Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I'm using protection

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 04:26 AM
FISH KILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm using protection

I like to run in the wet stuff sometimes so...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64228.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	886130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21738.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	886131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20851.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	886132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha78999.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	886133  
Old 02-23-2008, 04:29 AM
cluelessk

Default RE: I'm using protection

happy birthday to you 2
Old 02-23-2008, 04:41 AM
FISH KILLA

Thanks allot man! same to you.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:15 AM
wave waker

that's neat[sm=thumbup.gif]....but make sure open it up when done running to prevent moisture that will cause problem in the future.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:44 AM
sunco1

thats alot cleaner than what i do.

i take saran wrap and wrap the entire top and make holes in each layer for the antenna. keeps everything dry
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy birthday Fish[8D] lol Sunco, thats what I did with my Savage last year, I saran wrapped the chassis It works great though, but I'm going to try to plasti dip the servos this year since I'm getting new ones BTW whats the stuff called? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 PM
beer=food
Banned

Have you guys tried LATEX ?
You can buy it in some places by the litre, concentrate, you add water and you can make latex, it can be used to completely seal anything, but, to seal the component you must remove it, we have some at the PC shop and are still experimenting with it, its pretty expencive, but its looking like the best thing lve found so far, the problem we are still having is moulds and getting thicknesses right, maybe a dipping solution is needed here, anyways, also what is good to have is a can of spray on silicone, and a tube of silicone, if you can rip appart the servo's and silcone seal them from inside out, you stop condensation build up on the inside of the standard used balloons, which can stuff servo's, its time consuming but effective if done right, drill some extra holes in the middle of your tyres, so when they spin up any water in then is ejected out the holes through G force, and for wet driving get a secondary air filter, home made ones are better in my opinion, but get it right, you want it as big as you can get it to be and fit, any water splash hit first filter and doesnt get drawn into engine at the rate where its going to cause a stall, silicone some cut up balloon over the holes where the servo rods linkages come out, pop a hole in the middle of the balloon so the servo rod can go through [yes you have to disconnect and re-set all ya servo rod links ] silicone that small cut out piece of balloon over the holes where the servo rod come out of the protector box, boxes.
When you replace all your bearings in just a few months, spend 100 ducks extra and get good quallity ones if you plan to stay wet weather driving, bearings dont last, especially if you leave your truck sit for a week between runs after being wet.