Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

question on center diff revo

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 PM
dave carpenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on center diff revo

i have a revo 3.3 with a 2.5 transmision with a forword only kit already in it want center diff what other parts do i need instead of buying kit because i dont need forward only parts

thanks dave
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
FISH KILLA

Default RE: question on center diff revo

well dave, it is dave isn't it? The Center diff comes with the FOC so you will just need to get the rear brake kit. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
dave carpenter

i was thinking i would need gear differental output but not sure
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
FISH KILLA

you may. did you look on Traxxas?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
dave carpenter

yes thats were i found it its just because i added forward only kit already i just want to add center diff for racing so it dont wheelie
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Caramel_Slim

uh, the FOC is sold without the center differential.. you can, however, buy the center diff separately and install it.

Strange, i was just looking... I know I bought only one item that had the center diff, FOC and rear brake kit... but doesn't look like they sell them all together. All separate.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
SENMERI

I heard that you would have to buy a 3.3 transmission Case?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 AM
FISH KILLA

I may be wrong here I am not sure. I thought that the center diff kit came with the FOC. I am unaware if the 2.5 tranny is different from the 3.3 tranny. I don't remember reading anything about it. There are some guys on here that will help you out soon I am sure.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 AM
FISH KILLA

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo33/trx_revo33_accessories.htm#centerdiff]Here you go.[/link] Scroll down a bit.
Center Differential

The optional center differential can be installed on Revo 2.5R* or 3.3 to help balance the distribution of power to reduce front end lift on acceleration and improve steering responsiveness.

Part #5414
Differential kit, center
(Complete for Revo)
(assembled with 100K oil)
Requires forward-only conversion (included)
Suggested retail price $ 39.00

*Requires short-rear output shaft, part #5416, for use with Revo 2.5R standard chassis.

Part #5416
Gear, differential output
Suggested retail price $ 6.00

Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 AM
FISH KILLA

I realized what you were trying to get out of your question and Traxxas does not specify the part number of the output shaft in hte FOC kit but if I had to guess I would say that the outputshafts in the FOC and center diff kit are the same between the 2.5 and 3.3 trannys because they do not specify a different part number for the center diff for the 3.3 and 2.5. It is only one kit. What I am trying to say is that the output shaft you already have is the one they say you need for the center diff. Blaghghg. That was tough. Get the center diff and you do not need anything else...I think.

I regret trying to help on this one. I am confused as hell.[:@] Snoking, nitrovenom, JBCOMP, Hillfinger somebody help this guy so he can save himself 6 bucks!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 AM
cd_14

ORIGINAL: FISH KILLA

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo33/trx_revo33_accessories.htm#centerdiff]Here you go.[/link] Scroll down a bit.
Center Differential

The optional center differential can be installed on Revo 2.5R* or 3.3 to help balance the distribution of power to reduce front end lift on acceleration and improve steering responsiveness.

Part #5414
Differential kit, center
(Complete for Revo)
(assembled with 100K oil)
Requires forward-only conversion (included)
Suggested retail price $ 39.00

*Requires short-rear output shaft, part #5416, for use with Revo 2.5R standard chassis.

Part #5416
Gear, differential output
Suggested retail price $ 6.00

What Fish Killa said. You'll need the rear brake too (to stop the back wheels of course), $15 or so. This will help stop stripping the spur gear (when jumping and landing). And oh, no more wheelies. Good for racing, I guess.

Looks like he'll need 5416 to put into the c-diff to compensate for the 2.5 chassis. Sounds like the drive shaft will not shorten enough.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:55 AM
ttoks

the center diff does indeed come with all the parts for the FOC, but the 2.5 tranny case doesn't have the mounts on it for the rear brake kit, so you'll need the rear half of a 3.3 case to use rear breaks, which are the ones you want off road.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 AM
slayerphonics

If it has a forward only conversion and you want a diff. you just need to buy the diff kit, and some 500,000 weight diff lube, its like cement, but that revo diff just doens't work with anything lighter
Old 02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
dave carpenter

so what i undstand is buy just center diff kit only but what is part no for revo 3.3 that does not include forword only kit and the only center diff output shaft part no i found is for revo 2.5 the short one

let me know thanks dave
Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Straick7

I have a 2.5 Revo and the stock center diff fit perfectly in mine without having to replace any of the parts in the diff. It will be a very tight fit. but it does fit. You will have to almost walk the tranny back into the chassis in order to reconnect the rear driveshaft, but it all does go back together with some patience. As far as the lube in it goes, thicker is better in the center diff. The lube it comes preloaded with is way too thin for regular use(it will rapidly unload to any tire not on the ground). Good luck.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
SENMERI

Our there any pictures or instructions on installing the center diff.... I have a revo that i purchased on here and it has the FOC But i am pretty sure that it doen't have the center diff because of all the wheele's that is does.... Thanks UTUBe??Maybe?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:55 PM
SENMERI

Does this truck have a center diff... It has already FOC... THanks

[link]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n160/dylansmac/IMG_3556.jpg[/link]

[link]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n160/dylansmac/IMG_3558.jpg[/link]