Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Platinum Edition... Coming April 11th

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
CadenceWildBeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo Platinum Edition... Coming April 11th

The thing that i an wondering is this is a limited addition. Get them fast right???? What about the replacement parts?? Will the replacement parts be for a limited time also?? If not then after they stop selling them you could put your own together part by part no matter how many years down the line. If they dont then those who put the special addition will be pretty pissed off when they have 2 put stock 3.3 parts on them.

what do you guys think??
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
malibuboats4

im pretty sure all of these parts are already hop ups on the market, so replacements wont be a problem. im pretty sure the servos are the only thing not out there... but i think they have similar ones on the new emaxx or they are the same. im also willing to bet that these are not limited edition and will be on the market for a while.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Oasis TR

I like mine more..lol..but If this one had been out I would have bought it over the stock 3.3 for sure.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
jarett 92

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

ORIGINAL: jarett 92

i still dont like the header set up...i wish it used springs instead of the screws. it bends too much.

lol like the guy above this said

it does use springs not screws
oh lol sweet. seems like they've fixed everything i dont like about it :P
Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 PM
CadenceWildBeast

i know that most of the hop up are out there and i have all of them, but the radio boxes and gas tank are some things that are unique.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: bob5429

$1200[X(]
no!! that is list price. On rc planet it is $699.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Tpilot48

My local hobby shop said it would be $650-$700.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:02 AM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to much id rather just buy a truggy for that price
Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
DtsRevoPicco

While I do think it is great that traxxas is moving in the right direction, I feel like the new platinum still leaves much to be desired. I wish they would just come out with a kit. Everything else that is made for racing comes in a kit. It doesn't matter if it is nitro or electric its a kit. You are buying the servos, motor, and a few other parts that will probably get swapped out quickly. I've never been a fan of Traxxas engines so if I bought one that would be the first thing I would swap. It should include the CVD's. I also wonder whether or not the aftermarket will go with the spline drive wheels. I do think the drive is way better than the tiny plastic hex in the revo but why not go with what works. The technology exists to only need one steering servo, why not use it. I would bet that for the price of the two crapy traxxas steering servos you could buy a hitec 333oz servo with brushless and titanium gears. I know traxxas has never sold a kit but if they ever want to be taken seriously in 1/10 2wd truck and buggy they are going to have to start sometime. The problem with Traxxas is that they try to tackle all aspects of the car at one time. This puts them behind everyone else as far as innovation. Their brushless system is great but its about 2 years behind, and they don't have a race ready truck to put it in. Don't get me wrong I had a Revo and liked it a lot, I sometimes miss it until I lap them with my Mbx5t. I think this is a great step in the right direction but they need to take one more.

I will give one piece of advice. If you want to race it sell the electronics and Motor before you ever turn it on. Use that money to buy either the 18tm or 21tm by os. Get a decent and fast throttle servo and that hitec servo I spoke of, you can ebay them for $109. Take off the sealed drive shafts and buy the CVD's from traxxas or from MIP. If you do that no revo will touch yours and it won't cost you but maybe $100 extra bucks. Do not put too quick of a motor in your Revo, it will slow you down!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Clymer122693

The engine is a fine by me and most of the people I race with. The 3.3 has a much smoother power band then the 18tm. The reason why they left the stock shafts is for the same reason that most racers use them including the pro's Slayden and Roberts,they are cheap to replace,if you are at a track and happen to break one then someone will surely have a extra and they are the only drive shafts for the revo that accept 8mm stub axles also if you happen to hit something no worries about bending the driveshaft unlike cvd's. Traxxas put more thaught into it then you think...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:40 PM
rcsavageboy

JUST GOT MY NEW PLATINUM REVO TODAY AT RC BOCA FOR $648.95. LOOKS PRETTY AWESOME...GOING TO BREAK IT IN LATER TODAY!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: rcsavageboy

JUST GOT MY NEW PLATINUM REVO TODAY AT RC BOCA FOR $648.95. LOOKS PRETTY AWESOME...GOING TO BREAK IT IN LATER TODAY!!!!
Nice, can we get some close up pics. I think its time I get my first MT .