Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new engine time

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
mister_T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine time

i was intending on running the 2.5 engine in my s-maxx into the ground but ive now aquired a jato so it makes sense to keep it as a backup engine. which means its time to stick a new un in the s-maxx all i want to know its whats the absolute best engine i can get for sub $200 (which includes a carb as the 1 i have now has seen better days). i have both ez start and pull start so aslong as i can fit either of them ill be happy, the truck is used for driving in park like areas and bashing.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Danju

Default RE: new engine time

...um picco .26 max which is about 200 (you hafta get a engine mount for it tho)...or scarf up the remaining OS .18 TM you can find...those are great engines.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Ricky T

[link]http://www.rcplanet.com/RB_Products_TM523_23_7_2_3_Port_p/rbd01901523000.htm[/link]

this motor is probly the easyest dropin thats out there
comes with everything you need too.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 PM
s_pisco7084

ORIGINAL: Ricky T

[link]http://www.rcplanet.com/RB_Products_TM523_23_7_2_3_Port_p/rbd01901523000.htm[/link]

this motor is probly the easyest dropin thats out there
comes with everything you need too.
There are no other upgrades required ?? Drivetrain and all will hold up ??
Old 02-18-2008, 01:07 AM
leroycool1

or just get a 3.3
Old 02-18-2008, 06:00 AM
snoking16

the RB 523 has alot of top end and some good low end. unlike BB which have tons of low end but not much bottom end. so with most of the power in the higher RPM's it doesnt tear up the driveline. the motor is still a powerplant. a revo has been clocked at 73MPH with a RB 523 in it. mine will do 50 easy and still wheelie like crazy.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 AM
mister_T

that rb523 engine posted looks like exactly what im after! should be very intresting being as the front end wont even think about staying down until 2nd gear with a 2.5, im in the states on the 12th of next month so ill get it ordered then. i feel like a kid at xmas everytime im waiting on a new bit for my car lool
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: mister_T

that rb523 engine posted looks like exactly what im after! should be very intresting being as the front end wont even think about staying down until 2nd gear with a 2.5, im in the states on the 12th of next month so ill get it ordered then. i feel like a kid at xmas everytime im waiting on a new bit for my car lool
You can get your S-Maxx to wheelie with a 2.5? I can barely get my T-Maxx to climb a curb... Although it needs to be tuned I'm just to lazy to actually tune it....
Old 02-18-2008, 10:14 AM
mister_T

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

ORIGINAL: mister_T

You can get your S-Maxx to wheelie with a 2.5? I can barely get my T-Maxx to climb a curb... Although it needs to be tuned I'm just to lazy to actually tune it....
yep, dont know if i just got lucky with the engine but i can hoist the front easier than my housemates revo 3.3 and savage 4.6. im not sure if its down to the rear wheel drive or tyres but wheelies are on command until it shifts into 2nd. seem to have a lot more balls than the 2.5 in my jato anyway