Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Pipe info for my Revo

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
KrAsHtAgAiN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe info for my Revo

Hey guys i'm new to the MT scene , I fly heli's for my fix but figured wth i'll try my thumbs at MT . I aquired a Revo 3.3 that has a OS 18TM EB mod , The truck came with a stock pipe , what kind of pipe will make this engine run good . I'm sure a stock pipe is'nt doing the engine any justice , or could I be wrong . How do I know if this engine is a EB mod'd engine , tear down ?? All I need is a pipe I installed a new Spektrum system in it so now all I need is a pipe and let the krashin begin .
Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
weez440

Default RE: Pipe info for my Revo

i put a trinity pipe on my revo with the os.18tm and i absolutely love it. it is a lil on the louder side but it is easier to tune now compared to the rdlogics dual exhaust i did have on it. stay away from that pipe it hurt my ears it was so loud and it made the os very hard to tune which it is normally an easy engine to tune. also LETS SEE SOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 PM
malibuboats4

ths makes a very good pipe also
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Bryant32

yer i thought it would be cool having this LOUD revo, but after a day of suffering sore ears, a headache, and regrets of not getting the resonator, its not worth it lol. especially where i live.... suburbia

-B
Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 AM
revo-nation

I RECOMMEND THE RESONATOR OR THE TRINITY HI FLO LIKE I HAVE ON MY SIRIO .23
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99647.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	846322  
Old 01-09-2008, 08:25 AM
KrAsHtAgAiN

Looks like a Trinity pipe it is . How about the rx packs what size cells are those ?? I would'nt mind building a few packs or buying a few for that matter but i've never seen cells that small , where can I buy them ?? Do you guys run lipos w/ regulators on your trucks ??
Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Bryant32

ORIGINAL: revo-nation

I RECOMMEND THE RESONATOR OR THE TRINITY HI FLO LIKE I HAVE ON MY SIRIO .23
hey mate, what that pipe like to tune? does it need any mods to fit straight on to the 3.3? and perfomance wise, how much more do you get out of it compared to the stock pipe?

thanks,
-B
Old 01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
weez440

the trinity comes with 2 headers one for big block and one for small block. it is actually really easy to tune and no modifications are needed.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
jarett 92

i have a barely used trinity pipe for sale if your interested PM me. id either go with trinity, THS, or resonator.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
greenrevo

sorry to butt in but does anyone know how the trinity pipe mounts to the 2.5 compared to the 2 screw stock version? i found a killer deal on a used one and i understand that they are better than the traxxas pipes (roar pipes)!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 PM
JB COMP

I heard side pipes where the best.

if the 18TM is modded by EB mods then it will be signed by EBmods usually on the side of the case, but that person could have put a stock sleeve in a EB modded engine case, if you pull the sleeve out, and look at the ports (top of the ports) if they are chrome then the sleeve has stock timing but if the top of the ports are brass then the timing has been altered (I think EB mods mods timing, I know Abmods and RBmods does)
Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 AM
phil3842

get the ofna jp-3 pipe, just got it and it rocks on a os 21tm
Old 11-22-2012, 01:01 PM
[email protected]

I have an os .21tm with a side mounted jp-3. Before this, I had the trinity pipe. The trinity pipe had insane low end grunt and was very loud but the manifolds that it comes with tends to bend fairly easily. The jp-3 requires a little bit more work to put on considering it is a side pipe but I am very impressed with the performance it puts out. If you get the jp-3, you are going to have to cut away at the left side of the body in order for the body to clear the pipe