Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo v. T Maxx ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:06 AM
cnbsdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo v. T Maxx ?

Other than price, what's the difference between the nitro Maxx and Revo.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:03 AM
snoking16

Default RE: Revo v. T Maxx ?

LOL...do a little research. just search in REVO vs. TMAXX and i bet it comes up with tons of stuff u can read up.

but since i feel obligated to say atleast something, the revo has a new suspension design that makes it handle amazingly compared to any other MT out there. the tmaxx is a little lighter so in a strait line it might be faster, it is also thought that the revo is more durable then the tmaxx.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 PM
rcdudegermy10

ORIGINAL: cnbsdad

Other than price, what's the difference between the nitro Maxx and Revo.
Really just about everything...

But, according to the Traxxas manual the T-maxx is lighter. (bet you wouldn't have guessed!)
Old 02-09-2008, 01:36 PM
beer=food
Banned

Yet the revo will own it !
Old 02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T-maxx breaks like an old lady with a fragile hip, biggest money pit ever[&o]
Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 PM
rcdudegermy10

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Yet the revo will own it !
It's funny that you say that!?

I have to disagree about the T-maxx breaking, mine has been pretty durable for a monster truck so far. I wouldn't expect for the revo to be much more durable than the T-maxx is, if at all...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13812.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	873997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17224.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	873998  
Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 PM
snoking16

^^^DUDE!!! no crap urs is durrable...how much money do u have in that thing??? we are comparing stock to stock.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:32 PM
beer=food
Banned

hahahaha LOL what he said, and l'd bet the moddified revo would outright smash a T-max, they [t-max] have a bad chassis fault, theres no fixing that no matter how many mods you stick on.
You can basicly rip a T-Max entire front end off in a small accident at the wrong angle, it is designed poorly, well not for its day it wasnt, but compared directly to a revo, which is design far far better overall, ppfftt, its a no brainer.
The chassis is what makes a REVO pwn a T-MAXx.Its no contest if you look close at them side by side.
Dont bother comparing suspension, no MT comes close to revo's design, any make or model of the same scale is no contest .....
Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
rcnitrohead

Thats exactly what happened to me^^^ My chassis ripped off at a 45 degree angle at 7mph I have over $600 in it without the cost of the truck[:-] Still breaks like nothing..
Old 02-09-2008, 07:39 PM
jp173363

rcdudegermy10, I hope your truck doesn't break because you don't have anything traxxas on it. Here is my opinion for what it is worth. Are you on a budget? If you are the Tmaxx is the way to go because you can save about 50 bucks. Doesn't sound like a lot, but weather you have a Tmaxx or Revo stuff like the a arms are going to break. You could use that 50 bucks to do the RPM a arms like rcdudegermy10 has, they are pretty dang stout. Next, are you going to race or just bash around. If you are going to race then you really need to go Revo, it handles much better then the Tmaxx. Now as for what Beer=food and rcnitrohead have said, I haven't had that problem...Yet. I'm expecting it because I have every generation of Maxx, and by far, this seems to be the weekest one. I've broken less on my maxx with the TRX Pro .15 then I have on the current Maxx. So take budget into consideration, and what you can hop up on the Maxx Price vs. the Revo price. If you are lucky enough to have a good LHS (local hobby shop in case you are new to the sport) they will have one to let you try out. Good Luck
Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
snoking16

its a known thing that the tmaxxes would get less and less durable from the orginal. the first gen tmaxx was built like a tank.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
rcnitrohead

lol jp, I'm far from new.. I've just had the patience to put up with this pos for the last 4 years To be honest, I'm conentrating on making my Savage into a racer and buying a 1/8th on road..
Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
rcdudegermy10

rcnitrohead- something must've seriously been wrong with your T-Maxx for it to break at 7mph, did you forget to put it back together or something? How often do you go 7mph anyway? I'm mainly around the 30-50mph range.

snoking16- I have a lot of $$ in my T-Maxx, not sure exactly how much it'd be depressing to know. But, I plan on keeping this car forever, and never selling it. When I'm done nothing will be stock.

beer=food- I think both you and I know that it's more driving skill than anything, but putting that aside to make it equal, I do think that the t-maxx can compete with a Revo. Associated MGT, and Losi trucks race in the revo class, so who says that a T-Maxx can't.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
snoking16

we never said they cant, they can, but will usually get owned if the driver of a revo or LST2 is any good. tmaxx's are just not as track worthy as a Revo. and a MGT is one of the last trucks i would want to be driving out on the track. i do think ur max can take a MGT.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:28 PM
nitromonkee

Just buy the Revo trust me
Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: snoking16

its a known thing that the tmaxxes would get less and less durable from the orginal. the first gen tmaxx was built like a tank.
I was about to say, Cause I have a first gen T-Maxx and that thing never broke. Now I put on some RPM arms and ramped that thing off of everything and anything and that thing never broke.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 PM
beer=food
Banned

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

rcnitrohead- something must've seriously been wrong with your T-Maxx for it to break at 7mph, did you forget to put it back together or something? How often do you go 7mph anyway? I'm mainly around the 30-50mph range.

