Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Radar

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Edfltchr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar

Hey guys thought you might find this interesting.My dad was a police officer for many yrs. Anyway I'm visiting and go look for my dremel I havent seen in 10 yrs and lo and behold an ancient radar unit. Its a Stephenson MkVI ser no 6099.Dad says it works lol .It looks like something Barney Fife and Sheriff Taylor used. Anyway gonna rig up a pigtail to see If I cant get it working tomorrow. Then clock the trucks
Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
lordbobthegreat

Default RE: Radar

Sounds Awesome what trucks are you going to be Radaring?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Edfltchr

All I have at the moment is a S-Maxx and Jato Really want to wind the Jato up if the unit actually worksMy dad stored it 30 yrs ago so we'll see
Old 01-22-2008, 09:14 PM
DaveG55

Don't those things have to be calibrated to be accurate? Is so do they need special equipment to calibrate and do you have it? And will something that old even pick-up something as small as an rc car? Still. it will be fun to play with and try out.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Edfltchr

Lol Your right Dave they do need to be calibrated which I'm sure this one is WAY out of calibration.No I can use my car I figure with someone else driving and comunnicate via 2 way to calibrate thats even if the thing still works
Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
holeshotkid

Just find a local police officer and ask him to check it with his tuning forks. Are you wiring it up to plug into a cigarette lighter outlet?