maximizer Beadlocks

I'm looking for some new wheels for my Revo. The Maximizer beadlocks caught my eye. http://www.maximizerproducts.com/max...em_P178C34.cfm

I know people have said they are heavy, but will you REALLY notice a difference? My Revo is mostly a basher.

I want a rim that is durable and easy to mount. (hate gluing)

What are your guys experience with them? Also, should I get standard offset or 1/2 inch offset?
Thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
89ram

Default RE: Maximizer Beadlocks

i found them to be tough enough for my bashing. i also enjoy no glueing!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 PM
CrazyCooydog

Normaly wider is better! I made the mistake off settleing for standard(thats all they had when I was on a buying frenzzy)
Wish I would have waited and got the 3/4 inch off set.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Karter01

Well, I just ordered the normal offset wheels with some Badlands! (17mm)

I was debating on the 1/2 offset, but it's easier to turn with standard offset. I don't really see the need for 1/2 offset, it being a basher (don't get me wrong, I do like the 1/2 offset).

Also ordered the Tekno Conversion with the Mugen 160cc tank! [sm=biggrin.gif] WOOT!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Jishory

i got a set sitting under the tree waiting for me...
Old 12-11-2007, 08:08 AM
RCCanuck

wait until you have to take out all of those screws and put them back in a few times...LOL....you will be wishing for some glue.....I love the look of beadlocks...its the only reason I still run them. I can honestly say that there is no performance gain at all..in fact they are a tad heavier than your dish wheel set up or the stock wheels..so it takes more power to move them leaving less for TQ and high speed.....you may not notice a differance but its there....just my .2 cents but they are eye candy and nothing more unless you are a crawler...
Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
North Star

My buddy ended up going with the Axial bead lockers. I don't remember which model, but those things were pretty heavy too. Instead of 8 screws per wheel, the Axial's have 16 screws per wheel.

Even though they were heavy, they actually helped performance in his Revo. He's running a .26 Picco and that thing has more than enough power to move! With the heavier wheels, he managed to gain distance in our local neighborhood jump by another 3 feet or so.

So as long as you have the power to move them, heavier bead lockers are just fine!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
PedeBeater

The axial beadlocks are different then the maximizers. All axial beadlocks are "oversized", a lot bigger, Same as proline 40 series I think. Also a lot heavier.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:35 AM
RCCanuck

actually they are not much heavier than stock....I can weigh them if you want for exact weights but I know they are just a bit heavier...
I also run a picco .26 in my Maxx and I'm here to tell you the only gain you will get is from the tires not the wheels themselves....they are heavier than stock so the extra rotating mass makes it impossible for a performance gain from the rims....Must have been something else added to your friends REVO...to make it jum higher...
the Axial beadlocks come in 40 series and 2.2 sizes...
Old 12-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Muggy250r

i ran a 1/2off set on my revo... now im trying the axial ones on my muggy,