Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

O.S. 21tm Question??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 06:49 PM
silverj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 21tm Question??

I installed the O.S. 21tm this weekend and broke it in. The engine is a monster, but now i have a problem!! The truck is squealing during accelleration, and I cannot determine if it is the clutch or the slipper?? So my question is what clutch would hold up to the power this engine puts out? Can I put an 1/8 scale flywheel and clutch from a BB or is thier a good small block setup that I can use? Thanks ahead for the answers!!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
enigmamdw

Default RE: O.S. 21tm Question??

Check your gear mesh and make sure your spur gear isn't getting pushed into the clutch bell. Re torque down your engine mount/angle bolts.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
silverj

I appreciate the response!! My gear mesh looks good it has a tiny bit of play. The thing is it did wheelies like mad at first and now it will hardly do them at all?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Redrawker

ORIGINAL: silverj

I appreciate the response!! My gear mesh looks good it has a tiny bit of play. The thing is it did wheelies like mad at first and now it will hardly do them at all?
Did you have your slipper adjusted properly when it was doing wheelies? Also, what clutch setup are you running? Yes, you can fit a 1/8th clutch and flywheel on there. But, I'd just get a Nova 2 shoe aluminum (small block) clutch if I were you.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:56 PM
silverj

I was a little over a quarter turn out on the slipper and have not adjusted it. And I am running the stock clutch, with about a half gallon through the 3.3 and around a quart through the 21TM, so relatively new. I thought about the nova clutches, I will try them out and go from there! Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
jcreeperj

what muffler are you guys using for the o.s 21tm in a tmaxx
Old 12-30-2007, 11:26 AM
nitrorcjunkie

Squealing sound and not doing wheelies? That's a slipper prob. Too much slip will heat up the slipper pads or pegs and wear them out prematurely.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Danker16

check your disc brake it may be too tight!, i had same problem yesterday when i found out my rear diff got blown with my .18TM