Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Integy servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
FISH KILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy servo

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMJW3&P=7]integy servo[/link]

What do you think of this steering servo. It is faster at .17 s and stronger at 190 oz. 37.99

not bad huh? What do you think?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Clymer122693

Default RE: Integy servo

It's integy...............Blah!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:49 PM
snoking16

integy sucks dude.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
jessemxt

Try it and let us know.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
snoking16

dont try it. not worth the money.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:13 PM
HILLFINGER

I think you get what you pay for .
Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 PM
jessemxt

You guys that are saying that servo sucks do you know from experience? Or are you saying it sucks because it is integy maybe if fishkilla bought it and put a jr sticker on it everyone would like it. ( THIS IS MY OPINION)
Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
snoking16

well if you go by track record...the servo sucks. why even chance the servo being crappy? it just makes more work for you. its a pain in the but when ur bashing and the servo goes bad. your done bashing, you have to go buy a new servo, and then install it. you could just spend another $10 and not have a headache at all.

its not just the sticker. its that integy makes horrible parts.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:31 PM
mister_T

so snoking even though youve never owned anything integy

oh i have never had anything integy ...
and its their alu that you think is what makes their products poor:

their aluminum is poor grade
how can you even comment on a non alu part that youve never owned. if this part sucks and is not worth the money then give a detailed review on it outlining the issues that cause it to suck, and what exactly about the part makes it not worth the money.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
snoking16

a long time ago when i had a old revo and tmaxx 2.5 i bought everything aluminum and it was integy. a arms, shock towers, servo gaurds, radio boxes, fuel tanks, wheels. just about everything. i got so fed up with everything bending and breaking other parts on the trucks that i just sold it all and took a long break. since i have been back i have bought a Revo and a truggy and have never had anything integy. just like i stated in the thread u got that quote from.

even if i have never had anything aluminum i still know its crap because 95% of the people out there that have used integy aluminum has posted here saying how much it sucks.

they make crappy aluminum products, which means they dont care at all about their customers. now knowing this why the heck would i want to buy anything from aluminum? knowing that there is a good chance the servo is a piece of crap i would rather spend my money elsewear where i KNOW that the product i am buying is a good one.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
TheRealDeal

I highly dought Integy makes that servo,I'm sure its made by a major manufacture for them and to say it is crap just because it is sold by Integy without first hand experience, is just asinine
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
snoking16

go for it then...buy it, review it and lets see. if its crap then i told you so. if its amazing then good job you lucked out.

and dude...integy is a major manufactor. you have no idea if infact someone else made the servo. so dont be disrespectfull and discredit my opinions by calling them asinine.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
TheRealDeal

snoking16,
I'm not pointing the finger at you,theres two other guys in this thred already (and I'm sure there will be more) that basicaly said it is junk and I dought any of us have first hand experiance with this servo,,

By saying a major manufacture,I meant a electronic's manufacture,,,kind of like Towers servo's,I think they're made by Hitec but I really don't know
Old 02-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Soothsayerman

I buy solid aluminum parts from Integy that I know I won't have a problem with. Basically some skid plates and some rockers. But I was reading the battery charger forum and saw some complaints about some integy power supplies.

Basically that they looked nice on the outside, but were made with cheap parts shoddy workmanship etc on the inside.

Take that for what it's worth.

There are a lot of servos out there that people rave about

Hitec
Futaba
JR
Ace servo

ace makes some very nice servos, all metal construction (for their digital ones), some guys in Austin rave about them, don't know much about them
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 PM
FISH KILLA

I will not chance wasting money on it. Thanks for the opinions but i ma not going to be the guinea pig on this one LOL. Hillfinger, how about that link to the hitec bad boy at Impakt? I just like seeing your big blue links to them.

I saw this servo on a guy's revo on this forum. I did not ask how it has worked out for him so... oh well. Good little thread I guess.

