Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Help!! Integy sterring blocks for Stampede.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
duckscrubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Integy sterring blocks for Stampede.

I just purchased the integy steering blocks off ebat for my pede. They look awesome but I have no Idea what bearings they use... The stock bearings will not even come close. Does anyone or has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions?

I also went to integy's website to find spec but got no joy there either.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help!! Integy sterring blocks for Stampede.

5x11? That what RPM uses in theirs.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 AM
duckscrubber

Not even a close fit... I have RPM's on my rusty vxl. Im not sure a bearing is even going to fit. I may have to use bushings instead. Again, I wrote Integy about the problem but they have not replied yet.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:45 AM
lostNdallas

From the couple of times I worked on my buddies XL-5 I think the bushings may be 5x8?

Traxxas uses those in their upgrade wheelie bar wheels I believe.

If you can get an outside diameter measurement, you can call any bearing supply house and ask for 5 x (i.d.) x 4 bearings.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM
duckscrubber

Thanks Lostndallas,

Integy finally wrote back saying I have the type 1 carriers and I should just exchange them for the type two through the company I bought them. Appearently the type twos use 5x11 stock bearings. Problem is the Ebay company I purchased them from does not carry the type 2 steering block by integy. Go figure!!!

I solved my problem by simply buying a whole new set of steering blocks by ST Racing which comes with bearings.

Now that I know what to do for the integy ones, I will buy a set of bearings to fit and place them for sale. If anyones iterested let me know.

Thanks again for all the help and hope this tread helps others.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 AM
lostNdallas

I just noticed I used the wrong dimension. It should be 5 x (o.d.) x 4, in other words, 5mm inside diameter x whatever the outside diameter measures x 4 mm width.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 AM
duckscrubber

You were right on Dallas!!

They are 5x8x2.5 oillite bearings for the stampede xl-5. The vxl upgraded to bigger 5x11 bearings once they went brushless for reduced friction at high speeds. Thanks for all the help. Again I hope this can help others.

Respectfully, Duckscrubber
Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 AM
duckscrubber

Ok. here is all the information any one will need if they run into this problem.

Integy aluminum type I steering blocks = Stampede XL-5 = 5x8x2.5 bearings part # 5114
*Note- this part number is for the revo but traxxas only has bushings for the stampede. This part number works TRUST ME!!! and these are bearings not bushings.

Integy aluminum type II steering blocks= Stampede VXL = 5x11x4 bearings part # 5116

each uses its respective stock bearings or bushings. However if your like me and buy the wrong steering blocks for the VXL you will need ball bearings not bushings. Above are the specs for the bearings for each type of integy steering block for the Stampede should you find yourself in my position. ALL of this also applies to the rustler VXL, XL-5 and Bandit VXL,XL-5 as well.

Finally a closing chapter to this mess. I owe it all to Dallas. Thanks Man!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:19 AM
lostNdallas

I'm glad I could give back a little.

I've been pulling a great deal of info off of these forums the last few weeks getting back into R/C after 15 years out. It's surprising that not much has really changed other than battery technology and brushless motors.