Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 2nd gear is funky

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
sunco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 2nd gear is funky

My friend has a revo and we were driving today and he couldnt hear it shift into second. common sense would tell you that its not shifting.

BUT!!!

we took it to the treet and it was goin just as fast as mine and mine shifts. wit had the same noticable speed, and no sound of the shift.

could it just be its very quiet?? or is something wrong.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 PM
revo-nation

Default RE: Revo 2nd gear is funky

it must be shifting if your going the same speed as your friends. (or neither are hitting 2nd)
a minor settings allows the tranny to shift after only a split second or you can set it to hit much later.
or you are running too rich so its not hitting the rpm's necessary to shift
Old 02-25-2008, 08:22 PM
sunco1

no i can here mine shifting. i can here his. he leaned up his lsn and it didnt seem to do the trick.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The low speed will only make it idle higher and more power on the low end. You would need to lean out the hsn. Amybe your just shifting REALLY early. So you don't hear it shift because it already is in secound. I've had that hapen to me before. Pick the truck up and slowly give it throttle untill you hear it shift, then just adjust it accordingly.