snoking16- I have a lot of $$ in my T-Maxx, not sure exactly how much it'd be depressing to know. But, I plan on keeping this car forever, and never selling it. When I'm done nothing will be stock.

beer=food- I think both you and I know that it's more driving skill than anything, but putting that aside to make it equal, I do think that the t-maxx can compete with a Revo. Associated MGT, and Losi trucks race in the revo class, so who says that a T-Maxx can't.
No no, l say they cant compete straight up, because they cant, a T-Maxx is NOT as strong as a revo, cannot controll a jump like a revo, is not as fast around a track or up the road as a revo, cannot take to the air like a revo, has not won all the last 6 or 7 years of ROAR titles like the revo has, is NOT anywhere near as strong a chassis as a revo, hell doesnt even look as good as a revo, sorry to say it, but a T-Max does not compete with a revo in any area but one, guess what it is, MUD. lve sold my t-max now but when l had it for some reason it would go through the thick mud better.T-Maxx and revo's biggest difference is the chassis, revo's is decades better.
Anyways how much mud do people drive in, not much, so the t-max is past its day sorry to say.And l cant recomend anyone buy one with the revo being from the same company and much better quallity.
But l agree on the driving skill wins most races comment, but put all the best drivers together, what are they all driving ? REVO"S>.......not T-MAXX's......

The first gen T-Maxx was the best, the rest are getting less and less goodera ! T-Maxx now, LOL butter !
Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 PM
rcnitrohead

lol I love it whenever I tell that story, how people always say its impossible... I've seen a vid of a T-Maxx break cleanly in half after hitting a fence after 20mph, I've even seen a Savage break into 3 pieces after a 5 foot jump.. But there was nothing wrong with my truck, everything was bolted on fine.. I was doing 360's on my street, and applied too much throttle so while braking I hit a curb at less than 10mph... Guess what, the chassis snaps off at the bulkhead mounting point. And I dont understand the comment about how fast my truck was going, does it matter if I drive my truck at WOT or at low speeds? Its a shame the truck brakes like that at such a small speed All trucks have week points, and all break from time to time, but my T-maxx breaks 90% of the time on EACH outing with soft bashing[:@]
Old 04-28-2008, 09:37 AM
michael109

my neighbor has a t-maxx 2.5r racing motor with pull start
i have a revo 2.5r RTR Stock

my revo is a lot heavier but as soon as my revo gets moving i walks away in a heads up drag race
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
NStampede Freak

What a bunch of retarded t-maxx haters who have no idea what they are talking about!!!!![:@][:@][:'(][:@][:'(]

It broke when you hit something at 7mph???? Gimme a break, that is total nonsense. I have hit stuff with my t-maxx at way faster than that without a scratch.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
michael109

ORIGINAL: NStampede Freak

What a bunch of retarded t-maxx haters who have no idea what they are talking about!!!!![:@][:@][:'(][:@][:'(]

It broke when you hit something at 7mph???? Gimme a break, that is total nonsense. I have hit stuff with my t-maxx at way faster than that without a scratch.
yours must be newer
my old one like 2003 model was crap
revo is the way to go
Old 04-28-2008, 04:35 PM
rcnitrohead

T-maxx haters? You are the full of yourself fanboy. There are hundreds of owners on RCU who have experience the crappy construction of the 2.5 T-maxx models. Compared with the amount of people who say the T-maxx is tough (non Pro .15), there are hundreds more who say different. The damn thing is a money pit, if you dont want to believe my experience then dont, I have nothing to prove to you. I've own my T-maxx for 5 years, April actually marks the 5th year that I've owned the thing, and its been sitting in my basement for the last year collecting dust... When its running I love to drive it, its quick and handles great, but there is no doubt that it breaks like a dry twig on impact with anything.. I bet you are one of those people who bought his/her T-maxx 3 months ago and has driven it 5 times and its wonderful, get real and open your eyes..............

Edit: Like Michael, I also have the 2003 version..
Old 08-10-2008, 03:56 PM
revodog14

dude honestly the revo is a thousand times better then the t maxx i just got rid of mine cuz i went of a 4 foot jump and the dam car split where the bulk heads meet the chassis so i sold it and bought a revo and i was landing 12 foot jumps no problem. we live by a river and we have leeves and ill hit them full speed with my revo and launch like 20 feet and nothing wrong the only problem i had was i snapped the rear rocker in half but nothing else broke the revo is truely the way to go im gonna custom my revo out so if any of you want some performance tipc or have any questions e mail me at [email protected]
Old 08-10-2008, 04:45 PM
t-maxxmaniac

im think ur all crazy...(aome seem 2 be more durable than others, i beat my maxx hard an it never breaks
Old 08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

I've had a few t maxx trucks and a few revos. I always liked the maxx BUT..........it breaks too darn easy period! I would take a revo for any style driving over the maxx anyday of the week now. The revo is a thousand times ahead of the maxx without a doubt. For those who say differently thats fine. To each it's own but while you're at your LHS buying parts and at home replacing them I'm out having fun with my revo. Sure they all will break but the odds are in your favor having the revo period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.