Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

supercharge

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
snoking16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supercharge

@ silvermax....when i said turbocharger i meant it as a broad statement...i should have just said forced induction. i know there completely different systems.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
silvermax

but there is a really big differance between a turbo and a supercharger. With that how many diesels do you know of that claim they are supercharged. not 95 %. on the otherga=hand if they would make a turbo charger for a nitro rc insted of a supercharger I would think of buying one. Think of it the exhaust is already being utilized to make pressure in the gas tank to act as a fuel pump.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Chris1974

I am well aware of what I have already written. Allthough entertaining, there's no need to give me an outline of what I wrote not even 3 hours ago.

This is very amusing for me, but I have better ways to spend my time other than sending meaningless insults and threats back and fourth through a forum that is desingned for constructive debates and advise for beginners.

I gave my opinion, and I stand by it. Not that an undereducated drunk would change my mind anyways.

Peace and happy R/C'ing
Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: snoking16

Adam at AB mods just settled this argument for once and for all....he dynoed a supercharged nitro motor and they dont do crap SO STOP ARGUING AND JUST TAKE IT!!!

did Adam tell you he dynoed a supercharger?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM
beer=food
Banned

l remember seeing a hyper 2.5 with a factory turbo, if l remember right, correct me if lm wrong.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
JB COMP

all hyper engines say "turbo" ny Hyper 21 8-port says "turbo" on it. I think they mean the turbo cuts on the crank or somthing, but a picco, NR, RB, Go Tech, STS, and probably some SH engines can beat the Hyper.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Hairballusmaximus

Some of the OFNA eng did have some sort of forced induction, but I dont have a clue what you'd call it. They used a fan of sorts that was mouted on the crank at the rear of the motor, I believe it was between the pull start OWB and the crank but I never figured out how it actually worked. I did some more research and found that basically the only thing a super charger or a turbo would do to help on a nitro 2-stroke would be that by blowing everything out the exhaust port you are burning only a fuel air mix instead of a fuel/air/exhaust mixture.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

I love it! The same arguments, same topics, just a different date strata.....
Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM
snoking16

the RB 523 is a "turbo" engine too. its just a turbo head so you use turbo glow plugs........
Old 01-12-2008, 03:21 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: Hairballusmaximus

Some of the OFNA eng did have some sort of forced induction, but I dont have a clue what you'd call it. They used a fan of sorts that was mouted on the crank at the rear of the motor, I believe it was between the pull start OWB and the crank but I never figured out how it actually worked.
the hyper engines (welll some) have a fan on there OWB but I don't think that would help any.

I did some more research and found that basically the only thing a super charger or a turbo would do to help on a nitro 2-stroke would be that by blowing everything out the exhaust port you are burning only a fuel air mix instead of a fuel/air/exhaust mixture.[/
are nirto engines are crank induction engines, and the crank port isn't open when the intake ports are open, so it would blow the fuel and air out the exhuast anymore then it already dose.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:21 PM
beer=food
Banned

Yea l know that one, but lm sure l saw a 2.5 hyper with a mechanical turbo where the roto start would go, l didnt take much notice of it and shoulda had a closer look.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:26 PM
snoking16

that would be interesting to look at...so the fan ran of the exhaust like a turbo?
Old 01-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Hairballusmaximus

No, its driven off the crank.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
JB COMP

in the hyper engines, the OWB has fins on it like a fan, probably just to stur up the fuel and air inside the engine.