Later
Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the looks of it the servo looks like a cirrus servo, i serously dout integy made that servo its prolly just rebranded and from the look on the caseing its probably a rebranded cirrus servo the price looks about the same too,

if it is really a rebranded servos those cirrus servos arent that bad i had one for 2 years with no issues i jsut let it go 2 days ago it was in my savage i traded
Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
jessemxt

I think these are the same one is a bluebird servo and the other is Integy they look the same what do you think?
actually this one looks more like it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12885.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	882811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53872.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	882812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82491.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	882813  
Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 AM
hawk 2

There's a lot of people hating on Integy but then you see a lot of trucks with them on. Even on eBay there's a lot of people buying/bidding on used ones.
To satisfy some of your curiosity, I have [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMJW5&P=7]this one[/link] one on my Tmaxx33 and I just put one in my bros Revo (the one Fish Killa saw). Not only does it look good but it works really well. I've had it for 8 mos now and so far it's holding up pretty good. Now I don't know if 8 mos is good enough to write up a review but I can tell you I've broken 3 stock steering bellcranks, plenty of front a arms and tumbled end over end like any hard basher and it's still going strong. I did the "weight up front" test and it turned the wheels with ease. I even have the small servo saver on. Maybe I got lucky?? I am probably one out of a few who does have this servo with no problems yet, but I have read a few posts with people having trouble with Hitec servos. Problems exist with every brand. One gets bashed more than the other and people just follow the trend.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 AM
HILLFINGER

[link=http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?products_id=317]Hitec HS-985MG High Torque Coreless Servo[/link] lol
Old 02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
mister_T

ORIGINAL: snoking16

a long time ago when i had a old revo and tmaxx 2.5 i bought everything aluminum and it was integy. a arms, shock towers, servo gaurds, radio boxes, fuel tanks, wheels. just about everything. i got so fed up with everything bending and breaking other parts on the trucks that i just sold it all and took a long break. since i have been back i have bought a Revo and a truggy and have never had anything integy. just like i stated in the thread u got that quote from.

a long time ago... products change, manufacturing methods change, materials change. its a pity stubborn ass peoples minds cant change

even if i have never had anything aluminum i still know its crap because 95% of the people out there that have used integy aluminum has posted here saying how much it sucks.

95% of people out there who rant crap have probably never owned anything integy

they make crappy aluminum products, which means they dont care at all about their customers. now knowing this why the heck would i want to buy anything from aluminum? knowing that there is a good chance the servo is a piece of crap i would rather spend my money elsewear where i KNOW that the product i am buying is a good one.
a lot of bold claims there and still not 1 reason you can give why there "crap". if you have a personal vendetta against them then take it elsewhere and stop trolling every integy related thread ur like a whiny scratched record. only 1 person on this thread has actually replied who owns 1 and hey guess what it works. have a nice day
Old 02-19-2008, 08:00 AM
megamaxx

i have the integy servo in ? i like it flawless for over a year in a maxx with 40 series tires and is now in my mgt with the same tires,i have run a few other things integy,skid plates(snapped),shocks(shafts bent),diff cases(flawless for many gallons),shock towers(snapped),chassis braces(pitted, but functioned for many gallons),bulk heads(flawless)
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 AM
mister_T

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

i have the integy servo in ? i like it flawless for over a year in a maxx with 40 series tires and is now in my mgt with the same tires,i have run a few other things integy,skid plates(snapped),shocks(shafts bent),diff cases(flawless for many gallons),shock towers(snapped),chassis braces(pitted, but functioned for many gallons),bulk heads(flawless)
i have the bulkheads and chassis braces and mine are the same as your, bulkheads are perfect and some markings on the chassis braces from getting it caught on rocks. i hit 1 rock so hard that it took a chunk out of both my rpm a-arms and snapped my skid plate but the bulkheads came out unscathed. being as i broke the standard bulkheads on my 2nd tank of fuel and ive now been through a good few gallons ont he integy 1's id say they work pretty darn well